O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
Apparently Don listens to Lance McAlister
From Lance's blog:

UC basketball is 7-0
Bob Huggins left UC 1,934 days ago

From listener Don:

"I am one of those old UC fans that is not ashamed, afraid, or embarrassed to say that I AM rooting for the failure of the basketball team.
I do not want to rehash everything from the past, because it should be about going forward. I would LOVE to be part of the rooters, but can not due to my passion. The same passion that I had to live and die with the Bearcats in the past, has turned to hoping disaster upon them during the season with unexplainable losses and the appearance of being over matched on the court and especially on the sidelines.
This is because without concern for me living and dying, hoping and crying over this team, the Board of Trustees slit it's throat. Plain and simple execution. Two years of no viable recruiting just to get the guy they despised out. And then if that's not bad enough, they hire a guy simply because he left the program and had the appearance of a back stabber to the old coach.
That's why, until the back stabber leaves, I won't come back. That's why I root against them. I'm sure that Gates, Dixon, and the rest of those young men are good people. Nothing personal, except that they where that uniform. As far as I'm concerned, a uniform that is tarnished as long as the back stabber is there.
So, I admit it. I root against them. I hope they miss out on NCAA tournament and that the back stabber is asked to leave. Then, I believe, people will come back. In droves.
I hope you don't dismiss this and can appreciate my passion. For the team that had actually reduced me to tears in March, almost every season, I now have to root against. The world is still upside down in Cincinnati as far as basketball is concerned. One more failed season may actually be what is needed to get it back. Not looking good though at this point though I must admit."

12-13-2010 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Apparently Don listens to Lance McAlister
Mick, why don't you throw that on the main board? I'd be interested to see how many of those guys justify that opinion.

edit - I'll do it.

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2010 10:48 AM by Ring of Black.)
12-14-2010 10:48 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
I figured it would just start a war... but have at it. :)

12-14-2010 10:55 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I will accept full responsibility. I'm just in the mood to expose some people.

12-14-2010 11:14 AM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

(12-14-2010 10:48 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  I'd be interested to see how many of those guys justify that opinion.

I'm delighted to see no one's done so. Don had a few worshippers on here.

12-14-2010 11:46 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
That has to be a plant.

Not even the Donger would be idiot enough to commit that dreck to written form.

12-14-2010 12:55 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
I posted these thoughts over at BCL.

From what I could gather from Don, he does have a man sized crush on Huggins, and he did post that he will never root for Mick, and considers Mick a traitor for moving to Rick & UL.

However, I can't imagine Don posting in such a visceral manner as the poster on Lance's site.

Seems to me, as much as anythibng, Don was interested in how many views and how many posts his threads received.

Me? I think the poster is an XU fan.

12-14-2010 01:16 PM
Advertisement

HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Donators
I wouldn't put it past Lance to have made it up to stir the pot and generate traffic

12-14-2010 01:40 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
(12-14-2010 01:40 PM)HoopsJunky Wrote:  I wouldn't put it past Lance to have made it up to stir the pot and generate traffic

12-15-2010 08:52 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(12-15-2010 08:52 AM)Crewdogz Wrote:  
(12-14-2010 01:40 PM)HoopsJunky Wrote:  I wouldn't put it past Lance to have made it up to stir the pot and generate traffic

First thing I thought of when Lance posted it. The guy goes out of his way to start controversy and attack UC fans... I could very well see him making something like that up to achieve both of those ends.

Even if one ridiculous person sent that ridiculous email... it's beyond irresponsible for him to post it. Just bugs me to death. The major reason I prefer Mo is that he does not seem to go out of his way to be controversial and adversarial... Nor does he spend so much time trying to make people who disagree with him seem stupid.

12-15-2010 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gruehls Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: the good guys

DonatorsHall of Fame
(12-15-2010 10:30 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

First thing I thought of when Lance posted it. The guy goes out of his way to start controversy and attack UC fans... I could very well see him making something like that up to achieve both of those ends.

Even if one ridiculous person sent that ridiculous email... it's beyond irresponsible for him to post it. Just bugs me to death. The major reason I prefer Mo is that he does not seem to go out of his way to be controversial and adversarial... Nor does he spend so much time trying to make people who disagree with him seem stupid.

this whole "lance is an undercover agent for the musketeer's" blows me away.

if all he does is talk and post crap pi$sing you off, and yet you continue to listen and read and scream, with all imaginable intensity, while you find insult real and imagined, turn the guy off. or go to the psych couch.

hey, a snippet of reality: XU is a better program than UC, and they were the last years when huggins was here. oh, and when andy "i'll sue that cab driver for defamation" kennedy came back to visit, it should have been clear that ANOTHER coach with horrible judgment was not what was needed. lance ain't the only horse at the trough recognizing reality.

i swear, for some of the posters here, he's a simultaneous straw man, and tetherball; a villain who manufactures a fraud waiting to be knocked down and around.

well, item 1, from the posts i've read here, and the history read elsewhere, he's correct. item 2, the fact that you wish it weren't so doesn't make it not so. and item 3, you guys are pi$sed because he's kickin the cat. read this friggin board and tell me how many other posters here are kickin the same cat.

i'll now return to watching the game.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2010 09:25 PM by gruehls.)
12-18-2010 09:20 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(12-18-2010 09:20 PM)gruehls Wrote:  
(12-15-2010 10:30 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

this whole "lance is an undercover agent for the musketeer's" blows me away.

if all he does is talk and post crap pi$sing you off, and yet you continue to listen and read and scream, with all imaginable intensity, while you find insult real and imagined, turn the guy off. or go to the psych couch.

hey, a snippet of reality: XU is a better program than UC, and they were the last years when huggins was here. oh, and when andy "i'll sue that cab driver for defamation" kennedy came back to visit, it should have been clear that ANOTHER coach with horrible judgment was not what was needed. lance ain't the only horse at the trough recognizing reality.

i swear, for some of the posters here, he's a simultaneous straw man, and tetherball; a villain who manufactures a fraud waiting to be knocked down and around.

well, item 1, from the posts i've read here, and the history read elsewhere, he's correct. item 2, the fact that you wish it weren't so doesn't make it not so. and item 3, you guys are pi$sed because he's kickin the cat. read this friggin board and tell me how many other posters here are kickin the same cat.

i'll now return to watching the game.

Um ok I am lost. Who said anything at all about Xavier?

I would first of all like to take issue with the statement that XU was a better program than UC in Huggins last years...flat out false. Xavier made 1 run deeper in the tournament than UC...so they had that going for them. And they beat UC a couple of times... But UC spent far more time in the top 25, won more games and more games against tougher opponents, had better NCAA tournament seeds and competed in a better conference. XU was in no way a better program that UC at any point when Huggins was the coach.

Since he was dismissed I would agree Xavier has been the better program.. but its not exactly relevant to Lance McCallister being a tool who loves to start controversy and attack UC fans.

Lance takes the most extreme position, of the most ignorant people and uses it to lump anyone who disagrees with him with that person. It has always been his tactic...its always been how he generates controversy on his radio show. I don't read anyone on this board who sounds remotely like the idiotic letter he posted on his blog...not a one.

Lance is a mixed bag for me. Seems like a good enough dude, and in general puts good stuff on his blog... But he is insufferable in the way he tries to make other opinions seem idiotic...it comes out some on his blog and on twitter (see constant comments on reds fans who complain about Cordero), but at least there the other content makes up for. I cannot listen to his radio show because it really comes out to an obnoxious degree there.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010 01:23 AM by bearcatmark.)
12-19-2010 01:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gruehls Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsHall of Fame
(12-19-2010 01:20 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Um ok I am lost.

obviously.

Quote:Who said anything at all about Xavier?

check the spin off thread, sprung from this thread, on the main board. look for lance in a mooskie outfit.

i guess to be fair, i should have included that he is accused of being a homer for UK and OSU as well.

Quote:I would first of all like to take issue with the statement that XU was a better program than UC in Huggins last years...flat out false. Xavier made 1 run deeper in the tournament than UC...so they had that going for them. And they beat UC a couple of times... But UC spent far more time in the top 25, won more games and more games against tougher opponents, had better NCAA tournament seeds and competed in a better conference. XU was in no way a better program that UC at any point when Huggins was the coach.

how about the tried and true method of head to head records?

Quote:Since he was dismissed I would agree Xavier has been the better program.. but its not exactly relevant to Lance McCallister being a tool who loves to start controversy and attack UC fans.

Lance takes the most extreme position, of the most ignorant people and uses it to lump anyone who disagrees with him with that person. It has always been his tactic...its always been how he generates controversy on his radio show. I don't read anyone on this board who sounds remotely like the idiotic letter he posted on his blog...not a one.

Lance is a mixed bag for me. Seems like a good enough dude, and in general puts good stuff on his blog... But he is insufferable in the way he tries to make other opinions seem idiotic...it comes out some on his blog and on twitter (see constant comments on reds fans who complain about Cordero), but at least there the other content makes up for. I cannot listen to his radio show because it really comes out to an obnoxious degree there.

if you don't listen to his show, and he's a mixed bag for you, how did you form an opinion? how do you justify a claim that he is insufferable? did you have him over for dinner at your grandma's? you don't listen to him but you opine that:
Quote:Lance takes the most extreme position, of the most ignorant people and uses it to lump anyone who disagrees with him with that person. It has always been his tactic...its always been how he generates controversy on his radio show.

you should have just stopped at
Quote:Um ok I am lost.

12-19-2010 04:20 PM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
The picture of Lance in a Xavier outfit is from a few years back. It is still hosted on Catmandu's webpage, I believe.

12-22-2010 01:41 PM
gruehls Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsHall of Fame
most every thread i recall on the "lance" subject accuses him of being 1) an xu homer; 2) osu homer; 3) uk homer; 4) anything but being a uc fan.

for fun, check the redsquawks board where they accuse him of being a hopeless uc homer.

12-22-2010 05:20 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
(12-22-2010 05:20 PM)gruehls Wrote:  most every thread i recall on the "lance" subject accuses him of being 1) an xu homer; 2) osu homer; 3) uk homer; 4) anything but being a uc fan.

for fun, check the redsquawks board where they accuse him of being a hopeless uc homer.

I think Lance is like a politician that tries to play to every constituency. He "grew up rooting for the Bearcats" and is a "Cincinnati guy". But he went to Butler University and "Thad Matta is his guy" because he came from Butler... "Thad is my guy" worked when Thad was at X and now at tO$U.

Lance is a Bearcat guy that has attended few games and when he does he crows loudly about it (while admitting he usually leaves at halftime because the games go late and he has to get his children home). Prior to BK he would argue with callers who challenged him on not covering the Bearcats Football Program with the statement that it is not the media's (or his job) to cover the Bearcats. Wouldn't a "Bearcat Guy" have something to say about it?

Mo Egger went to UD but seldom talks about their sports programs that I've heard. He talked about UC all the time prior to the team becoming popular during the BK years. the only other local media guy I ever heard consistently mention or cover the Bearcats prior to BK was Scott Springer.

Without reading what the Redhawks say I will agree he is much more a homer for UC than most other programs and I dont recall him ever talking about the Redhawks.

I dont listen to WLW sports talk and usually listen to 1530 on my drive home from work. I'll listen to Lance if he is on a topic I like and the same goes for Mo. I do find myself liking Mo and listening much more than I do Lance.

Lance's job is to drive listeners to his employer's radio station so I understand how he tries to play up to every sports fan in the tri-state. He covers much more consistently the pro sports. Of late I think he has given much more air time (on 1530) when he is on to Coach Cronin and the Bearcats season than in the recent past and I am thankful for that.

12-27-2010 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.