Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lindsey Graham goes full neocon, wants a THIRD war
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Lindsey Graham goes full neocon, wants a THIRD war
Says 2012 election is all about national defense, says there's a split in GOP with new "Isolationist Wing".

I look forward to throwing Lindsey the hell out just like I threw Bob Inglis out.

"President Obama stands a good chance of being reelected in 2012 if he makes progress in Afghanistan, he adopts a tougher line against Iran, the economy improves and there are no major terrorist attacks in the United States, a senior Republican said Saturday.

Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.), who has become a leading GOP national security spokesman, said that if Obama is looking for cooperation with Republicans, a continued U.S. military effort in Afghanistan is "one area where Republicans feel comfortable standing by the president" and are likely to give him more support than many in his own party."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...03624.html

Not content with this alone ... he wants a full scale pre-emptive war against Iran.

http://www.presstv.com/detail/149956.html
11-08-2010 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
RE: Lindsey Graham goes full neocon, wants a THIRD war
(11-08-2010 12:13 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  Says 2012 election is all about national defense, says there's a split in GOP with new "Isolationist Wing".

I look forward to throwing Lindsey the hell out just like I threw Bob Inglis out.

"President Obama stands a good chance of being reelected in 2012 if he makes progress in Afghanistan, he adopts a tougher line against Iran, the economy improves and there are no major terrorist attacks in the United States, a senior Republican said Saturday.

"and if he solves world hunger, writes a best-selling Harry Potter sequel, and finds where Elvis is living."

Geesh, what a stupid comment. Of course if everything goes perfectly for a president he'll get re-elected. The point is, it's not all about luck. There are consequences for your decisions.
11-08-2010 12:23 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Ugg...

The GOP needs to be serious about cutting spending, everywhere! including defense!

Why the hell are we in Germany *and* Italy?

The Needs, at most, a Base in the Med and a base in East Asia (South Korea is a no Brainer).

A Navel presence in Japan makes sense to counter China.
--

Fact is that we have screwed up Afghanistan/Pakistan and Iraq beyond belief. Either get out and accept the consequences or go all in like we did with Japan and force a constitution on those nations.
11-08-2010 12:27 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
As I stated before, you guys across the river vote Graham back into office, I say we take a Sawzall to your borders and push you out into the Atlantic. I'd have property right near the beach. 05-stirthepot
11-08-2010 01:11 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU
What would it take to unseat him? Could a Tea Partier beat him in the primary or would it take the Dems having the seat for 6 years to get Graham out of there?
11-08-2010 01:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(11-08-2010 01:19 PM)moe24 Wrote:  What would it take to unseat him?

A conservative.
11-08-2010 01:23 PM
Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(11-08-2010 01:19 PM)moe24 Wrote:  What would it take to unseat him? Could a Tea Partier beat him in the primary or would it take the Dems having the seat for 6 years to get Graham out of there?

The GOP primary contender was vanilla establishment evangelical if you've ever seen one. However, there was significant signs of unrest. Lindsey was roundly booed at the SC GOP state convention when the establishment tried to pass a resolution commending him. A Ron Paul volunteer ran as a Democrat and won to oppose Lindsey. A shame Graham didn't have the balls to debate "Flattop Bob" ... it would have been a hoot to see Lindsey get shredded on fiscal policy from somebody running as a Democrat. Lindsey has been censured by several county Republican Parties. Does this look like a popular Senator to you?:

Mark Sanford, BTW, fired back at Lindsey.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2010 01:29 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
11-08-2010 01:28 PM
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU
(11-08-2010 01:23 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

A conservative.

lol. Fair enough.
11-08-2010 01:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
If we go to war, we should be in it to win it. That means we change the current rules of engagement. That means the press gets the boot, war zone, No f'ucking press. That means our enemy must fear us for any victory. That means the military gets to do what they are trained to do. WIN. Our civilian leaders do not have the stomach for a real war.
11-08-2010 01:55 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(11-08-2010 01:28 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(11-08-2010 01:19 PM)moe24 Wrote:  What would it take to unseat him? Could a Tea Partier beat him in the primary or would it take the Dems having the seat for 6 years to get Graham out of there?

The GOP primary contender was vanilla establishment evangelical if you've ever seen one. However, there was significant signs of unrest. Lindsey was roundly booed at the SC GOP state convention when the establishment tried to pass a resolution commending him. A Ron Paul volunteer ran as a Democrat and won to oppose Lindsey. A shame Graham didn't have the balls to debate "Flattop Bob" ... it would have been a hoot to see Lindsey get shredded on fiscal policy from somebody running as a Democrat. Lindsey has been censured by several county Republican Parties. Does this look like a popular Senator to you?:

Beck is correct...The problem with the Republican party is that guys like LG are running it.
11-08-2010 08:38 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(11-08-2010 01:28 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

Beck is correct...The problem with the Republican party is that guys like LG are running it.
11-08-2010 08:39 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Why can't we just get rid of these phonies like Gramnesty and McCain? I'd take a shot at the voters of S.C., but like Colorado, we all have certain peculiarities in our own elections, as was pointed out above. I'll be glad when the GOP is actually fighting the battles most Americans care about, instead of doing what gets them the most invites to the cocktail parties in D.C.

However, I'm not holding my breath. The elites in the GOP don't want to do what is right but rather, what they think will help them keep their jobs, power, perks, wealth, etc. IMO, the only hope for that party is a hostile takeover of the leadership by the people they supposedly represent.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2010 08:54 PM by MileHighBronco.)
11-08-2010 08:50 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
(11-08-2010 01:23 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

A conservative.

Lindsey Grahamesty is a f'ing wimp. He goes every where the wind blows. No convictions. He flip-flopps worse the Kerry.

I want to see Rand Paul find a "non-social conservative" to run against this "open borders" POS.

I get ill every time I see Grahamesty on TV. I'll give $500.00 to a libertarian/conservative candidate that takes him on in the primary.
11-08-2010 11:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.