Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Earl Boykins Jersey to be raised Sunday
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Earl Boykins Jersey to be raised Sunday
The EMU website has some really good snippets of Boykins, Tolbert, Zajac, Wilson, Dial, etc. in action. 03-cloud9

And some shots of Bowen and yes, the arena in Toledo.

http://www.emueagles.com/
(This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 06:59 PM by emu steve.)
02-23-2011 06:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JohnnyMac Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Miami
RE: Earl Boykins Jersey to be raised Sunday
Will it go all the way up, or only half-mast?
02-23-2011 08:31 PM
Okie Chippewa Offline
All American

I Root For: The MAC
I'll never forget being at the RCA Dome watching Earl torture the Duke guards late in EMU's NCAA tourney win doing his best impersonation of Curly Neal.
02-23-2011 10:35 PM
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
(02-23-2011 10:35 PM)Okie Chippewa Wrote:  I'll never forget being at the RCA Dome watching Earl torture the Duke guards late in EMU's NCAA tourney win doing his best impersonation of Curly Neal.

What a great time it was to be an EMU fan!
02-24-2011 01:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
The most impressive thing I ever saw Boykins do was against Michigan State (who I believe actually won the game) and Mateen Cleaves.

Cleaves was at the top of the key dribbling and drove on Boykins, attempting to do a spin move in the process to make his way around the little man. Boykins was so quick and fast that, as Cleaves was spinning, Boykins actually ran a circle around Cleaves before he could complete the spin move, stealing the ball from Cleaves during the process. The announcer for the game were amazed and replayed it several times. I swear Boykins was moving so fast as he was swinging around Cleaves that he was almost parallel to the ground and his ankles were at near 90 degrees.

At least that is how I remember it...
02-24-2011 08:22 AM
Advertisement

Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
Earl is one of my all-time favorites. I never missed the EMU games in Kent. To watch this little man take over games has been amazing. He's still doing it in the NBA. I haven't seen another player like him in years.
02-26-2011 08:52 AM
owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
Tolbert was a heck of a player.
Oh yeah, and I liked Boykins.
02-26-2011 10:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
(02-24-2011 08:22 AM)IULurker Wrote:  Cleaves was at the top of the key dribbling and drove on Boykins, attempting to do a spin move in the process to make his way around the little man. Boykins was so quick and fast that, as Cleaves was spinning, Boykins actually ran a circle around Cleaves before he could complete the spin move, stealing the ball from Cleaves during the process. The announcer for the game were amazed and replayed it several times. I swear Boykins was moving so fast as he was swinging around Cleaves that he was almost parallel to the ground and his ankles were at near 90 degrees.

Why isn't that on YouTube?!?
02-26-2011 10:37 AM
broncojohnny Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
He was a kid you loved to hate. Great, great player. Lets hope like hell that they get more than the dismal crowds attending Eastern games to date.....
02-26-2011 10:43 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Are they using an actual game worn Boykins jersey or a full size replica?

I met Boykins after a Nuggets game once. Only NBA player I can think of that I could look in the eyes, downward. But a heck of a great player.
02-26-2011 10:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.