Our first football coach in 63 years - Brad Lambert
02-28-2011 10:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfaithfull Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Our first football coach in 63 years - Brad Lambert
Does anyone really know what kind of coach he is going to be?
05-17-2012 12:47 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

(05-17-2012 12:47 PM)Ninerfaithfull Wrote:  Does anyone really know what kind of coach he is going to be?

He will definitely be defensive minded, having been a D Coordinator. Most of his Defensive strategies at Wake revolved around speed over size. He relied more on zone defense in the secondary and linebacker driven pass rush schemes. We know we'll be employing a 3 -4 but with the move to FBS that may change. O Coordinator Mullins will have a free hand on offense. Unless we find a great running back look for a pass heavy offense coming out of the option formation.

As far as his coaching ability:

He comes highly recommened from two established FBS coaches he's worked for with a decent track record of success themselves (Donnan and Grobe).

If the number of his former players at his introduction press conference is any measure, he is very capable of establishing good relationships with those he mentors.

Almost all of his staff at Charlotte are former associates of his from other staffs, which indicates good relations with his fellow coaches.

He's very good at interacting with the fans and community, always a plus.

Bottom line, if his game day coaching is up to snuff then he will be a very good coach. At the end of the day the record on the field is mostly in the hands of the players, and I think Coach Lambert already has displayed the ability to provide the players with what they need to be successful.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2012 01:09 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
05-17-2012 01:01 PM
Advertisement

49ergreen.com Offline
Water Engineer

I for one am pretty optimistic about Lambert and what he can do with this group...then again we haven't played a game yet so time will tell.
05-17-2012 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dub591 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SEC, ACC
I truly hope he does well in bringing the 49ers on line - once they are truly in CUSA it will be a fun rivalry across NC. Next to put ApSt in the mix.
05-29-2012 10:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.