Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU Stupidity
Bookmark and Share
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
ETSU Stupidity
Mike Ayers...ETSU let him get away. I go to the Wofford website and read all of this stuff....

In his final season at ETSU, the Buccaneers were nationally ranked during the early stages of the year and posted impressive victories over North Carolina State, Chattanooga, and William & Mary.

He takes his skills to his Alma mater. Look at what happened.... Ayers’ impact on the Terriers was immediate. He transformed that 1-10 Wofford team into a .500 squad in 1988 and then led the Terriers to an NCAA Division II playoff berth in 1990.

He has recruited the type of student-athletes that fit the academic profile of Wofford (the college has an average SAT score of 1237).

Now, over 20 years later, Ayers is the head coach of a Terrier team that, over the last seven years, has been the epitome of success within the Southern Conference. Since the start of the 2002 season, Wofford has posted a 63-31 overall record, a winning percentage of .670 that only three-time national champion Appalachian State has bettered.

In summary...ETSU stupidity. Of course the bottom line to athletic success is bottoms in the seats. Their attendance has topped 12K several times. I don't know how close their budget is to being balanced... I do know this...our old rival Chattanooga just signed to open their football season at Nebraska. The Mocs will bring home just under a half a million. Looks like they are on their way to another balanced budget in Chattanooga.

ETSU stupidity when it comes to athletics can be spotted easily. I just wish something could be done about it so those who love the school can have something to celebrate athletically...you know, like they do at Wofford where their coach has been bringing success for over twenty years... twenty years since ETSU basically gave him the boot. ETSU stupidity...as Sarah Pallin would say...you betcha.
12-17-2010 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

straightfromthehorsesmouth Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the underdog
RE: ETSU Stupidity
(12-17-2010 08:03 PM)Mister Jennings Wrote:  Mike Ayers...ETSU let him get away. I go to the Wofford website and read all of this stuff....

In his final season at ETSU, the Buccaneers were nationally ranked during the early stages of the year and posted impressive victories over North Carolina State, Chattanooga, and William & Mary.

He takes his skills to his Alma mater. Look at what happened.... Ayers’ impact on the Terriers was immediate. He transformed that 1-10 Wofford team into a .500 squad in 1988 and then led the Terriers to an NCAA Division II playoff berth in 1990.

He has recruited the type of student-athletes that fit the academic profile of Wofford (the college has an average SAT score of 1237).

Now, over 20 years later, Ayers is the head coach of a Terrier team that, over the last seven years, has been the epitome of success within the Southern Conference. Since the start of the 2002 season, Wofford has posted a 63-31 overall record, a winning percentage of .670 that only three-time national champion Appalachian State has bettered.

In summary...ETSU stupidity. Of course the bottom line to athletic success is bottoms in the seats. Their attendance has topped 12K several times. I don't know how close their budget is to being balanced... I do know this...our old rival Chattanooga just signed to open their football season at Nebraska. The Mocs will bring home just under a half a million. Looks like they are on their way to another balanced budget in Chattanooga.

ETSU stupidity when it comes to athletics can be spotted easily. I just wish something could be done about it so those who love the school can have something to celebrate athletically...you know, like they do at Wofford where their coach has been bringing success for over twenty years... twenty years since ETSU basically gave him the boot. ETSU stupidity...as Sarah Pallin would say...you betcha.

You were doing real good until you paraphrased Sarah. lol...
12-18-2010 07:43 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: ETSU Stupidity
You were doing real good until you paraphrased Sarah. lol..

I did it for effect... Everyone has an opinion on Sarah even the momma grizzlies from Montana. I saw them play for the national championship in Chattanooga back when Chattanooga had the championship game.
12-18-2010 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.