Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Anthony Muñoz foundation announces ‘Lineman of the Year’ winners
Anthony Muñoz foundation announces ‘Lineman of the Year’ winners
12:00 pm, Feb 18, 2011

Written by ndudukovich

Press Release:

CINCINNATI – The Anthony Muñoz Foundation has announced the winners of its Offensive and Defensive Linemen of the Year Awards. Matt Fox of Lakota West High School is the Defensive Lineman of the Year and Jack Woodall from St. Xavier High School is the Offensive Lineman of the Year.

[Image: jackwoodall.jpg]
File Photo
St. Xavier's Jack Woodall.

Muñoz will present the awards at the National Football Foundation’s Scholar-Athlete Banquet on Thursday, March 3rd at The Westin Cincinnati. The award ceremony will begin at 5:00pm with the dinner program starting at 7:00pm.

The awards recognize the top high school linemen in the Tri-State area for their athletic achievements. In keeping with the Foundation’s mission, the winners must also show a level of academic success and community involvement.

The Foundation also awards additional winners for individual divisions in Ohio and the Northern Kentucky and Southeastern Indiana regions. The division winners for the defensive linemen are: Tommy Schnee (Kings, Ohio DII), Tommy Campbell (Wyoming, Ohio DIII), Adolphus Washington (Taft, Ohio DIV), Nick Seither (Badin, Ohio DV), Jordan Gates (Lockland, Ohio DVI), Brady Collins (East Central, Southeastern Indiana), and Wesley Watkins (Franklin County, Northern Kentucky).

The division winners for the offensive linemen are: Kennedy Cook (Kings, Ohio DII), Jack Dooling (McNicholas, Ohio DIII), Austen Alber (Brookville, Ohio DIV), Dane Fajack (Summit Country Day, Ohio DV), James Tripp (Lockland, Ohio DVI), Sean Bogardus (East Central, Southeastern Indiana), and Nick Bennett (Eastern, Northern Kentucky).

Fox has three-year varsity letters in football and throughout his high school experience, he has earned two first-team All-G.M.C. selections, two varsity letters in basketball, and was a two-time All-County selection. In the classroom, Fox has a cumulative GPA of a 3.7. Outside of school, he is a youth volunteer for the New Life Chapel in West Chester and involved with J. Kyle Braid Leadership Group. He is also a coach and referee for Lakota’s March Madness basketball tournament and a camp counselor for Lakota West’s football and basketball summer camps. Fox will play football at Ball State University next fall.

Woodall was a three-year varsity starter on the Bomber offensive line and was selected as team captain his senior year. He is a two-time GCL First Team All-Star and a two-time Southwest Ohio Second-Team selection. He has been a thrower on St. Xavier’s track and field team since his freshman year. Woodall has earned a cumulative GPA of 4.0 and is a member of the National Honor Society. He was involved in the Big Brother/Little Buddy program last year and attended a 10-day mission trip to the Pilsen neighborhood in Chicago. This year, faculty selected him to be a freshman mentor for the St. Xavier Senior Bomber Pilot program. Woodall will play football for Princeton University next fall.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/presspreps/2...r-winners/

02-19-2011 05:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
RE: Anthony Muñoz foundation announces ‘Lineman of the Year’ winners
A little OT but I wonder if UC has ever reached out to Anthony Munoz? I don't know what the rules are, but I bet there's a decent chance he'd be willing to help out a little at an occasional practice or maybe a day or two at Higher Ground? He might even be up for mentoring some guys on the OL or maybe some with tough backgrounds.

I know you don't want to undercut your coaches, but I mean how many schools have a great civic and community leader who also happens to be the best OL of all time living in town? Talk about a role model. Especially considering how Mike Brown doesn't seem exactly interested in honoring past Bengals, I wonder if there aren't some players still in town who wouldn't be interested in giving back a little to the game they probably love?

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011 10:35 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
02-19-2011 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.