Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Nsagren Hall
bronco74 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
New Nsagren Hall
They are building a new Sangren Hall in front of the old Sangren Hall. Anyone know what they are going to do with the old one. This is long over do. Sangren was somewhat a pit when I went to WMU in 70-74.

Of course some students helped by trashing the place and writing crap all over the mens rooms walls and stalls. Maybe soc and poli sci majors are just slobs.
07-06-2010 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco68 Online
Bench Warmer

I Root For: wmu
RE: New Nsagren Hall
The front portion of the old Sangren (the large lecture halls and library) will be torn down in the coming months, while the rest of the old building will continue to be used during the two year construction period. Once the new building is complete, the remaining portion of the old will be removed and the parking lot expanded. That will set the stage for the possible construction of on campus apartments on the hill side from Sangren to the tennis courts. Three of the old dorms would then come down (Henry, Hoejke, and Bigelow). This final stage is not confirmed but it is the long term plan. This plan would provide a net increase in parking, and open up the parking so it is adjacent to the Student Center, which needs more parking around it.
07-06-2010 03:34 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Be nice if they'd tear down that eye sore married housing in the valley and move the soccer field down there.
07-06-2010 04:43 PM
Advertisement

bronco74 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(07-06-2010 04:43 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Be nice if they'd tear down that eye sore married housing in the valley and move the soccer field down there.

I heard they will tear down married housing and put a new football stadium there. They will then tear down Waldo and Hymes (and shelf baseball) and put the Med school there.
07-07-2010 07:13 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
(07-06-2010 04:43 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Be nice if they'd tear down that eye sore married housing in the valley and move the soccer field down there.

Why do you hate capitalism? Married housing doesn't bring in the bucks, luxury apartment-style dorms with East Coast rents do.
07-07-2010 07:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Wow.
Read Fieldhouse. Now Sangren. Coming or better yet going of Bigelow (B113), Hoejke and Henry halls I have many memorys. Not to mention Married Housing (W 15).

I will admit Sangren has been in decline for many a decade. As an Education degree receiver I spent many hours there. It needs to go down.
07-08-2010 08:36 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
What to do about McCracken? That place is ancient, filled with asbestos, and for all intents and purposes empty.
07-09-2010 07:23 AM
Advertisement

Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

Turn it into a bar. Put the bowling alley in there.
07-09-2010 10:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

(07-09-2010 10:31 AM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  Turn it into a bar. Put the bowling alley in there.

Best idea I've seen on here in a long time.

Brewing science 101???
07-09-2010 03:38 PM
Tommyboy Offline
1st String

Due to the asbestos the cost of tearing it down is prohibitive, the "new" section (south end?) is still being used I believe, the lecture hall and a lab for the bio-diesel are all that are being used in the main building. It will probably go the way of East Campus and get left to rot, huge eyesore in the center of campus.
07-10-2010 06:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.