Missouri State Bears - BearNation -- http://www.MSUbearnation.com

Work so far

Fri, Nov 12 Oral Roberts W 78-61 -- -- --
Tue, Nov 16 Arkansas St. W 80-71 -- -- --
Wed, Nov 17 at (24) Tennessee L 56-60 -- -- --
Fri, Nov 19 at Tulsa L 50-62 -- -- --
Mon, Nov 22 Pepperdine W 80-60 -- -- --
Tue, Nov 23 Pacific W 60-49

There only losses coming to 2 pretty good teams in away games. The ORU team that took our candy prison style :moon2: had there candy taken from them earlier this year by Mo. St.

This marks the 3rd game in a 4 year home and home. We have not even been competitive in these games. Even our 23 win team had their candy taken prison style :rolltide: the last trip to Springfield. These guys play good defense and have better bigs than use (I have watched them a little this year already). The on the ball defense will make our half court offense even harder to run. Hopefully we will skip right to press and make it ugly.

It is time we were actually in a game with these guys in the last 4 minutes. If the team that showed up for the 2nd half of the tech game show up we will be.

BURN THE HORSE! 05-deadhorse
11-28-2010 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Official Mo. St. game thread
(11-28-2010 11:24 AM)insideualr Wrote:  @Springfield Dec. 1

Message board

Work so far

There only losses coming to 2 pretty good teams in away games. The ORU team that took our candy prison style :moon2: had there candy taken from them earlier this year by Mo. St.

This marks the 3rd game in a 4 year home and home. We have not even been competitive in these games. Even our 23 win team had their candy taken prison style :rolltide: the last trip to Springfield. These guys play good defense and have better bigs than use (I have watched them a little this year already). The on the ball defense will make our half court offense even harder to run. Hopefully we will skip right to press and make it ugly.

It is time we were actually in a game with these guys in the last 4 minutes. If the team that showed up for the 2nd half of the tech game show up we will be.

Of course remember this was on our home court. Our two games that were disaster, St. Bonnies and ORU were on their courts. That doesn't bode well for our Trojans. I don't know how St. Bonnies is going to do, but when I see that ORU goes to Utah and beats a well known program on their home court, that tells me that maybe that loss wasn't so bad.
I really don't know how good we are right now. I see some good things, but then I see some apparanent weaknesses. If Mo State shoots 3 point shots well, we'll be in trouble. Right now we're rated higher than they are in the Rivals RPI, but they're also predicting this game as a loss for us, so we'll see. Would love to put one on Mo State. They've pretty well owned us as I recall.04-cheers
11-28-2010 12:06 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2010 11:24 AM)insideualr Wrote:  @Springfield Dec. 1

Message board

Work so far

This is not a game I have any expectation of winning. I thought we had a decent chance of winning every game up until this one. Not that I thought we would, but I felt they were all teams we should be competitive with. MoState is simply better than us. It is on the road. Sure an upset is always possible, but just not likely. Tulsa is just as good, maybe better than MoState (they did beat them), but at home I give us a shot at winning.
11-28-2010 12:10 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
No expectation of winning..? That in itself is a telling commentary on the State of the Program.
11-28-2010 12:12 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2010 12:12 PM)Scotto Wrote:  No expectation of winning..? That in itself is a telling commentary on the State of the Program.

I always have an expectation of winning, but in all fairness, I am sometimes accused of living in a dream world!04-cheers
11-28-2010 12:17 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2010 12:12 PM)Scotto Wrote:  No expectation of winning..? That in itself is a telling commentary on the State of the Program.

I don't think so. Like you said, MoState has owned the State of Arkansas. They beat ORU by about as much as ORU beat us. I think they are the best team on our schedule and we are playing them at their place where they have excellent fan support. I thought we would beat SMU as well as Illiniois State and LaTech. I expect to beat Ole Miss and think we have a shot against Tulsa at home. I don't feel like making a statement that I don't think we will beat a very good team on their home court is a commentary on the State of our program. It may also turn out that I was wrong.
11-28-2010 12:21 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

You expect to beat Ole Miss and Tulsa, but not Mo St..?

The new Duke. Mo St.
11-28-2010 12:26 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2010 12:21 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I don't think so. Like you said, MoState has owned the State of Arkansas. They beat ORU by about as much as ORU beat us. I think they are the best team on our schedule and we are playing them at their place where they have excellent fan support. I thought we would beat SMU as well as Illiniois State and LaTech. I expect to beat Ole Miss and think we have a shot against Tulsa at home. I don't feel like making a statement that I don't think we will beat a very good team on their home court is a commentary on the State of our program. It may also turn out that I was wrong.

We can be pretty good and still lose to Mo State on their home court. I agree that it doesn't mean we're bad if they clobber us. It just means they're very good.04-cheers
11-28-2010 12:26 PM
Scotto Offline

(11-28-2010 12:21 PM)mjs Wrote:  I don't feel like making a statement that I don't think we will beat a very good team on their home court is a commentary on the State of our program.

Agreed. But what I was really referring to are the fan's (us) expectations. I want to get to where we expect to beat other mid-major teams. Yes, even the 9th ranked Bears.
11-28-2010 02:24 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

I too feel like we have more than a shot at beatig ole miss ad tulsa. Hell, I expect to have a chance to win those games in the last 4 minutes. We have beaten tulsa here in the last few years when they were better tha us.

Mo St. on the other hand has just killed us over the years. We have not had a sniff of being in those games in the last 4 minutes. All I am asking for is to be there in the last 4 minutes on the road with a chance to win.

This team could do that. I think the games we have a chance to win the year our bigs will be able to score. The other games we win will be games we shoot the 3 well. Mo St will play in your jock defense. That means the 3 quick guards are going to have to produce in an ugly game.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 03:08 PM by insideualr.)
11-28-2010 03:07 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
I made my last trip to Missouri State year before last. I can't stand the sight of blood. I expect to lose to some mid-majors, but if this program was what it should be with the facilities we've got, we shouldn't ever be totally embarrassed. We were the last time we went to MSU.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2010 09:58 PM by LRTrojan.)
11-28-2010 07:54 PM
Advertisement

Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(11-28-2010 12:26 PM)Scotto Wrote:  You expect to beat Ole Miss and Tulsa, but not Mo St..?

The new Duke. Mo St.

Is this MoSt team ranked?

Nobody expected us to beat #8 Mississippi St in Starkville back in 1995, either. Of course neither wee the Bulldogs.

Stuff happens. I doubt we will get embarrassed. We may even get a break and win it. You never know.
11-28-2010 09:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
Possibility, yes. Expectation, no.
11-29-2010 07:59 AM
theSonInLaw Offline
Water Engineer

This game will be a true eye opener. Got to expect to lose to such a strong team on the road. With that said, UALR really isn't losing anything. It's a win-win. If they lose to Mo St. that was expected. If they pull an upset, talk about a morale booster!
11-29-2010 01:26 PM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(11-29-2010 01:26 PM)theSonInLaw Wrote:  This game will be a true eye opener. Got to expect to lose to such a strong team on the road. With that said, UALR really isn't losing anything. It's a win-win. If they lose to Mo St. that was expected. If they pull an upset, talk about a morale booster!

We owe then a shocker. I hope it is the TROJANS that gives them a bad night in JQH Arena.
11-29-2010 11:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

(11-29-2010 11:59 PM)Robert C Wrote:  We owe then a shocker. I hope it is the TROJANS that gives them a bad night in JQH Arena.

I think this team is capable of a few shockers this season. Maybe this will be the night.
11-30-2010 12:53 PM
Advertisement

TNMSUFAN Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Missouri State
Hello UALR fans! It has been quiet on the Bear front because we have had a week off after playing 6 games in 11 days so I thought I would stop by to wish safe travels to anyone making the trip and best of luck this season.

Concerning our team it is basically the same team we had last year as we return our top 6 scorers from a year ago. We lost a little depth with a knee injury and a transfer but our starting 5 is very solid along with a couple bench players...we have 3 frosh who need to figure things out for us to have a great team but we are still pretty good especially at home. We went 19-2 at home last year with losses to UNI by 1 and Wichita St by 2...plus we have won 15 straight home games over non-con teams. We have honestly played like crap this year offensively but still 4-2 so hopefully we find our shooting touch. Part of it is the depth because the 6 games in 11 days just killed our starters/jump shooters...the other part is Tenn, Tulsa and even Pacific were pretty good defensively. Regardless we are a veteran team with 4 senior starters and once our frosh figure it out we should be up there in the Valley standings.

Again safe travels and good luck this season.
11-30-2010 07:38 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Thanks for dropping by. Any TV or streaming of the game?
11-30-2010 10:48 PM
TNMSUFAN Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Missouri State
(11-30-2010 10:48 PM)insideualr Wrote:  Thanks for dropping by. Any TV or streaming of the game?

Almost all of our home games are on Bears Live which sometimes end up on channelsurfing.net

Here is the Bears Live page
http://www.missouristatebears.com/liveEv...m_id=13800
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 11:34 PM by TNMSUFAN.)
11-30-2010 11:34 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

On paper, this one could be ugly. They have plenty of size and plenty of experience. Will likely start 6-9, 6-6, 6-3 across the front line, and can bring in 6-10 and 6-11 from the bench. Will probably start four seniors and a junior.

They do not shoot nor defend the 3 particularly well (32.7% for them, 35.2% for opponents). They do limit opponents to a very good 39.6% overall, though. Good FT shooting team (76%). They win the boards by a wide margin. Positive ATO ratio.

Not many chinks in their armor. However, for a team that does not shoot the 3 very well, they do shoot it a lot (34.7% of all attempts are from the arc), and defending the 3 is our strength. Live by the 3, die by the 3. Let's hope.
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2010 08:19 AM by MICHAELSPAPPY.)
12-01-2010 08:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.