Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hello MWC?
Bookmark and Share
tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
Hello MWC?
When TCU takes the bait and joins the BE and with Temple as football only, then the MWC should invite Houston/SMU/ and Memphis....With Boise State/Nevada/ Fresno State and with Houston And SMU u got great football still and with Nevada/ SDSU/ UNLV/ New Mexico and then Memphis and u also have one hell of a basketball conference as well....Memphis would put them into SEC country and the three of them add huge tv markets and potential for MTN....Could also get Espn involved for a tv deal....The World Is Ours Memphis.....Your thoughts guys...."Rise Up" Memphis....and if u go 14 u could bring in Tulsa as 13th and Southern Miss as 14th.....[Image: worldisours.jpg]
11-14-2010 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerscane Offline
Heisman

I Root For: tha tigers
RE: Hello MWC?
By bring in Houston/ SMU/ And Memphis u do a few things here....U can have a west and east division...East could be Memphis/Houston/ SMU/ New Mexico and either Air Force or Colorado State....U also bring in huge markets with Dallas replacing TCU and more up side once June Jones gets them rolling Houston and Memphis puts them into the South and SEC country.....More for the MTN and If they go 14 u bring in Tulsa and Southern Miss...The World Is Ours Memphis....
11-14-2010 04:06 PM
MWC-CHI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: P12 bound Utah
Be realistic here.

1. TCU to the Big East has no substance barring an official announcement. This brings the conference to 17 teams which sounds awkward.

2. The best speculation of the future of Big East Football is Temple is back as a FB member only and Villanova joins from I-AA.

3. The only way I can see TCU leaving the MWC is IF the Big XII has a sudden change of heart of staying with 10 teams and they bring in TCU and Houston.
11-17-2010 12:26 PM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
It looks like Hawaii is joining the Mountain West for football only and joining the Big West for all other sports.
11-19-2010 12:49 AM
chargeradio Offline
Vamos Morados

I Root For: ALA, KY, USA
If Utah State joins the Mountain West, is UTEP the 12th member for football?

Mountain West
Pacific - Fresno State, San Diego State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State
Mountain - UTEP, New Mexico, Colorado State, Air Force, Wyoming, Utah State

Conference USA
West - SMU, Houston, Rice, Tulsa, Louisiana Tech, Tulane
East - Memphis, Southern Miss, Central Florida, UAB, Marshall, East Carolina

WAC would be left with UTSA, Texas State, New Mexico State, Idaho, San Jose State
12-06-2010 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
Or MWC and C-USA could take six from each and form a new conference:

Nevada
UNLV
New Mexico
Air Force
Boise State
Utah State

Houston
Tulsa
Memphis
Tulane
Southern Mississippi
UTEP
12-22-2010 11:30 PM
TennesseeBoyintheRockies Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
(12-06-2010 10:06 PM)chargeradio Wrote:  If Utah State joins the Mountain West, is UTEP the 12th member for football?

Mountain West
Pacific - Fresno State, San Diego State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State
Mountain - UTEP, New Mexico, Colorado State, Air Force, Wyoming, Utah State

Conference USA
West - SMU, Houston, Rice, Tulsa, Louisiana Tech, Tulane
East - Memphis, Southern Miss, Central Florida, UAB, Marshall, East Carolina

WAC would be left with UTSA, Texas State, New Mexico State, Idaho, San Jose State

I thought this would be the case, but since the Mountain West and Conference USA are likely to merge, I don't see why the MWC would even need UTEP at that point.
12-23-2010 04:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
They would have an alliance and not a merger.
12-25-2010 05:07 AM
TennesseeBoyintheRockies Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
(12-25-2010 05:07 AM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  They would have an alliance and not a merger.

Only that's not what we are seeing. Conference USA and the Mountain West are looking to "combine assets" which goes beyond the concept of an alliance and more to the idea of a merger.

The two leagues are looking to combine assets in bowl payouts, TV contract dollars, etc.
12-25-2010 08:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.