Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Battle of the Boulevard ROUND: 2
SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
Battle of the Boulevard ROUND: 2
I said it before the last game, and even though it was a massacre, I'll say it again: I always worry about playing Lipscomb. ESPECIALLY in that stupid arena packed with grades K-12 (and sometimes college students, with that fat kid in overalls who leads the cheers). I hope we're over the hangover of the past few weeks, because in this rivalry a team can show up and put up a W any given night.

I think if Saunders can keep Hodzic contained the way he did last time, we should be fine.

Looking forward to seeing Slater cry again.
01-24-2011 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Battle of the Boulevard ROUND: 2
(01-24-2011 07:32 PM)SNIURB06 Wrote:  I said it before the last game, and even though it was a massacre, I'll say it again: I always worry about playing Lipscomb. ESPECIALLY in that stupid arena packed with grades K-12 (and sometimes college students, with that fat kid in overalls who leads the cheers). I hope we're over the hangover of the past few weeks, because in this rivalry a team can show up and put up a W any given night.

I think if Saunders can keep Hodzic contained the way he did last time, we should be fine.

This one always worries me too. I'll be there, but it I suspect it will be a much closer game than the last one. Of course, we could win by 10 and it still be much closer than the last one.
01-25-2011 06:12 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Belmont by atleast 15.
01-25-2011 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
All great basketball teams (and I consider your team a great one this year), ebb and flow throughout the course of the season (Rick Byrd even said as much in a recent article). Belmont, it seems, has not yet "ebbed", and I suspect it will happen very soon, perhaps tonight. For this reason, and because it's a home game for David Lipscomb, I predict they'll pull it out.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if you win tonight. I think one of the reasons you've been so consistent this season is because of your depth: You don't depend on 1-3 guys having great nights. If Clark is off, for example, you have several other guys who can step up.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 09:22 AM by Bucfaithful.)
01-25-2011 09:06 AM
Northside Bruin Offline
2nd String

(01-24-2011 07:32 PM)SNIURB06 Wrote:  I said it before the last game, and even though it was a massacre, I'll say it again: I always worry about playing Lipscomb. ESPECIALLY in that stupid arena packed with grades K-12 (and sometimes college students, with that fat kid in overalls who leads the cheers). I hope we're over the hangover of the past few weeks, because in this rivalry a team can show up and put up a W any given night.

I too am nervous. Seems like we are set up for a fall. Coming off an emotional win at ETSU (easily the biggest game of the year so far). Playing our rivals, who we really, really drilled last time. They'll be motivated, especially when we were still pressing them late in the game. We are getting more local pub than them, as meagar as it may be. We are undefeated with a couple little top 25 votes. Going to their place. We controlled Hodzic. He'll be playing for pride. Is there any more of a trap than this one? DLU always turns it up notch for us, seemingly a notch higher than we do. This will be a really tough one.
01-25-2011 09:36 AM
bruinator06 Offline
Water Engineer

We have greater upside potential. While we may all be a little bit shaky on this one... we still have the propensity to win by 30. Bruins to cover.
01-25-2011 10:18 AM
Advertisement

SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

So is everyone going to Las Palmas before? Tradition.
01-25-2011 12:09 PM
hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

I worry about this game as well. Do I think we are a better team than Lipscomb, absolutely. However, I think Lipscomb will play above their potential tonight. Motivation for Lipscomb: blowing our chances of being ranked, blowing our chances of being placed as a higher seed in the tourney, a little sweet revenge for the beating they received two weeks prior. I could be dead off, I hope I am.

Keys to the game. Obviously stop Hodzic, Slater etc. But really I think it is tiring them out on the defensive front and executing with our depth from the bench. We need big games from Hedgepeth and Saunders tonight. I am sure it will be a packed house, with the entire Lipscomb school system there (K-College).
01-25-2011 12:12 PM
SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-25-2011 12:12 PM)hoosbruin Wrote:  I am sure it will be a packed house, with the entire Lipscomb school system there (K-College).

How can anyone justify going to college at a facility that also houses kindergarden. Better yet, how can anyone justify attending college at the same place they attended kindergarden.

Blows my mind. Let's go Belmont!
01-25-2011 12:21 PM
SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I think instead of "mama's boy" we should chant "crybaby" at Slater.

Thoughts?
01-25-2011 01:09 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I heard they are passing out cowbells before the game to the fans. I didn't think noisemakers were allowed.
01-25-2011 02:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-25-2011 02:52 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I heard they are passing out cowbells before the game to the fans. I didn't think noisemakers were allowed.

They're not, we got in big trouble for that before.
01-25-2011 03:03 PM
SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

I hate Lipscomb more than anything in this world. I hate losing to Lipscomb more than I hate Lipscomb.

I might kill everyone tonight.
01-25-2011 10:29 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
You are 18-4. No need for suicide watch.

Did Slater talk smack?
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 10:34 PM by ETSUfan1.)
01-25-2011 10:34 PM
SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-25-2011 10:34 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  You are 18-4. No need for suicide watch.

Did Slater talk smack?

Well of course I'm not going to kill myself, that would just be silly.

Honestly, their team and crowd were dead silent until the very end of the first half, until they had a run and brought our lead down to 9. In the second half, a combination Belmont's of poor shooting, bad rolls and tough calls got Lipscomb on a run that they never came down from. We kept it close the whole game, they just had more momentum in the end. They talked some smack and got their crowd pretty hype in the end.

I think the only reason Lipscomb can compete with us is because it's a rivalry game. We are much better than they are, and there's no way the team I saw tonight could beat us on any court besides that dimly lit gym with all the kindergarden kids there. Their fans rushed the court after a regular season A-Sun victory. As the phrase goes, "act like you've been there before."

Belmont needs to just blow teams out of the water from here on out, and then win the A-Sun tournament.

Now I will go puke.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2011 10:46 PM by SNIURB06.)
01-25-2011 10:45 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
They rushed the floor? LOL, that tells you all you need to know about David L U.
01-25-2011 10:48 PM
Advertisement

BluBare Offline
2nd String

(01-25-2011 10:29 PM)SNIURB06 Wrote:  I hate Lipscomb more than anything in this world. I hate losing to Lipscomb more than I hate Lipscomb.

I might kill everyone tonight.

The last line is a bit excessive don't ya think? I'd rather lose to anyone but them, that was miserable, but in the big picture not the end of the world. We need some games that are tough like this to prepare for the tourny (Asun). This is what happens when you let you foot off the gas and then they actually play to their potential. We still could have won the game if we had kept our composure a bit better.

Clark had a number of open looks , just didn't go in. They did play tough man d but I still can't figure out why Hedgepeth and Saunders couldn't do more in the post. hodzic's not a shot blocker, just go up over him, they were flailing all over the place. Campbell couldn't throw it in the ocean either till the very end. It seems like we should have run a few more plays for Hanlen earlier in the game but who knows. jenkins had some nice moments as well.

Brown stepped up for them big time and hodzic made some very nice moves down low.

It'd still be nice to win the regular season and hopefully this will keep us focused.

I suppose it goes with out saying, so I will anyway, there goes our precious votes. 03-wink
01-25-2011 10:48 PM
BluBare Offline
2nd String

(01-25-2011 10:48 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  They rushed the floor? LOL, that tells you all you need to know about David L U.

Indeed they did, I laughed as well.

SNIURB06 was the crowd really full? It appeared on tv like there were some large sections of empty seats. Hard to tell with their lighting.
01-25-2011 10:52 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
You would rush the court too if you realized that this was as good as it is ever going to get for your team.

Next year, they'll be this year's Kennesaw State.
01-25-2011 10:56 PM
SNIURB06 Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-25-2011 10:52 PM)BluBare Wrote:  
(01-25-2011 10:48 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  They rushed the floor? LOL, that tells you all you need to know about David L U.

Indeed they did, I laughed as well.

SNIURB06 was the crowd really full? It appeared on tv like there were some large sections of empty seats. Hard to tell with their lighting.

The student section was, but it always is for the game against us. They get all of their kids, grads K-college to show up. Other than that, there were definitely some open spots. I've heard that this is the only game they actually bring a crowd to.
01-25-2011 10:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.