Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rakeem Dickerson
Bookmark and Share
Crump1 Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
Rakeem Dickerson
Congrats on the kid from SDSU. Just passing along news that Rakeem Dickerson has signed to play for ASU. Thought you all might be interested since he is a LR kid.
04-26-2011 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Rakeem Dickerson
(04-26-2011 04:25 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  Congrats on the kid from SDSU. Just passing along news that Rakeem Dickerson has signed to play for ASU. Thought you all might be interested since he is a LR kid.

Never heard of the kid, but don't follow Little Rock players since we never get them anyway. ESPN was not impressed-

Rakeem Dickerson
Point Guard
CLASS: 2011 GRADE- 70

Grading Scale

70-79: Low-major prospect
Player is a low-major Division I prospect.

I will acknowledge that Brady was the only coach to offer Derek Fisher, other than Jim Platt. He seems to have a good eye for talent.
04-26-2011 09:23 PM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(04-26-2011 09:23 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(04-26-2011 04:25 PM)Crump1 Wrote:  Congrats on the kid from SDSU. Just passing along news that Rakeem Dickerson has signed to play for ASU. Thought you all might be interested since he is a LR kid.

Never heard of the kid, but don't follow Little Rock players since we never get them anyway. ESPN was not impressed-

Rakeem Dickerson
Point Guard

Grading Scale

I will acknowledge that Brady was the only coach to offer Derek Fisher, other than Jim Platt. He seems to have a good eye for talent.

Ratings are overrated. It sounds nice on paper but how many times have we seen that proven wrong. He's not a big scorer but according to Crawford he's the true point guard.
04-27-2011 12:19 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2011 12:19 AM)bigdhl Wrote:  

Rakeem Dickerson
Point Guard

Grading Scale

Ratings are overrated. It sounds nice on paper but how many times have we seen that proven wrong. He's not a big scorer but according to Crawford he's the true point guard.

Crawford sure "sounds" like an expert, but he's wrong about as often as he's right about a player. Just like all the rest of us. I also agree that the ratings are overrated. Still, its nice to see some of our recruits rated pretty highly since thats rarely been the case. Of course, now they just have to do it on the court at the DI level.
04-27-2011 12:45 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Ron is a pretty good evaluator of talent as he gets to see these players play against good competition, which gives him a pretty good perspective. Obviously they don't all become superstars, but I normally put a pretty good value on his opinions. Is he always right? Of course not. There are player personnel guys who make big money picking players for the NFL and NBA, and are they always right? No. If they were, Tom Brady wouldn't have been a sixth round draft choice. You can't measure heart.
04-27-2011 08:12 AM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-27-2011 08:12 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  Ron is a pretty good evaluator of talent as he gets to see these players play against good competition, which gives him a pretty good perspective. Obviously they don't all become superstars, but I normally put a pretty good value on his opinions. Is he always right? Of course not. There are player personnel guys who make big money picking players for the NFL and NBA, and are they always right? No. If they were, Tom Brady wouldn't have been a sixth round draft choice. You can't measure heart.

Like I said- he's right about 50% of the time. Just like the weatherman.
04-27-2011 09:25 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Well you bat .500 and you're a first ballot Hall of Famer.
04-27-2011 01:44 PM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

Rakeem Dickerson
Point Guard

Grading Scale

No reason to get all testy. I knew there was talk about him on this board a while back and he is from Hall so that's the relevance. I don't think it's a superstar signing but hopefully he will be a workman type PG.
04-27-2011 03:06 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I like true pg's
04-27-2011 07:18 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I have no problem with a Little Rock kid having a chance to play D1 ball, even if it's at ASU. Only time I get testy about that is when they commit to us an bolt at the last minute.
04-27-2011 07:43 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(04-27-2011 01:44 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Well you bat .500 and you're a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Hell, some of these guys can hit .260 and be Hall of Famers these days.
04-29-2011 06:03 PM
hb8 Offline
Bench Warmer

stAte fans hope "the weatherman" is accurate this time. The "forecast" for Rakeem is: "Rakeem will bring the solid leadership at the point guard that coaches are looking for. He defends, distributes and scores when needed. Rakeem is a fierce competitor. He is a great teammate and is more interested in the scoreboard than the scorebook".

stAte fans are optomistic about having signed two members of the Arkansas Wings 2010 national championship team.

We now both have signed high school point guards. Was it Al McGuire that said "the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophmores"?
04-30-2011 09:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.