Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why wait?
thecomet89 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
Why wait?
People are worried about super conferences forming in the next few years. So am I. I would argue though that we are already in a super conference of sorts. We now have 17 all sports members and may be looking for more. If this super conference thing is going 2 happen, why does the Big East have to wait on anyone else? Lets make the move 1st. I don't necessarily want 2 split from the BBALL schools, but that time may very well be coming. If so, 1st,find out if nova is upgrading or not. If not, then they are out. Next, ask ND to join all sports. If not then they are out with the BBALL schools. Then, ask if ISU, Baylor, Kansas, K-State, Missouri, and Texas Tech would like to join our BE football new conference. TT may not but the rest could very well come (especially if UT,OU etc leave) There's 14 now. If wanted 16 then UCF,ECU,ETC are all out there. I dont know if this would be good but would'nt it be a pretty good BBALL and football conference. I wonder if we could make more money this way. Of course the BBALL schools would keep the BE name and probably add more non football playing members, so we could either form a new conference or join the Big 12 (if UT and company leave) and rename it the Big 16. Even if we lose a school or two we'd be in good shape and it could possibly bring stability to the conference. Thoughts?
12-06-2010 04:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
RE: Why wait?
(12-06-2010 04:57 PM)thecomet89 Wrote:  People are worried about super conferences forming in the next few years. So am I. I would argue though that we are already in a super conference of sorts. We now have 17 all sports members and may be looking for more. If this super conference thing is going 2 happen, why does the Big East have to wait on anyone else? Lets make the move 1st. I don't necessarily want 2 split from the BBALL schools, but that time may very well be coming. If so, 1st,find out if nova is upgrading or not. If not, then they are out. Next, ask ND to join all sports. If not then they are out with the BBALL schools. Then, ask if ISU, Baylor, Kansas, K-State, Missouri, and Texas Tech would like to join our BE football new conference. TT may not but the rest could very well come (especially if UT,OU etc leave) There's 14 now. If wanted 16 then UCF,ECU,ETC are all out there. I dont know if this would be good but would'nt it be a pretty good BBALL and football conference. I wonder if we could make more money this way. Of course the BBALL schools would keep the BE name and probably add more non football playing members, so we could either form a new conference or join the Big 12 (if UT and company leave) and rename it the Big 16. Even if we lose a school or two we'd be in good shape and it could possibly bring stability to the conference. Thoughts?

Baylor and Tech are in less than stellar markets. Any expansion for an AQ league will involve a big name and or large market. Neither Baylor nor Tech deliver. Baylor is ok in FB this year in a down year for the Big 12. They are solid in BB but have not been a traditional power.

Tech has been solid in FB but I think their market will hurt them. They are an ok name in a bad market.

The Big 12 will fold. The Big East takes Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, and two of the following to get to 14. Notre Dame, Houston, Central Florida, Texas Tech, ECU.

Notre Dame FB is a pipe dream but even I will admit they will always (in the current climate) have a place at the Big East table.

Of course this would mean a split from the BB only schools.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2010 05:19 PM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
12-06-2010 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
We need a TV package that can feed all of the mouths. You have to have that in your pocket.
12-06-2010 05:21 PM
Advertisement

GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
(12-06-2010 05:21 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  We need a TV package that can feed all of the mouths. You have to have that in your pocket.

This is why I think Houston is no 10. I will not claim the UH (at this time....) garners a majority of the Houston college FB TV market. But getting games on TV here in Houston and road games for the NE teams here will be beneficial.

Past the granted increase in recruiting the Texas market the Big east would provide TV's/games to transplanted alumni in the South and especially Houston/Fort Worth (Dallas).
12-06-2010 05:26 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Sorry Houston, It is NOVA. and their 8k fans that the BE covets.
12-06-2010 06:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.