Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC @ St. John's
Bookmark and Share
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
UC @ St. John's
Must win fulfilled. I can breathe now.

Both teams played like crap much of the game.

01-22-2011 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

socTHEgreat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Accountability
RE: UC @ St. John's
Imagine that, good things happen when Yancy goes up strong. Big Win.

01-22-2011 06:07 PM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
They finally win one of these type of games!

Gates, please, do that every time you are on the block! You will get the foul call.

01-22-2011 06:08 PM
god shammgod Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UC
even though they won, this team still sucks

why do they insist on jacking up 3s when they cant shoot? did gates really attempt 2? 5-22, and cash had 2 of those late in the 2nd half

i didnt get the game but how did st johns have 33 free throws to only 7 for UC?

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 06:09 PM by god shammgod.)
01-22-2011 06:08 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
For those that continue to want SK to start, how many times did he get beat off the dribble for easy baskets or passes that set up easy baskets?

Pretty surprising that McClain didn't get minutes in the second half after being a big reason they were ahead, along with Jackson.

01-22-2011 06:09 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Kilpatrick has a bad defensive game, and not much better on offense. He still looked as good or better than Dixon, Bishop, Thomas and Wright, which isn't saying much.

Without Biggie and Jackson, this game would have been over by halftime. Great effort by those two.

01-22-2011 06:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bearcats5 Offline
2nd String

(01-22-2011 06:08 PM)god shammgod Wrote:  did gates really attempt 2?

He shot one as the shot clock was expiring. That was the only one he shot, and he was forced into it.

01-22-2011 06:13 PM
AZBCAT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
I think Jackson earned a start next game with his play tonight. He still makes freshman mistakes, but he is becoming a valuable asset on both ends.

I just wish Mick would force Yancy to play inside the entire game. Not once today did he receive the ball within 10 feet of the basket. And that's mainly because he's running around 25 feet from the basket setting ineffective screens. Let JJ or Wilks set screens up top and have Gates switching between the blocks.

01-22-2011 06:13 PM
eroc Online
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
Doth mine eyes deceive me? Praise for Anthony Biggie McClain?...

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 06:14 PM by eroc.)
01-22-2011 06:14 PM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

Great day for the quality win category.

-Road win at RPI #15 SJU
-#27 XU beat Temple

Once the rankings are updated that will give us two wins against the RPI top 25! 02-13-banana

01-22-2011 06:15 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2011 06:05 PM)Coopdaddy67 Wrote:  Must win fulfilled. I can breathe now.

Both teams played like crap much of the game.

was this scary or what? wow, it's about time we caught a break. Glad SJ flopped at the foul line. Nice to see another team mess up once in a while.

01-22-2011 06:16 PM
Advertisement

BearcatShane09 Offline
1st String

I'm glad the board was down for this game because there would have been endless bitching, and for good reason at times. But they did win on the road vs a top 20 RPI team so that is a great thing. 17-3 and 4-3 in the league with Rutgers and WVU on our floor next week? I think thats more than acceptable thus far. Go Cats.

01-22-2011 06:17 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
Huge win. The half court offense is still brutal but they really needed that. Defense did their job. I don't understand why we do not use Gates more effectively. The guy should be an absolute force around the basket.

Huge game from Justin Jackson who has earned a lot of minutes in my book. I'll take him on the floor over Thomas until Thomas shows me something.

01-22-2011 06:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2011 06:08 PM)god shammgod Wrote:  even though they won, this team still sucks

why do they insist on jacking up 3s when they cant shoot? did gates really attempt 2? 5-22, and cash had 2 of those late in the 2nd half

i didnt get the game but how did st johns have 33 free throws to only 7 for UC?

That was Ibrahaim Thomas that shot the 3's....or at least one early in the game when he lucked out and sunk it. He was 3 -22 after that. I dont recall gates shooting a 3 pointer but he made a traditional one in the last few seconds. Think Thomas can learn from that? i doubt it.
Wilks didnt score and made some dumb fouls but at least he was a threat out there compared to Thomas. I'm glad Mick sat Thomas down but McClain deserved more PT in this game. Thanks, Biggie...you helped pull this victory out, big guy!

01-22-2011 06:19 PM
BigDawg Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(01-22-2011 06:08 PM)god shammgod Wrote:  i didnt get the game but how did st johns have 33 free throws to only 7 for UC?
Typical home cooking. SJU was more aggressive and the officiating did a lot of inconsistent let them play, then call a touch foul. Unfortunately we got a lot of cheapies on us. Luckily they did not shoot well today. A win on the road is a win, plus it was a top 15 rpI win. I'll take it.

McClain played well, but he mainly got PT because Gates was saddled with 2 fouls after 4 minutes. Against SJU, you really can't play 2 big guys as they really don't have a true center. Either Gates or Biggie, but Biggie did come up huge and earned more PT down the line.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2011 06:22 PM by BigDawg.)
01-22-2011 06:20 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2011 06:19 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Huge win. The half court offense is still brutal but they really needed that. Defense did their job. I don't understand why we do not use Gates more effectively. The guy should be an absolute force around the basket.

Huge game from Justin Jackson who has earned a lot of minutes in my book. I'll take him on the floor over Thomas until Thomas shows me something.

I think Jackson had a very strong game overall. Maybe earn a starting job over Thomas....but he might be more valuable to be first big man off the bench if needed. We'll see as the season winds down.

Advertisement

Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

(01-22-2011 06:14 PM)eroc Wrote:  Doth mine eyes deceive me? Praise for Anthony Biggie McClain?...

Biggie looked great when he was in there. Made a tough shot down low, hit a 15-footer to beat the shot clock, and he played big. He grabbed a couple of tough rebounds that made me look twice. Great effort. Good for him.

cincy11 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Sun
How about BIGGIE? Plays the best half of his career but doesn't sniff the floor in the 2nd half? Big win though! Biggest of the season so far...

01-22-2011 06:22 PM
bearcat54 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2011 06:20 PM)BigDawg Wrote:  
(01-22-2011 06:08 PM)god shammgod Wrote:  i didnt get the game but how did st johns have 33 free throws to only 7 for UC?
Typical home cooking. SJU was more aggressive and the officiating did a lot of inconsistent let them play, then call a touch foul. Unfortunately we got a lot of cheapies on us. Luckily they did not shoot well today. A win on the road is a win, plus it was a top 15 rpI win. I'll take it.

can you believe how SAINT JOHNS' guards just hung on ours and nothing called the whole game? home cooking was sure going on out there and we were lucky to pull this one out despite the homer refs.

01-22-2011 06:22 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

Donators
Big win for the Cats. Now take care of business vs. Rutgers and WVU

01-22-2011 06:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.