Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Site: Owlupdate.com
Bookmark and Share
owlupdate.com Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kennesaw State
New Site: Owlupdate.com
Good morning Owls fans. I'm writing to let you know about a new Kennesaw State basketball website we launched recently: http://owlupdate.com. It's powered by StatSheet.com and I'm the editor.

We offer up article game recaps, previews, game notes, recap notes, Conference Player of the Week, NCAA Player of the Week, etc. We have more article types under development now (including our own tournament seeding predictions) and would love to hear from you about how our site could be better.

Here is an example of one of our Recap Notes: http://owlupdate.com/kennesaw-state-bask...ap-notes-3

We also have a mobile apps for Android and Apple, as well as Twitter and Facebook pages.

Anyway, we are very interested in your feedback. We've got a lot of new features coming in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

-Kenny
editor@owlupdate.com or you can PM me here
03-01-2011 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
RE: New Site: Owlupdate.com
"This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:18 left to go."

http://owlupdate.com/kennesaw-state-bask...ap-notes-3
03-01-2011 02:48 PM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Usually don't allow spam messages like this, but it seems you have a decent web site with some original content. Don't get too spammy though...keep a low profile and join the discussion.

Welcome.
03-01-2011 04:20 PM
owlupdate.com Offline
Water Engineer

(03-01-2011 04:20 PM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  Usually don't allow spam messages like this, but it seems you have a decent web site with some original content. Don't get too spammy though...keep a low profile and join the discussion.

Welcome.

Thanks - won't get too spammy ... This will be the only thread I create, and I may add a post to this thread from time to time if something really cool that is pertinent to the Owls comes up, we love feedback ...

Mostly, we are here to talk basketball.
03-01-2011 11:25 PM
Advertisement

owlupdate.com Offline
Water Engineer

Hey guys, as you know I am the editor for OwlUpdate.com and I just wanted to share our new StatSmack feature with you guys. It gives you stats on why Kennesaw State is better than any other school in terms of college basketball and other things. In light of the epic post from Goldfinger about his change of alliance to the Owls, here are some examples for ETSU:

-The Kennesaw State scoring leader (Markeith Cummings) has more points than the East Tennessee State scoring leader (Mike Smith)

-LaDaris Green is ranked 1st in the Atlantic Sun in rebounds and ranked 4th in the Atlantic Sun in blocks

-More property crime happens per capita in Johnson City so you better protect your valuables if you visit (when compared to Kennesaw -- according to the FBI)

Kennesaw State StatSmack

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. So give it a look and use it later when your buddy that went to a rival school tries to argue that their team is better.
03-16-2011 09:44 AM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Both smacks say that more property crime happens in the other city. Johnson City is a stink hole, so there is no way that more property crime occurs in Kennesaw.
03-16-2011 10:38 AM
OWLREF Offline
Water Engineer

I was just looking at the comparison for ETSU and why it is better then KSU and not only did it show that property crime is higher in both, but it also had our graduation rate at 14%. How accurate is this and how is this information retrieved? If that is the case that is abysmal, and I hate to poor salt in the wound but exactly why Tony would have needed to go.
03-16-2011 11:31 AM
owlupdate.com Offline
Water Engineer

(03-16-2011 10:38 AM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  Both smacks say that more property crime happens in the other city. Johnson City is a stink hole, so there is no way that more property crime occurs in Kennesaw.

Easily explainable! Per capita, there is more property crime in Johnson City. So your assessment of Johnson City may be right. 03-lmfao

''More property crime happens per capita in Johnson City so you better protect your valuables if you visit (when compared to Kennesaw -- according to the FBI)''

''More property crime happens in Kennesaw so you better protect your valuables if you visit (when compared to Johnson City -- according to the FBI)''
03-16-2011 11:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.