Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"...my plea out to our fans, don't boo our kids."
San Giuseppe Jato Rocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: il Rockets
"...my plea out to our fans, don't boo our kids."
For those not fortunate enough to witness a great come from behind win on Saturday you also missed how fan mood swings ebb and flow. The following quote from Minnesota AD got me thinking about Saturday's game.

“ We're coming into two home football games, and I don't think it's fair for the kids to be booed. Quite frankly, it's why I have my plea out to our fans, don't boo our kids.
” -- Minnesota athletic director Joel Maturi

While our fans stopped short of actually booing the players (and staff), there was a noticeable discontented growl from the Rocket faithful in the first half. Sort of reminded me of British House of Commons. YouTube: Brown vs. Cameron

Coach K and the team gave a very inspiring pep talk. It's obvious to all 20,000+ in attendance this is guy we should of hired two years ago. Kowalczyk and co. received a more sigh of relief polite "'golf clap" when introduced.

But Coach Collup received the most hardy reception. Everyone knows she's resurrected Lady Rocket basketball.
10-17-2010 09:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
RE: "...my plea out to our fans, don't boo our kids."
Guy behind me kept yelling "Siddown Number 4" throughout the half
(like Dantin makes the decision whether he sits or not). Then he's creaming like a little girl when Dantin takes off on the TD and the forty yarder.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2010 09:30 PM by H2Oville Rocket.)
10-17-2010 09:28 PM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

Just noted a rather serious typo in the above post but decided it stood on its own merit so I left it. For anyone who's wondering, I originally intended to write "screaming".
10-17-2010 09:29 PM
Advertisement

PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(10-17-2010 09:29 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Just noted a rather serious typo in the above post but decided it stood on its own merit so I left it. For anyone who's wondering, I originally intended to write "screaming".
10-17-2010 09:31 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
I think more than anything Brewster was getting booed at Minnesota.
10-17-2010 09:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PTLROCK Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
For the record...I was booing the refs.

It is hard to know where booing is directed in a crowd. Let's assume it is the refs. I don't think they wanted us to have any fun saturday night. They called back 3 TDs. Give me a break. Apparently somebody actually earned the penalty, but I don't think I ever saw 3 TDs called back before. Thankfully the Rockets answered each of those with some points I believe.

Anybody that is a fan and has coached at any level hears carzy things from the fans. It is a part of it unfortunately. The truth is some of the players are not performing how they are capable. My guess is the coaching staff has addressed it. Stadium boos even directed at the team when they are not playing well can send a strong message. Making it personal by stating names is not appropriate. A number of years ago, I actually saw a Toledo FB parent get in a scrap with a Toledo fan that was being personally disrespectful. That was not cool.

Good post - We can do better.

Go Rockets!!
10-17-2010 09:45 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(10-17-2010 09:29 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  Just noted a rather serious typo in the above post but decided it stood on its own merit so I left it. For anyone who's wondering, I originally intended to write "screaming".

that was pretty funny and while pedophile did cross my mind briefly. you were redeemed in my eyes by a record of often silly but never amber alertish posts. reminds me of a funny story i will not post an a msg board other to say it involved nudity, email, and a near accident of massive proportions
10-18-2010 04:19 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
We need separate boos: one for refs, one for staff, one for concessions, one for the other team and none for our players except maybe for chirlish behavior after the play.
10-18-2010 06:47 AM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

(10-18-2010 06:47 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  We need separate boos: one for refs, one for staff, one for concessions, one for the other team and none for our players except maybe for chirlish behavior after the play.

Would the press print which sections would boo which people with which boos like they do in Boise? The idea has merit and goes along with your "more organized cheering (booing, in this instance) makes for a better game experience". Count me in- especially for the concessions and churlish behavior piece-bad food and stupid penalties drive me crazy!
10-18-2010 07:02 AM
Advertisement

RocketElvis Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Rockets
(10-18-2010 07:02 AM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  
(10-18-2010 06:47 AM)eastisbest Wrote:  We need separate boos: one for refs, one for staff, one for concessions, one for the other team and none for our players except maybe for chirlish behavior after the play.

Would the press print which sections would boo which people with which boos like they do in Boise? The idea has merit and goes along with your "more organized cheering (booing, in this instance) makes for a better game experience". Count me in- especially for the concessions and churlish behavior piece-bad food and stupid penalties drive me crazy!

Would the press print which sections would boo which people with which boos like they do in Boise?

Are you referring to the Free Press? The City Paper? Maybe the West Toledo Herald!!!!!
10-18-2010 09:37 AM
H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

(10-18-2010 09:37 AM)RocketElvis Wrote:  Would the press print which sections would boo which people with which boos like they do in Boise?

Are you referring to the Free Press? The City Paper? Maybe the West Toledo Herald!!!!!

Well, yeah. since those three are about the only papers in the city. I think the only other one is a guy in Polish Village who does a nice little newsletter thing for that neighborhood- can't think of any others until you hit the 'burbs.
10-18-2010 09:44 AM
IamN2daRockets Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT Rockets -
Great win by UT vs. Kent.

I never expected us to be 4-3 and 3-0 at this point. It's ironic that I really wish we would have won vs Wyoming and were actually 5-2 overall. That's pure greed when I just said I really did not expect 6 weeks ago to be 4-3 and 3-0. I thought we would be more like 2-5 or even 1-6 with a remote outside shot at 3-4 and 1-2. I

I couldn't be happier when I look at how the remaining schedule shapes up and the virtual return of intact O & D teams for 2011.

The offense will get its spark down the stretch and the defense will be dominant.

I also heard the fans putting down AD but hey I'm going to root for whomever has a UT uniform on. Personalities aside - if the kid represents UT he's got my support 100%.

Go ROCKETS!
10-18-2010 09:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.