Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

N. Korea sinks S. Korean Ship and U.S. will do nothing.
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
N. Korea sinks S. Korean Ship and U.S. will do nothing.
Obama is a wussy. N Korea torpedos a S. Korean warship 46 die and we do nothing.

Our enemies are laughing at us. Next Obama will apologize for something to the N. Koreans.
05-20-2010 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
RE: N. Korea sinks S. Korean Ship and U.S. will do nothing.
Why should we do something? That's the first thing that popped into my mind.

The second thing: Is this an attempt by North Korea into provoking us? I don't know.
05-20-2010 07:12 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2010 07:12 PM)OZoner Wrote:  Why should we do something? That's the first thing that popped into my mind.

The second thing: Is this an attempt by North Korea into provoking us? I don't know.

They attacked a South Korean ship. This is an act of War.
05-20-2010 07:28 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
you wag your finger at the way the gov't spends its money. the u.s. is currently occupying iraq, and fighting a war in afghanistan. i'm pretty sure the military resources are stretched out and a war w/ NK (really china) is the last thing we need.
05-20-2010 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
North Korea said any retaliation will lead to a "total war". Is it better to be trigger happy and shoot blindly into a bee hive? Or wait it out and see if there are other options that can be done? The last thing the U.S. wants to do is wage another war against another country. 3 wars would kill a lot of people and cost a lot of money. Let's try to figure out Iraq and Afghanistan before we rush into anything, or we might end up in a quagmire.....like Iraq and Afghanistan.
05-20-2010 09:55 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-20-2010 06:42 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Obama is a wussy. N Korea torpedos a S. Korean warship 46 die and we do nothing.

Our enemies are laughing at us. Next Obama will apologize for something to the N. Koreans.

wow.
05-20-2010 10:17 PM
Advertisement

JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
(05-20-2010 07:28 PM)klake87 Wrote:  
(05-20-2010 07:12 PM)OZoner Wrote:  Why should we do something? That's the first thing that popped into my mind.

So... shouldn't South Korea declare war?
05-20-2010 10:38 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2010 10:38 PM)OZoner Wrote:  

The U.S won't allow them.

I know that these are "only" S. Korean soldiers and the should not defend themselves because we say so.

I am happy that we will not attack. We do not fight wars we act as police. Wars are meant to be won. We have no intention of winning a war.
05-21-2010 07:45 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(05-21-2010 07:45 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

I know that these are "only" S. Korean soldiers and the should not defend themselves because we say so.

I am happy that we will not attack. We do not fight wars we act as police. Wars are meant to be won. We have no intention of winning a war.

Very true. If we wanted to win the war against the terrorists and their supporters, we could have easily done it and saved thousands of American lives. But, we are too concerned about protecting every Iraqi and Afghan citizen - citizens that the terrorists literally hide behind. In addition, we know where the terrorists are and have the capability to flatten the mountains on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border like ant hills, but we will not do it. This war will not be won. And, by playing the pussyfoot war games we are playing, thousands more American lives will be lost. I'm sure our war "strategy" strikes fear in the hearts of the terrorists!
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2010 08:12 AM by Dog Fan.)
05-21-2010 08:10 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
So Klake.. reading your last two "Whine about Obama" threads,

Mexico complains about & interferes with an American policy that directly effects it's own people, unacceptable.
America does not complain or interfere with another countries problem that does not effect us directly, unacceptable.

Spending money on saving Americans and giving them affordable health care, unacceptable.
Spending money on a war that has nothing to do with us on the other side of the world, acceptable.

I mean just yesterday you are complaining about spending money we don't have. Now you want to start a war on the other side of the globe against a pathetic country that has nothing to do with us. You ***** and moan constantly about having no money for schools and taxes being too high, but yet it's fine to waste money on a war with North Korea? Really?
05-21-2010 08:22 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(05-20-2010 06:42 PM)klake87 Wrote:  Obama is a wussy. N Korea torpedos a S. Korean warship 46 die and we do nothing.

I predict that he will give a speech addressing the issue, and in the speech he will say something about both sides coming together and finding common ground.

I totally agree. Fight wars to win them, and get a formal declaration from Congress, as certain two-faced politicians on the left side of the isle have been known to wimp out when things get tough.

Since people alum03 and 84 do not like the US occupying other countries, let South Korea declare war.

One more thing. The Constitution does advocate spending for national defense, but not for nanny-state health care.
05-21-2010 09:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

It's not defense when you go across the world and fight someone else's war.
05-21-2010 09:05 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-21-2010 09:05 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  It's not defense when you go across the world and fight someone else's war.

So then you are in favor of the war against the Muslim terrorists? Remember, that's our war since they attacked us.
05-21-2010 09:10 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

Against Afghanistan and the Taliban yes.. what does that have to do with N. Korea? Just like Obama, who has put in a troop surge there. But you probably wouldn't acknowledge that I guess.
05-21-2010 09:15 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-21-2010 09:15 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Against Afghanistan and the Taliban yes.. what does that have to do with N. Korea? Just like Obama, who has put in a troop surge there. But you probably wouldn't acknowledge that I guess.

Glad you are with us on Afghanistan, the Taliban, and I assume Al Queda. I figured you to be anti-war like Robert.

A troop surge is great if you go in there to win the war. I am not convinced that that's our agenda. And, I said the same thing under Bush.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2010 09:20 AM by Dog Fan.)
05-21-2010 09:19 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(05-21-2010 09:10 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  So then you are in favor of the war against the Muslim terrorists? Remember, that's our war since they attacked us.

Muslim terrorist who intend to attack the US? Sure. Problem is, I wouldn't doubt if we've killed more Iraqi soldiers (who had nothing to do with 9/11) and civilians than actual terrorists.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2010 09:20 AM by armour248.)
05-21-2010 09:19 AM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

+1 Armour.
05-21-2010 09:26 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-21-2010 09:19 AM)armour248 Wrote:  
(05-21-2010 09:10 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  So then you are in favor of the war against the Muslim terrorists? Remember, that's our war since they attacked us.

Muslim terrorist who intend to attack the US? Sure. Problem is, I wouldn't doubt if we've killed more Iraqi soldiers (who had nothing to do with 9/11) and civilians than actual terrorists.

Part of the cost of war, my friend. I'm sure the Muslim terrorists killed fellow Muslims in the WTC (as well as in their other attacks). While our goal should never be to kill innocent civilians, it is almost impossible not to when the terrorists put them in harm's way. We need to do what it takes to finish this war and get our troops back. Protecting Afghan, Pakistani, and Iraqi citizens at the expense of our troops conveys the message that the lives of those citizens are worth more than the lives of our soldiers.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2010 09:42 AM by Dog Fan.)
05-21-2010 09:35 AM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU

Thanks for that insightful commentary General Patton!03-lmfao
05-21-2010 09:38 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

DF that is not part of the cost of war. The Iraq war had nothing to do with Al Queda.
05-21-2010 09:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.