Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Deficit/Debt Reduction Does not mean RAISING Taxes!!!
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Deficit/Debt Reduction Does not mean RAISING Taxes!!!
Spending cuts must come from either Medicare and SSI, OR all other programs including defense. I'd venture a guess the only area Obama would be willing to cut is defense.

Quote:President Obama said Tuesday that "everything has to be on the table" as his newly appointed debt commission goes to work, but he would not entertain questions about whether tax increases, included a value-added tax, or spending cuts will get serious consideration.

There will be tax increases aplenty before the dust settles, because this guy won't cut spending that rewards his entourage. One thing is for sure Obama had better get HIS deficit under control or the US will suffer the same fate as Greece and Portugal.

For the extremists aka Liberals it is HIS deficit, while he started with ā€œWā€™sā€ instead of taking action to reduce the deficit Obama doubled down so he owns the whole mess now.

Find as many taxes to raise or invent as possible

If only Barry hadn't increased spending blindly he could have kept his campaign promise.

Quote:In advance of the meeting, the administration has faced questions about whether one of candidate Barack Obama's definitive pledges -- not to raise taxes on families earning $250,000 or less -- is at risk.

Obama's answer "Well Duh!"

Campaign Promise At Risk, White House Targets "Media Games"

The great thing is the new Obamacare entitlement program will bring down the deficit based on Obama, Reid, and Pelosi's statements, but there is that pesky DHHS study saying it will actually INCREASE the deficit.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2010 05:32 AM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
04-28-2010 05:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
RE: Deficit/Debt Reduction Does not mean RAISING Taxes!!!
It's easy to spend other peoples money. Obama and company have made careers of it.
04-28-2010 08:22 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
03-zzz More of the same bull**** from the same wingnuts. It is all Obama's fault.
04-28-2010 11:36 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
Obama is setting it up to say, "No, I didn't raise your taxes, the commission did. It's not MY fault."

That, of course, completely ignores the fact that he (with a not inconsiderable assist from my third-least-favorite president, GWB) created the situation that required the creation of the commission and forced tax increases as the only real way to solve the problem.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2010 11:42 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
04-28-2010 11:40 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-28-2010 11:40 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Obama is setting it up to say, "No, I didn't raise your taxes, the commission did. It's not MY fault."

That, of course, completely ignores the fact that he (with a not inconsiderable assist from my third-least-favorite president, GWB) created the situation that required the creation of the commission and forced tax increases as the only real way to solve the problem.
You forgot your favorite Ronald Raygun.
04-28-2010 11:46 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
Drastically reduce spending on the following:

1. Department of Education - Keep decision-making at the state and local levels.
2. Department of Agriculture - Subsidies artificially screw with supply and benefit only the large farms while hindering small ones
3. Department of Defense - I'm only referring to closing some of the bases we have operating around the world
4. Foreign aid - Completely eliminate aside from exceptional disasters (tsunami, Haiti, etc.). Charity and religious organizations should handle the rest.
5. Department of Housing and Urban Development
6. The Federal Communications Commission
7. The 'War on Drugs'

There are many other departments, grants, subsidies, programs, etc, that aren't as well-known, but are even less needed, that can be reduced or dropped entirely.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2010 12:00 PM by Motown Bronco.)
04-28-2010 11:59 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(04-28-2010 11:59 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  Drastically reduce spending on the following:

1. Department of Education - Keep decision-making at the state and local levels.
2. Department of Agriculture - Subsidies artificially screw with supply and benefit only the large farms while hindering small ones
3. Department of Defense - I'm only referring to closing some of the bases we have operating around the world
4. Foreign aid - Completely eliminate aside from exceptional disasters (tsunami, Haiti, etc.). Charity and religious organizations should handle the rest.
5. Department of Housing and Urban Development
6. The Federal Communications Commission
7. The 'War on Drugs'

There are many other departments, grants, subsidies, programs, etc, that aren't as well-known, but are even less needed, that can be reduced or dropped entirely.
1. So what you are saying is that you want to pay more taxes for local/state taxes and less from federal.
2. I saw a farmer with a "Hopey, Changey" bumper sticker. Guess he doesn't realize it is the righties that want to hurt his pocket book.
3. I agree in cutting defens. I would just go a bit deeper than closing bases. Btw, if we close thesse bases, where are we going to house the soldiers that come home? We would have to build on the current bases or build new ones. How much will we really save?
4. I am good with cutting foreign aid. THis does include aid to Israel.
5. So you want to cut low income housing at a time where it is needed more and more as wages fall? Ok. I guess cardboard boxes in alleys will make for a pleasant place to stay.
6. Is there really much of a saving getting rid of or cutting the budget of this department?
7. Agree with you here.
04-28-2010 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.