Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CMU,BSU.,UT & NIU
Bookmark and Share
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
CMU,BSU.,UT & NIU
BSU and CMU lose today and UT is down 14-7 (loss?) and the Huskies win.

The perfect Pick 4 ticket.
10-16-2010 06:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
RE: CMU,BSU.,UT & NIU
Outside of us, the MAC is just really really bad.

Don't want to look too far ahead here but your sig could be a real possibility.
10-16-2010 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tampabayrocketfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U of Toledo
We look bad. At least NIU is good this year. Maybe this will be the year you guys get that MAC Title
10-16-2010 07:30 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(10-16-2010 07:30 PM)tampabayrocketfan Wrote:  We look bad. At least NIU is good this year. Maybe this will be the year you guys get that MAC Title

I really do hope so, that thing has eluded us for far too long and no one in the West outside of us seems to be playing consistent ball. I'd like to think we win out and go undefeated in MAC play but that is TBD.

We always have a tough time against Toledo so nothing is a given.
10-16-2010 07:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

DAMN> Toledo comes from behind and wins. Another Pick 4 ticket ripped up....
10-16-2010 09:00 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
(10-16-2010 06:52 PM)NIUtrav09 Wrote:  Outside of us, the MAC is just really really bad.

I'm not gonna say Toledo's great, because our offense is not very good at all, but we are 4-3 and beat Purdue. We led Purdue 24-3 in the 3rd quarter and won by 11. Purdue just beat Minnesota 28-17. Minnesota sucks, but that is mentioned because you guys beat Minnesota by 11. Last week Purdue beat Northwestern (Minnesota lost to Northwestern), and Purdue is 4-2 overall and 2-0 in the Big Ten now. If Toledo was really, really bad.....then how did we beat Purdue? Same with Ohio. We beat Ohio at their place, and they are now 3-1 in the MAC.

Realistically, there are no really good teams in the MAC. NIU seems to be the best, but not by a whole lot. They seem to be a little better than Toledo, Ohio, and WMU. Temple and Miami seem to be in the next tier, right behind those three.

WMU is a team that is getting better as the season goes on. Sure, they lost to ND by about 20 points today, but their offense played okay and is getting better. I'm glad UT played them early in the year.

If Toledo can beat Ball State at home next week and then EMU on the road the following week, we should see a battle of 5-0 MAC teams in DeKalb when Toledo and NIU meet. This game will likely be for the Division title, unless WMU can continue to improve and knock you guys off the week before the UT/NIU game.
10-16-2010 09:39 PM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Nov 9 will be for all the marbles - as we knew it would be. NIU, Toledo, Temple and maybe Ohio will be the MAC bowl teams.
10-16-2010 09:43 PM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

WMU is only 2-4, but they have Akron, Eastern Michigan, Kent State, and Bowling Green still on their schedule. There's really no reason for them to lose any of those games. That puts them up to 6 wins, with NIU and CMU as their other two games. This might be the year they finally beat CMU and then they would be at 7 wins and bowl eligible, so you can't count them out.

I'm pretty sure the MAC has 5 bowl tie-ins this year. Temple and NIU are locks. Toledo is probably getting to 7 wins, but it's nowhere near a lock. Then Ohio, Miami, and WMU will make up the last two bowl spots. In think Miami is already up to 4 wins, as is Ohio. WMU probably has the easiest schedule remaining though as NIU is the only team they play that has won more than 2 games.
10-16-2010 09:51 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
The Toledo game scares the hell out of me.
10-17-2010 02:03 AM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(10-17-2010 02:03 AM)7 Wrote:  The Toledo game scares the hell out of me.

It scares me too. Toledo has the ability to play with anyone in the MAC, but we tend to come out flat and uninspired in some of our games. We can't do that against a team like NIU and have any kind of a chance in that game. It's kind of a good thing the game isn't at Toledo, because we seem to play our most uninspiring football at home.
10-17-2010 08:17 AM
huskiefan035 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU Huskies

+1000
How many times have we been snakebitten by Toledo in the past? lol I kind of feel like a Cubs fan when the Cubs make the playoffs; that is, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
10-17-2010 09:35 AM
Advertisement

NIUboiler Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Purdue and NIU
(10-16-2010 09:39 PM)BrianNowicki Wrote:  
(10-16-2010 06:52 PM)NIUtrav09 Wrote:  Outside of us, the MAC is just really really bad.

I'm not gonna say Toledo's great, because our offense is not very good at all, but we are 4-3 and beat Purdue. We led Purdue 24-3 in the 3rd quarter and won by 11. Purdue just beat Minnesota 28-17. Minnesota sucks, but that is mentioned because you guys beat Minnesota by 11. Last week Purdue beat Northwestern (Minnesota lost to Northwestern), and Purdue is 4-2 overall and 2-0 in the Big Ten now. If Toledo was really, really bad.....then how did we beat Purdue? Same with Ohio. We beat Ohio at their place, and they are now 3-1 in the MAC.

Realistically, there are no really good teams in the MAC. NIU seems to be the best, but not by a whole lot. They seem to be a little better than Toledo, Ohio, and WMU. Temple and Miami seem to be in the next tier, right behind those three.

WMU is a team that is getting better as the season goes on. Sure, they lost to ND by about 20 points today, but their offense played okay and is getting better. I'm glad UT played them early in the year.

If Toledo can beat Ball State at home next week and then EMU on the road the following week, we should see a battle of 5-0 MAC teams in DeKalb when Toledo and NIU meet. This game will likely be for the Division title, unless WMU can continue to improve and knock you guys off the week before the UT/NIU game.

Toledo did beat Purdue........I'll make no excuses for that embarrassing loss. With that said, Purdue is a much different team now than a few weeks ago.

I really like NIU's chances to beat Toledo. Just saying.
10-17-2010 01:21 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(10-17-2010 09:35 AM)huskiefan035 Wrote:  

+1000
How many times have we been snakebitten by Toledo in the past? lol I kind of feel like a Cubs fan when the Cubs make the playoffs; that is, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
If you ignore the fact it's Toledo, my unbiased (yet biased) opinon is that Toledo doesn't have to offense to beat us. They'll have to score to beat us, and I don't think they can do it enough.

But it's Toledo.
10-17-2010 06:22 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

Its Toledo without the NFL type players. WE RUN THE TABLE!
10-17-2010 09:19 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(10-17-2010 06:22 PM)7 Wrote:  
(10-17-2010 09:35 AM)huskiefan035 Wrote:  

+1000
If you ignore the fact it's Toledo, my unbiased (yet biased) opinon is that Toledo doesn't have to offense to beat us. They'll have to score to beat us, and I don't think they can do it enough.

But it's Toledo.

Rockets only put up 27 points in the second half against a team that was leading the MAC in most defensive categories going into the UT game. Kent's defense statistically was the nation's #1 rushing defense,#2 tackles for loss,#9 sacks, #14 total defense and #39 scoring defense(MAC's #1 20.8 points per game).
sacks,#14
10-18-2010 05:21 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

Toledo's offense currently ranks 108 in FBS, 299.71 per game. NIU's offense ranks 41st at 415.43 per game.
Toledo's defense ranks 59th giving 361.14 per game, NIU's 39th, 339.29 per game.
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?ye...&site=org.

Toledo's schedule, to date according to numerous ratings, has been much tougher than NIU's.
Sagarin has NIU at 71.25 Toledo at 69.55. 61 and 67 respectively.

This games scares me...alot
10-18-2010 07:56 AM
Advertisement

cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Listening to portions of Bears -Seahawks game and hearing chester taylor's name mentioned often, it reminded me of the final 32 seconds of NIU-UT in 2005 and 2002 game.

NIU MUST BEAT UT TO WIN WEST & MACC, PERIOD.
NO IFS , NO ANDS NOR BUTS.
NO WOODA, NO COULDA AND NO SHOULDA.
10-18-2010 09:32 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Yep. First things first, gotta get it done against CMU.
10-18-2010 09:41 AM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

Chester Taylor played for Toledo from 1998-2001, so I'm confused about the 2005 comment.
10-18-2010 09:48 AM
BrianNowicki Offline
All American

(10-17-2010 09:19 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Its Toledo without the NFL type players. WE RUN THE TABLE!

NIU is probably a better team than Toledo...don't know if that means either team will win. Anyway, we both have a couple of games before this game so we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves.

That said, Toledo doesn't have any NFL type players? Tell that to WR Eric Page, CB Desmond Marrow, and LB Archie Donald. Besides, having NFL type players doesn't always mean anything in a team sport like football.
10-18-2010 09:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.