Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Info from this week
Joe Rod Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UCF
Info from this week
I figured I would add in some info that I read this week and hope that perhaps some of the other folks can post anything that they've read from their local reporters. I'm not too skilled with where to find the local reporters' chats for UH and ECU, so if they could add any additional info from their end that would be awesome as well.

ESPN's Big East Reporter Brian Bennett's blurbs from 12/15 Chat:
Frank (Williamstown, WV)
Any other news about further Big East expansion? After the TCU announcement, news has tapered off for the most part.

Brian Bennett
Well, the Big East wanted to move quickly on TCU, and now it is waiting on Villanova. But the league isn't going to wait a whole lot longer and may end up moving on to Central Florida.

mike leonard (harrisburg, pa)
I've heard villanova and central florida, but can anybody tell me if memphis is a possibility if villanova doesn't happen? would seem to be a great fit for basketball and their football program has been a winner in the past.

Brian Bennett
The very distant past. Memphis is not being considered.

BB Chat Link

Orlando Sentinel UCF Reporter Iliana Limon blurb from 12/16 chat:

Summer 2012, will we be looking forward to a conference game at or vs USF? or ECU USM home hames?

Iliana
Tough question. The Big East is just so hard to predict. There's a lot of support and a lot of good feelings about UCF joining the league right now, but as I said, it is not a done deal. I think UCF will eventually join the Big East, but I couldn't and wouldn't bet on it right now. Just don't know enough about whether the Big East will finally feel there is enough incentive to make the move.

Big East Mole
Previously, yuo seemed only 50% chance that UCF will be invited to the Big East. Your recent comments seem to be more specified with a January/February timeframe. Have you receive new information in the past month or so that would increase your chances of a Big East invite for UCF?

Iliana
I think UCF is a strong candidate to potentially join the Big East. I have been told that UCF has a lot of support from current members of the Big East. I was told the earliest any movement would happen would be January or February. However, I would not characterize this as a done deal. The Big East knows that UCF would accept an invitation in all sports at any time, so it's really question of what would make the Big East act. It seems like this will happen, but it's not a slam dunk.

Iliana Chat Link
12-17-2010 12:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

RE: Info from this week
Good thread =). How about everyone just posts whatever they heard, and everyone keeps their personally feeling about each team to themselves :D
12-17-2010 01:31 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

Saw this post from an Oklahoma guy regarding KU, KSU...etc. It isn't much...but it's the only thing I've seen around so far...

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/showms...44&style=2
12-17-2010 01:40 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

Neither ECU, Houston or USF fans will like this thread, Sax. Maybe USF will like my post above.
12-17-2010 01:41 PM
Joe Rod Offline
2nd String

(12-17-2010 01:41 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  Neither ECU, Houston or USF fans will like this thread, Sax. Maybe USF will like my post above.

Honestly, it is my hope that ECU, UH and the Big East folks will add anything that they have found from their teams' reporters recently that may not have otherwise been discussed. I like getting to read and discuss the info, not a huge fan of the bickering, though. I did try to get info from some other sources, but honestly, I'm not as familiar with where to look as I am with my own school.
12-17-2010 02:13 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I honestly think Houston is a serious candidate. Houston along with UCF in 2012 and Nova as #12 in 2015 is what we are hearing. If Nova is not #12 (decides not to go)...then #12 if up for grabs.
12-17-2010 09:15 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(12-17-2010 01:41 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  Neither ECU, Houston or USF fans will like this thread, Sax. Maybe USF will like my post above.

These are the people who said that TCU was a long shot at best when it came to joining the Big East. I would tread very likely before bragging about a Big East invite if I were UCF fans. Sometimes seeing isn't always believing.
12-18-2010 08:32 AM
3rdandBlunder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
(12-17-2010 01:40 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  Saw this post from an Oklahoma guy regarding KU, KSU...etc. It isn't much...but it's the only thing I've seen around so far...

They're pretty much saying the same "everybody wins" scenario I've been trying to paint...
12-18-2010 08:58 AM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators
(12-18-2010 08:58 AM)3rdandBlunder Wrote:  
(12-17-2010 01:40 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  Saw this post from an Oklahoma guy regarding KU, KSU...etc. It isn't much...but it's the only thing I've seen around so far...

They're pretty much saying the same "everybody wins" scenario I've been trying to paint...

Not quite true. What it appears to me that some are saying in this thread is that the Big East should stop now and then IF the Big IIX crumbles pick up Kansas, K-State and Mizzou. Which is entirely different than the Big East actively pursuing those schools now to leave the Big IIX - which is what you not only advocate but believe is happening now.

It's this last part about "actively pursuing" that I disagree with you on. Not the merits of your end-game scenario.

Cheers,
Neil
12-18-2010 10:35 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
I have to think it will play out like this:
-Between now and March = Nova decision
-Between March and June (if Nova says no) = Wait on a Big 12 implosion of some kind to grab KU/KState/MU
(if Nova says yes) = If Big 12 implodes we still go after KU and ?, if not we are done for a bit
(if Nova says yes and no Big 12 implosion) = pick from 1 or 3 of Houston/ECU/UCF depends on # of teams presidents decide on at March or May Big East meetings.
12-18-2010 11:37 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

(12-18-2010 08:32 AM)CatsClaw Wrote:  

These are the people who said that TCU was a long shot at best when it came to joining the Big East. I would tread very likely before bragging about a Big East invite if I were UCF fans. Sometimes seeing isn't always believing.

A) Don't recall many "bragging" about an invite that is guaranteed.

B) And if a few did, I don't think threatening them will do any good nor have any consequences on any future Big East Expansion Decisions...unless of course if you in a very small minority that actually think words posted on this board somehow influences future Big East/TV contracts and memberships.
12-18-2010 11:55 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The only bragging about invites I can recall came from Memphis fans, and we all know how well that worked out... 07-coffee3
12-18-2010 12:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(12-18-2010 11:55 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  And if a few did, I don't think threatening them will do any good nor have any consequences on any future Big East Expansion Decisions...

I didn't see Cat's Claw as "threatening", as much as "advising". Maybe I misinterpreted, but, IMO, looks like he's just pointing out that UCF shouldn't get its hopes up.
12-18-2010 12:21 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2010 10:35 AM)omnicarrier Wrote:  
(12-18-2010 08:58 AM)3rdandBlunder Wrote:  

Not quite true. What it appears to me that some are saying in this thread is that the Big East should stop now and then IF the Big IIX crumbles pick up Kansas, K-State and Mizzou. Which is entirely different than the Big East actively pursuing those schools now to leave the Big IIX - which is what you not only advocate but believe is happening now.

It's this last part about "actively pursuing" that I disagree with you on. Not the merits of your end-game scenario.

Cheers,
Neil

Exactly. It's like the TCU situation. We didn't call TCU they called us. But once they called us we would have been stupid to turn them down since we consider them an unofficial BCS program. Same goes for the Big 12 schools who might be reaching out to us. Doesn't mean they're ready to jump, and it definitely doesn't mean we're pursuing them.
12-18-2010 01:13 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

A) Don't recall many "bragging" about an invite that is guaranteed.

We just discussed a thread that talked about replacing UCF in C-USA and a full conversation going on (with 99% of the posts being non-Big East fans). That's pretty damn bold.

B) And if a few did, I don't think threatening them will do any good nor have any consequences on any future Big East Expansion Decisions...unless of course if you in a very small minority that actually think words posted on this board somehow influences future Big East/TV contracts and memberships.

When did I threaten them? And how could I threaten them, I'm a message board poster. It's ironic that you make that post because you apparently think that posting on a message board influences anything because you're clearly paranoid. I did tell them that seeing isn't always believing. I can't tell you how many people in the media were wrong when it came to the Big East adding Cincinnati and TCU.
12-18-2010 01:17 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2010 12:21 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  
(12-18-2010 11:55 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  And if a few did, I don't think threatening them will do any good nor have any consequences on any future Big East Expansion Decisions...

I didn't see Cat's Claw as "threatening", as much as "advising". Maybe I misinterpreted, but, IMO, looks like he's just pointing out that UCF shouldn't get its hopes up.

Thank you BJunk. I wouldn't mind having UCF at all, I like their program and what they're doing. They're dedicated to being the best. But I have seen to many programs get their hopes up and expect an invite. Some of those fans of other programs started trash talking. I don't know, maybe I'm superstitious from my sports days, but I always considered that stuff bad karma. And there are so many things at work here that things can change at a the drop of a hat. For example, our expansion plan now, and our expansion plan back in June and July are completely different. Completely.
12-18-2010 01:19 PM
Advertisement

Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I know for a fact that many UCF aren't sure of anything. Most fans do feel that the chances of an invite seem more fair this time around than what we've heard prior times and in the past....but many are also very skeptical due to the very fact that anything can happen...as we all have seen before. But there's not anyone bragging about anything. There's nothing to brag about.
12-18-2010 02:35 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

All I'm saying is that the last thing UCF fans should be doing is telling USF fans to be quiet and accept it and they shouldn't like this talk that has UCF coming. NOTHING is set in stone. Nothing. And riling up the natives isn't going to help simply because it's going to cause hostility on the boards and could be embarassing if UCF doesn't get invited. Of course the best way to solve this is to invite both schools. The Big 12 is probably solidified (at least Beebe better hope they are) so lets take care of our own house.
12-18-2010 03:48 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-18-2010 08:32 AM)CatsClaw Wrote:  

I for one don't think we are a lock. odds 50-50.

As for the B12, I don't think there is much chance of an implode over there.
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 04:33 PM by goodknightfl.)
12-18-2010 04:29 PM
saxamoophone Offline
Special Teams

(12-18-2010 04:29 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  I for one don't think we are a lock. odds 50-50.

As for the B12, I don't think there is much chance of an implode over there.

That's how I feel too.
12-18-2010 04:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.