Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VanDelay's MAC predictions
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
VanDelay's MAC predictions
Read it and weep. Or not. Just another opinion.

Quote:During Bill Cubit’s tenure at Western, every time this publication has picked them to finish high, they finished 5-7; and every time we’ve picked them to be sub-.500, they’ve averaged eight wins for those three seasons.

So he picks them to go.......... 5-7, 3-5 MAC. He also forgets that every time a Cubit team finishes below .500, they rebound the next year. Of course, we don't usually have to replace a record breaking QB with one of thin experience, even if that guy has the POTENTIAL to be a good one.

http://www.vandelaysports.com/football/m...0/wmu.html

See all the teams and links here.

Believe it or not, I see the away games at BSU and at Akron as the ones that can tip the season one way or another. While VD has us beating Idaho, he thinks we will lose to BSU and at Akron.
07-06-2010 12:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
RE: VanDelay's MAC predictions
IF we do have a pattern, maybe Carder's first year will be as good as Hiller's first year as starting QB? Hopefully his knee won't explode against NIU like Hiller's did though.
07-06-2010 07:03 PM
wmu2012 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Western Michiga
That is one thing about Carder I'm looking forward to in more mobility. Hiller didn't play nearly as good last year with 2 injured knees giving him less time to throw the ball and inexperienced WR's these players are all back which will help.
07-06-2010 11:06 PM
Advertisement

Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

Got to remember this is college sports.

Someone always has to step up. You don't get continuity like the pro's, one guy coming back for sometimes 6-10 years.

Every college QB at some point has to step forward and be the guy. This year, right now at least, it looks like Carder is the guy. He'll do fine.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2010 07:26 AM by Dirty Ernie.)
07-07-2010 07:25 AM
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

(07-07-2010 07:25 AM)Dirty Ernie Wrote:  Got to remember this is college sports.

Someone always has to step up. You don't get continuity like the pro's, one guy coming back for sometimes 6-10 years.

Every college QB at some point has to step forward and be the guy. This year, right now at least, it looks like Carder is the guy. He'll do fine.

Agreed. Every year or two, I think "what is the football/basketball team going to do without ______?" Somebody comes up to fill the void. Maybe they'll go about things in a different way, but they'll get it done.
07-07-2010 09:54 AM
Advertisement

GEORGEWINS Offline
Special Teams

Vandelay might be a nice guy, and I know he's a big MAC supporter, but he's an amateur.
07-08-2010 04:48 AM
wmu2012 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Western Michiga
I believe that WMU will win at least 1 or 2 conference road games. Reason is that Akron isn't great Ball State is not very good also and hopefully WMU can win at Bowling Green and we are in a Bowl game. Idaho will be tough though and I'm definately not counting this as a definate win.

Definate W
Toledo- WMU has had a lot of success against them and being at home again where WMU has been good will be a Win.
Nicolls State- I don't think this will even be a close game.
Eastern Michigan- They didn't win a single game this should be a win.
Kent State- WMU has had an easier time against East Division opponents and I expect WMU to win.
Win if WMU plays well
Bowling Green- This maybe a must win to make a bowl and they are a beatable team.
Akron- WMU plays well I expect that WMU can keep up and possibly win.
Loss but WMU has a shot
NIU- After how WMU played last year with Hiller I think home field will help but I don't think WMU will win.
CMU- WMU needs to prove they can beat CMU and it's on thier field. But they lost some key players which if WMU plays well can still win.
ND- They lost so many key players WMU definately has a shot.
Loss
MSU- WMU got destroyed there last year with Hiller and West, without them I don't see WMU pulling it out.

WMU must win all of the should win games both the games WMU has a shot and 1 of the games I would pick against WMU but the talent on the other team isn't so much better that WMU will lose but I don't expect WMU to get blown out.
07-08-2010 12:06 PM
Advertisement

chipfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(07-08-2010 12:06 PM)wmu2012 Wrote:  Loss but WMU has a shot
NIU- After how WMU played last year with Hiller I think home field will help but I don't think WMU will win.
CMU- WMU needs to prove they can beat CMU and it's on thier field. But they lost some key players which if WMU plays well can still win.

True enough on the CMU matchup, but by the time the game rolls around, the players filling the key positions will have gained a good bit of experience. Both teams will have untested QB's, question marks at RB, and it may come down to which defense can take control of the game. Yikes! A CMU vs WMU game decided on defense. 02-13-banana
07-08-2010 01:08 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(07-08-2010 01:08 PM)chipfan Wrote:  
(07-08-2010 12:06 PM)wmu2012 Wrote:  Loss but WMU has a shot

True enough on the CMU matchup, but by the time the game rolls around, the players filling the key positions will have gained a good bit of experience. Both teams will have untested QB's, question marks at RB, and it may come down to which defense can take control of the game. Yikes! A CMU vs WMU game decided on defense. 02-13-banana

That CMU game last year was just devestating. I was SO mad afterwards. The day started off perfectly in the KCMS parking lot. Great tailgating, beauiful fall day. Then, the temps dropped, and so did our coverage. 03-puke
07-08-2010 08:18 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-08-2010 04:48 AM)GEORGEWINS Wrote:  Vandelay might be a nice guy, and I know he's a big MAC supporter, but he's an amateur.

He's such an amateur, he writes for Athlon.
07-10-2010 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.