Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congratulation to Coach Huggins and WVU for advancing to the Final Four!
Bookmark and Share
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Congratulation to Coach Huggins and WVU for advancing to the Final Four!
Well...

How about that!

He beats a higher seed for the 2nd time in 4 years
He beats UK
He gets to the Final Four
He does it without his starting PG
He's 10-1 against Calipari
He's 2 wins away from the NC
31 wins in a single season...I think that's a record for WVU, and for Bob.

This was just like watching a UC/Memphis game from 8 years ago...Calipari is all about offense and raw talent. Bob is all about defense and ball control.

Love that 1-3-1 zone...same thing he used to beat Marquette when they had DWade. Also....how did you like the testicle punch from Cousins? Didn't that remind you of the shot Bobbit took in that same C-USA championship when they beat DePaul?

Up next? Probably Duke...and we know that Bob owns coach K...if they show Levett's dunk from the Great Alaska shootout...I'll be in 7th heaven.

Guys...if he wins it all...just learn to say it with me in unison:

"Nancy Zimpher threw away a national championship...on purpose"

In fact...let's rent that and fly it from a banner over the city...I'll chip in...

03-27-2010 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
RE: Congratulation to Coach Huggins and WVU for advancing to the Final Four!
The man is a winner. He has actually performed better since getting to WVU which makes me believe he needed a change of scenery more than UC did.

03-27-2010 08:57 PM
mrstealz012 Offline
1st String

CONGRATS TO COACH HUGGINS ON HIS RETURN TO THE FINAL 4!

It was hard, but I put my hatred for all things WVU aside to cheer for the lesser of two evils over UK. I admit it was a lot easier to root for Huggs when he was in Manhattan, KS. Can't stand the fact that he of all people heads that program.

Can you imagine the accumulation of missing teeth in Syracuse during the game tonight between the bluenecks and hilljacks? Probably had dentists hanging around every entrance with $ for eyeballs wanting a piece of that potential goldmine... 02-13-banana

03-27-2010 09:04 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(03-27-2010 08:47 PM)converrl Wrote:  Guys...if he wins it all...just learn to say it with me in unison:

In fact...let's rent that and fly it from a banner over the city...I'll chip in...

UC does offer courses in logic. Still time to register for one for spring quarter.

03-27-2010 09:05 PM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-27-2010 09:05 PM)subflea Wrote:  UC does offer courses in logic. Still time to register for one for spring quarter.

Not necessary...the logic is pretty solid. If Bob were still here...it would be UC's national championship. Plain and simple.

S'OK...we've got...Mick Cronin....

whatever.

03-27-2010 09:12 PM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-27-2010 08:57 PM)Billy_Bearcat Wrote:  The man is a winner. He has actually performed better since getting to WVU which makes me believe he needed a change of scenery more than UC did.

He's working with some better material now in terms of administrative support, fan support, level of recruit, and so on. He always had the coaching chops. It's just such a shame he didn't get the chance to haul in BEAST recruits and add his coaching acumen to the more talented recruits the BEAST would have brought him here. We'd be hanging NC banners in the Shoe right now.

Would have been awesome.

03-27-2010 09:17 PM
Advertisement

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

Yes, because the players would be the same, his staff would be the same, the seeding would have been the same, etc.

That logic is ridiculous.

03-27-2010 09:18 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
(03-27-2010 09:18 PM)subflea Wrote:  Yes, because the players would be the same, his staff would be the same, the seeding would have been the same, etc.

I realize this must really eat at you given your transparent disdain for Huggins but can't you put it aside for one day and be happy for a guy who did way more good than bad for UC? Plus he knocked UK out of the tourney which is a good thing any way you cut it.

03-27-2010 09:26 PM
BringBackthe Glory Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcat Nation
(03-27-2010 08:47 PM)converrl Wrote:  Well...

How about that!

He beats a higher seed for the 2nd time in 4 years
He beats UK
He gets to the Final Four
He does it without his starting PG
He's 10-1 against Calipari
He's 2 wins away from the NC
31 wins in a single season...I think that's a record for WVU, and for Bob.

This was just like watching a UC/Memphis game from 8 years ago...Calipari is all about offense and raw talent. Bob is all about defense and ball control.

Love that 1-3-1 zone...same thing he used to beat Marquette when they had DWade. Also....how did you like the testicle punch from Cousins? Didn't that remind you of the shot Bobbit took in that same C-USA championship when they beat DePaul?

Up next? Probably Duke...and we know that Bob owns coach K...if they show Levett's dunk from the Great Alaska shootout...I'll be in 7th heaven.

Guys...if he wins it all...just learn to say it with me in unison:

Ha Ha Ha04-cheers - that tool deleted my thread....lol. I swear I could make money from some of the guys in here.04-rock

Like taking candy from a baby and that is what he is. It's sucks too be wrong eh? Numerous PM's and emails have told me this. It'll be OK03-hissyfit

03-27-2010 09:26 PM
mrstealz012 Offline
1st String

(03-27-2010 09:12 PM)converrl Wrote:  
(03-27-2010 09:05 PM)subflea Wrote:  UC does offer courses in logic. Still time to register for one for spring quarter.

Not necessary...the logic is pretty solid. If Bob were still here...it would be UC's national championship. Plain and simple.

No, looks like Sub's right. It sounds like you do need a logic course, if you actually believe the above to be true. You're speaking in absolutes when there are way too many variables involved. Mathematics' transitive property (a=b, b=c, so a=c) doesn't apply in this case. Huggins success at WVU doesn't directly transfer to UC if he were still here. Doesn't work that way, dude...

03-27-2010 09:27 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
I am also a firm believer that UC sacrificed at least one National title when they got rid of Huggs and multiple Big East titles. Huggs had an incredible run of bad luck in the tournament, but a coach as excellent as him is bound to break through eventually. (especially with the increased recruiting ability by being in the Big East).

Maybe this will be the year for him. I'd love to see it. He deserves it... it would be the exclamation point on a Hall of Fame career.

03-27-2010 09:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kenyon#4 Away
Retired

I Root For: Bearcats
Mixed feelings. So happy for Huggs, he's back in the final four, and he beat UK to get there.

On the other hand, it makes me sick to think of what might have been, especially with the current load of $hit we have on the court these days.

03-27-2010 09:30 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

(03-27-2010 09:26 PM)Murph29 Wrote:  
(03-27-2010 09:18 PM)subflea Wrote:  Yes, because the players would be the same, his staff would be the same, the seeding would have been the same, etc.

I realize this must really eat at you given your transparent disdain for Huggins but can't you put it aside for one day and be happy for a guy who did way more good than bad for UC? Plus he knocked UK out of the tourney which is a good thing any way you cut it.

I am happy for him. No where tonight have I said otherwise. I have said before though that it would be a lot easier to root for him if he was not at a conference foe. I hate WVU and therefore can not root for them.

I just think it is ridiculous to think that if Huggs wins a national title this year that somehow that it is a title that would be ours had he not been forced out of here.

03-27-2010 09:31 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2010 08:47 PM)converrl Wrote:  Guys...if he wins it all...just learn to say it with me in unison:

To me its not about being bitter that he left which it appears to be entirely about for you. He's long gone. Its more about being happy for a former Bearcat like we would if Kenyon Martin won an NBA title or some other coach like Frank Martin did well. He was one of us. Hell he personified UC and created the program that brought us so much fun for 16 years. So we can be happy for him without being bitter or ridiculous.

03-27-2010 09:32 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

(03-27-2010 09:26 PM)BringBackthe Glory Wrote:  Ha Ha Ha04-cheers - that tool deleted my thread....lol. I swear I could make money from some of the guys in here.04-rock

Who deleted your thread?

03-27-2010 09:33 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

(03-27-2010 09:31 PM)subflea Wrote:  

I am happy for him. No where tonight have I said otherwise. I have said before though that it would be a lot easier to root for him if he was not at a conference foe. I hate WVU and therefore can not root for them.

I just think it is ridiculous to think that if Huggs wins a national title this year that somehow that it is a title that would be ours had he not been forced out of here.

You are right. That is utterly ridiculous. Its a mix of players, programs, schedule and LUCK that get a team to the final four. There's no guarantee any of that would've happened here had he stayed. I agree with you on that fully. I do think we'd be in a heck of a better position than we are now had he stayed though. Anyway, the past is the past. My only point is that he's a great coach and someone we as UC fans should be happy for. Their fans are douches but every program has a good quotient of those types including our own.

03-27-2010 09:35 PM
Advertisement

BringBackthe Glory Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcat Nation

You know it does Murph...lol...he deleted my thread right away - I told my wife "watch this" - <sigh> Simplistic people who try to act anything but simplistic, that's OK, I copied and pasted the thread before I hit the send button. <snicker> You ain't always right pal.03-nutkick

03-27-2010 09:37 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

That quotient is much, much higher at WVU.

Funny that a fanbase that hated the physical style of basketball just a few years ago is in love with it now. I remember them saying that Beilein's jump shooting offense was "the way basketball was meant to be played".

converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
(03-27-2010 09:04 PM)mrstealz012 Wrote:  Can you imagine the accumulation of missing teeth in Syracuse during the game tonight between the bluenecks and hilljacks? Probably had dentists hanging around every entrance with $ for eyeballs wanting a piece of that potential goldmine... 02-13-banana

Hey--nothing wrong with the hill folk...they just lead a different lifestyle. To be honest, I have less of a problem with them than I do with effete, pinheaded "intellectuals".

At least the hill folk are honest about what they believe and what they do...no pretension or arrogance.

I prefer that in people.

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

(03-27-2010 09:37 PM)BringBackthe Glory Wrote:  

You know it does Murph...lol...he deleted my thread right away - I told my wife "watch this" - <sigh> Simplistic people who try to act anything but simplistic, that's OK, I copied and pasted the thread before I hit the send button. <snicker> You ain't always right pal.03-nutkick

I did not delete any thread. If you want to make accusations like that you better have more to back it up than just a hunch.

03-27-2010 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.