or would you rather see another MAC school bowling
11-21-2010 11:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

niubrad00 Offline
Boss

I Root For: NIU
RE: 5 MAC schools bowling
You have some very interesting, and far-fetched, theories.
11-21-2010 11:54 AM
utpotts Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
Only Temple fans want to play another MAC school in a bowl game. No wonder everyone sees the MAC as a small-time conference.
11-21-2010 12:02 PM
templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
temple fans want MAC schools in bowls
right now, ND, Army & GaT are at-large in front of MAC
Tex, Ga, Tenn & Hous win, 6 at-larges in front of MAC
I don't see 8 openings
11-22-2010 10:08 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(11-22-2010 10:08 AM)templefootballfan Wrote:  temple fans want MAC schools in bowls
right now, ND, Army & GaT are at-large in front of MAC
Tex, Ga, Tenn & Hous win, 6 at-larges in front of MAC
I don't see 8 openings

I would honestly love six MAC teams to bowl but not if we end up playing each other... That would be a PR disaster!
11-22-2010 10:17 AM
templefootballfan Online
Heisman

I Root For: TU & BGSU & TEX
right now MAC needs Louv to lose, that takes FIU or GaT off the table for LCB & into St Pete
PR disaster is NoILL vs Lous-Monroe in Detriot
11-22-2010 10:23 AM
Advertisement

BeatNavy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Army
(11-21-2010 11:36 AM)templefootballfan Wrote:  If one of Ga, Tenn, & Louv lose
MAC as contract with Bir
B-10 gets 2 BCS,
LCB could matchup Toledo vs Temple or Mia
ND goes to LV
LCB has choice of Army, GT or BC [1 ends up in SF]
are they more intresting matchups

You can go ahead and take Army out of your thoughts, we're not going to the LCB.
11-22-2010 11:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(11-22-2010 11:34 AM)BeatNavy Wrote:  
(11-21-2010 11:36 AM)templefootballfan Wrote:  If one of Ga, Tenn, & Louv lose
MAC as contract with Bir
B-10 gets 2 BCS,
LCB could matchup Toledo vs Temple or Mia
ND goes to LV
LCB has choice of Army, GT or BC [1 ends up in SF]
are they more intresting matchups

You can go ahead and take Army out of your thoughts, we're not going to the LCB.

Where else would they go? They have to hope for an at-large bid at 6-6 otherwise they will stay home. I don't see Army beating Navy.
11-22-2010 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Doesn't Army have a tie-in?
11-22-2010 12:32 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(11-22-2010 12:32 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Doesn't Army have a tie-in?

I beleive they have a tie in *and* and backup agreement:

Army

Primary:
* 2010: Armed Forces Bowl[18]
* 2011: Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl[19]
* 2012: Military Bowl[19]
* 2013: Poinsettia Bowl[20]

Backup:

Armed Forces Bowl MWC #3/4 or Army vs C-USA #3 or Army
Military Bowl ACC #8 or MAC #4 vs Army or C-USA #6

The Emerald Bowl, which would become the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in 2010, reached an agreement with the Western Athletic Conference, Navy, Army, and the Pacific-10/12 Conference. The Pac-10/12 will give its #6 selection to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in each of the four years. Army will play in the game in 2011 if it is eligible, and Navy will play in 2012 if it is eligible. The WAC will send its #1, #2 or #3 team in 2010 and 2013, and will provide alternate selections in 2011 and 2012.[24]

Army will draw well wherever it goes so expect someone to snatch them up..
11-22-2010 01:10 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I read that this is the first season ever that all 3 service academies are bowl eligible.
11-22-2010 01:18 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
NIU should get a non MAC bowl... they deserve better than the LCB. Most people look at the LCB as the worst bowl, yet the MAC #1 goes to it. They should re align the bowl agreements based on how good a conferance is, because The WAC #2 is better than all MAC teams but they play the #3 from our conferance.
In my opinion it should be.
MAC#1 vs WAC#2
MAC#2 vs. Big12#8
MAC#3 vs. Big10#7
MAC#4 vs. Sunbelt#1
MAC#5 vs. MWC#3
11-22-2010 11:04 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
wac is basically done after this season so i wouldn't set up an agreement to have our top team play the 2nd best team of a defunct conference.

having the big10 bump us from 7 to 8 in it's bowl order was huge. this yr we would have had illinois or northwestern. rotating the LCB between Detroit and Chicago and getting a guaranteed big 10 team would be the way to go, imo. think wrigley in 2011 (with real endzones) and ford field in 2012.

mac needs to get creative.
create a mini playoff with 4 teams from the mac, wac and sun belt and use 2 bowls as the 1st round and a 3rd as the championship.
11-23-2010 03:57 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-23-2010 03:57 AM)pono Wrote:  having the big10 bump us from 7 to 8 in it's bowl order was huge. this yr we would have had illinois or northwestern. rotating the LCB between Detroit and Chicago and getting a guaranteed big 10 team would be the way to go, imo. think wrigley in 2011 (with real endzones) and ford field in 2012.

Yep, BT really did it to the LCB and the MAC. 03-hissyfit

NIU vs. NW would have been a goodie.

and I believe this is the last year for the BT to be associated with the LCB.
11-23-2010 04:47 AM
BeatNavy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Army
We do have a conditional tie-in for 2010. We'll be invited to the Armed Forces Bowl if either C-USA or MWC not being able to fill their commitment. Unless TCU suffers a meltdown of truly epic proportion against New Mexico, the Horned Frogs will go to a BCS bowl and the MWC will therefore not have enough teams to fill their bowl commitments, and we'll be in the Armed Forces Bowl.

We also have a commitment as a backup in the Military Bowl, but the ACC and C-USA have enough teams for their bowl slots (unless somebody messes with the computers and the ACC gets two BCS bowl bids).

This will indeed be the first time that Army, Navy, and Air Force go to bowls in the same season, but it is not the first time that all are eligible. In 1996, Army and Navy went to bowl games, but bowl-eligible Air Force stayed home with a 6-5 record (all of their wins were over I-A teams).
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2010 07:50 AM by BeatNavy.)
11-23-2010 07:48 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(11-23-2010 03:57 AM)pono Wrote:  wac is basically done after this season so i wouldn't set up an agreement to have our top team play the 2nd best team of a defunct conference.

having the big10 bump us from 7 to 8 in it's bowl order was huge. this yr we would have had illinois or northwestern. rotating the LCB between Detroit and Chicago and getting a guaranteed big 10 team would be the way to go, imo. think wrigley in 2011 (with real endzones) and ford field in 2012.

mac needs to get creative.
create a mini playoff with 4 teams from the mac, wac and sun belt and use 2 bowls as the 1st round and a 3rd as the championship.

I was thinking they re-do the affiliations after every year so this year that is how the MAC would fall into place... but next year it might be MAC#1 vs. MWC#2 or something like that depending on how other conferances are. I think NIU is just better than the best MAC team on an aferage year. They really deserve better than a #2 Sunbelt.
11-23-2010 08:19 AM
Advertisement

exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
I'd like to see NIU get a good match-up somewhere as I believe they are the conference's best hope for an impressive bowl win. Toledo in Detroit would obviously make great financial sense as the Rocket fans will fill that stadium nicely, and we won't have a B10 team so the "away" team (Sunbelt) will bring few fans.

Looking more and more like we'll likely have 4 MAC team bowling, so I guess tonight's Miami-Temple game is a playoff of sorts, although I guess Miami could conceivably win and Temple could still get a bowl nod depending on the bowl's location and expectations for TV ratings and fans attending.
11-23-2010 09:06 AM
CMUprof Offline
1st String

I Root For: CMU
(11-23-2010 07:48 AM)BeatNavy Wrote:  We do have a conditional tie-in for 2010. We'll be invited to the Armed Forces Bowl if either C-USA or MWC not being able to fill their commitment. Unless TCU suffers a meltdown of truly epic proportion against New Mexico, the Horned Frogs will go to a BCS bowl and the MWC will therefore not have enough teams to fill their bowl commitments, and we'll be in the Armed Forces Bowl.

We also have a commitment as a backup in the Military Bowl, but the ACC and C-USA have enough teams for their bowl slots (unless somebody messes with the computers and the ACC gets two BCS bowl bids).

This will indeed be the first time that Army, Navy, and Air Force go to bowls in the same season, but it is not the first time that all are eligible. In 1996, Army and Navy went to bowl games, but bowl-eligible Air Force stayed home with a 6-5 record (all of their wins were over I-A teams).

There is no assurance that TCU goes to a BCS bowl. Only the top non-AQ team is guaranteed a spot. Should they go? Of course. Will they? Not so sure though I would hope so. Some people on the Big East boards were talking about the attendance issues that TCU has. I am not sure they have that big of a fan base and that is something that bowl committees will look at.
11-23-2010 09:10 AM
msutter Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: IllinoisSchools
The MAC hasn't exactly been world beaters so far against the Sun Belt during Bowl play. A 3-1 advantage after last years double overtime victory is nothing to brag about.

Central Michigan: 2-1
2006 Motor City - Middle Tennessee 31-14 W
2008 Motor City - FAU 21-24 L
2009 GMAC - Troy (20T) 44-41 W

Northern Illinois: 1-0
2004 Silicon Valley - Troy 34-21 W

I was excited last year when NIU got a chance to play South Florida in a bowl game. South Florida coach Jim Leavitt's was under investigation for striking one of his players and was going to be fired. Unfortunately the Bulls were still focused enough to man handle the Huskies 27-3. It would be nice to see NIU play a school from a bigger conference than the Sun Belt, but it would also be nice to get a Bowl win. The Huskies have lost their last three bowl games. I wouldn't think beating a Sun Belt team would be a guarantee either. NIU nearly escaped losing to Western Michigan this year.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2010 10:20 AM by msutter.)
11-23-2010 09:30 AM
exCincy Kid Offline
All American

I Root For:
Well, the MAC really hasn't had any "world beaters" this year, but NIU sure appears to be the "head of the class", and although I have not been sold on OU after watching them play (and for also losing to C-USA doormat Marshall earlier in the year), they have been playing very well as of late and could be a good bowl team as well. We fall off rapidly after that, although UT has played very well at times. Temple is a bit of an enigma as well...not sure if Pierce is playing tonight vs. Miami. They beat a very decent UConn team OOC so with Pierce playing in a bowl you'd think they'd have an good opportunity to win.
11-23-2010 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.