Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2010 Owls Preview - The Freshman
Bookmark and Share
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
2010 Owls Preview - The Freshman
http://ksuowls.com/news/2010/10/11/MBB_1011103709.aspx

GREAT article and interviews. I was really impressed by how well spoken our freshmen were for 18 year old kids. Especially impressed by Turner. He is a great communicator which is a great skill for a PG. I don't know if he can play or not, but sometimes good players can slip through the cracks at great high school programs, and not fully blossom until college. 11, 4, and 3 in 17 minutes a game is pretty darn impressive. I have to think that he is a possible redshirt given our two man tandem of Kelvin and Spencer at PG, but I really don't know. Ohsemen looks really jacked, and I am very excited to see what Dawson brings to the table as he has the best resume of our freshmen.

I am starting to get excited for the season.

On a side note, I was listening to the Owls radio interview with Heramb, and he confirmed that he will be out for the first semester due to grades. I had heard this from other sources, but was waiting for it to be released to the public before saying anything. This is a big blow as we lose Kurtis for the season, and Heramb until the 1st semester is over (7 or 8 games I think). At least it will give some of our young bigs a chance to play early. I think Anderson is going to be relied upon earlier than we anticipated.
10-11-2010 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
RE: 2010 Owls Preview - The Freshman
Sucks about Heramb, but at the same time he only has himself to blame. I'm glad we have a program that doesnt let that stuff pass.

I'm excited to see our new guys play. I plan on being at as many games as possible.
10-13-2010 01:09 PM
Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

Really sad that we had the chance to return our five starters and off the court issues take two away for the start of the season. Luckily it isn't the entire year for Heramb.

Hard to say what we'll get out of these freshman. None carry too much hype but they won't be asked to carry major minutes either. If they can simply help pitch into our bench roation I'll be fine.
10-13-2010 05:57 PM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I'm loving the coverage. It does suck about Heramb, but I think we have enough good players to help ease the loss. We're getting stacked with the new talent. I like what I hear about Turner and Dawson. Let me bring this up, with the loss of Heramb for a while, what does our lineup then look like?

I'm thinking:

PG: Dixon
SG: McConnell
SF: Anderson
PF: Cummings
C: Green

However, whatever the lineup is, I'm sure Ingle will do some mixing and matching, and we will see a good rotation of players. Obviously Markeith will get the most minutes hands down, next followed by either Spencer or Ladaris I'd guess. But, what do I know, I'm just an armchair coach.

anyone?
10-13-2010 10:10 PM
Advertisement

Corn_3024 Offline
Special Teams

Yea we'll probably try a few different things. Be very interesting to see who fill the voids of Heramb/Woods to start the year. It'll probably be McConnell at the two, and Anderson in the post.. but I wouldn't mind seeing Marine step up and grab a spot.
10-13-2010 10:18 PM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

(10-11-2010 08:11 PM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  http://ksuowls.com/news/2010/10/11/MBB_1011103709.aspx

GREAT article and interviews. I was really impressed by how well spoken our freshmen were for 18 year old kids. Especially impressed by Turner. He is a great communicator which is a great skill for a PG. I don't know if he can play or not, but sometimes good players can slip through the cracks at great high school programs, and not fully blossom until college. 11, 4, and 3 in 17 minutes a game is pretty darn impressive. I have to think that he is a possible redshirt given our two man tandem of Kelvin and Spencer at PG, but I really don't know. Ohsemen looks really jacked, and I am very excited to see what Dawson brings to the table as he has the best resume of our freshmen.

I am starting to get excited for the season.

On a side note, I was listening to the Owls radio interview with Heramb, and he confirmed that he will be out for the first semester due to grades. I had heard this from other sources, but was waiting for it to be released to the public before saying anything. This is a big blow as we lose Kurtis for the season, and Heramb until the 1st semester is over (7 or 8 games I think). At least it will give some of our young bigs a chance to play early. I think Anderson is going to be relied upon earlier than we anticipated.

The coverage that started with the Canadian trip this season has been OUTSTANDING! Last season, only the minimal coverage was given. For example quotes by Ingle in articles after a game were unheard of and non existent and I am not sure why. I am only glad that there is a fresh perspective this season. This will enhance the image of the program and give us better balance. Now we just need to do something about the website. While not the worst, it still needs work. Even Alabama State, one of our opponents this season but a school that we should be able to top image wise, has a better basketball site than we currently do.

Go figure.
10-14-2010 05:19 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
(10-14-2010 05:19 AM)Go Fly Win Owls! Wrote:  Now we just need to do something about the website. While not the worst, it still needs work. Even Alabama State, one of our opponents this season but a school that we should be able to top image wise, has a better basketball site than we currently do.

I'm not in love with our web site. I think it's too busy but it's ran on the same software and similar layout to a lot of other schools including Alabama State. (Sidearm - http://athletics.internetconsult.com/cli...tions.aspx )
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2010 08:25 AM by Nick M.)
10-14-2010 08:25 AM
Advertisement

1st String

I think starting the year there is a good chance Artie Marine might make a few starts until the staff feels comfortable that Anderson/Dawson/someone else is comfortable or proves they deserve to fill in the forward role. If Anderson is in the game though, he will be in the post, and Markeith will play the wing. Anderson is much more comfortable 15 feet and in, whereas Markeith can score from any spot.
10-14-2010 09:16 AM
Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

Anyone going to the black and gold scrimmage on Wednesday night?
10-16-2010 01:39 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
I will be there! I am pumped to see some of the new guys. Also, the coverage on the freshman and transfers is nice.
10-19-2010 11:09 PM
Advertisement

Escalade2121 Offline
2nd String

I don't expect to really learn too much tonight about our team, but like kr said, It will be nice to have a look at players like Sabic and Anderson. It hasn't sunk in yet...we're just about TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!! Hope to see a big crowd there tonight. Anyways guys, it's time to start talking it up, we're less than a month away from GT in the convocation center, just two short weeks away from the exhibition with lagrange.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2010 09:04 AM by Escalade2121.)
10-20-2010 09:03 AM
1st String

Thanks for the update Mike - that is pretty much what I would have expected. Dawson is the most well rounded recruit we brought in, and Anderson is ready to rebound and play defense. Hopefully Sabic can turn into the outside shooter with size that we need. Would be nice to have a 6'5"-6'6" guy that can really stroke it.
10-20-2010 08:57 PM
ksuowlsfan Offline
Water Engineer

The whole team looked a bit more solid - must've been hitting the weights this summer.

Anyone know why Ladaris wasn't dressed out? It wouldn't be good to start out without both Heramb and Green.
10-21-2010 09:56 AM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

(10-21-2010 09:56 AM)ksuowlsfan Wrote:  The whole team looked a bit more solid - must've been hitting the weights this summer.

Anyone know why Ladaris wasn't dressed out? It wouldn't be good to start out without both Heramb and Green.

KSU I like that ... your dedication! I only hope he learned from last year that you can't shoot 16 of 66 from the 3 point line ....
10-22-2010 06:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.