Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How many wins for next season?
WMU69 Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
How many wins for next season?
Im thinking along the lines of 10 wins. i think incoming freshman Howard is going to make a serious impact. Flenard will be better and hopefully David Brown will continue to improve.

Prediction 10 wins. 4th place in Mac West
03-12-2010 09:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: How many wins for next season?
2 - maybe if we're lucky. We get both CMU and EMU at home and both lose almost as much as we do (more bodies = same production of a DK).
03-12-2010 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
NIU and BSU return a lot of players.

I think our season comes down to Dave Brown's development at the 2, and finding a combo PG such as Ward, White, Wolf, or Harper. I don't think we lose much in the middle. Conteh, Whittington, or a JC center will be an adequate replacement for DL.

4 spot is solid, and the three should be improved with Ward, Howard, and possibly Hutch.

Depends on the OOC schedule, but I'd guess 12 wins, and a run at the MAC West.
03-12-2010 09:42 PM
BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
So, in otherwords, tonight was our shot. We had them. Grab a fricking defensive rebound.
03-12-2010 09:55 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(03-12-2010 09:55 PM)BroncoBen Wrote:  So, in otherwords, tonight was our shot. We had them. Grab a fricking defensive rebound.

That's how I see it, but Hawk saw us as a young team with potential. I think that's how he'll always see it until we field an all star team like 2002. Donawald got the NCAA and grabbed a win, and that team wasn't a whole lot different in terms of talent and veterans than this one.
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2010 10:00 PM by Chipdip.)
03-12-2010 09:59 PM
BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
Dip-I'm going on Sunday to the selection show at Oakland University. They put out such a good spread, plus they have a new jumbotron scoreboard-where at 6:00P.M.-everybody is going to be watching who they will play. There going into the tournament with 11 straight wins-a school record. How can a commuter school be able to do this? In fact, people are already saying if they're a 13 or 14 seed-this is your possible 1st round upset-that will jack up everybody's bracket.
03-12-2010 10:06 PM
Advertisement

Flashboski Offline
1st String

My guess is 8 wins.
03-12-2010 10:25 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
I think it helps that the Summit league is weak. Oral, IUPU, and Oakland are about all they have. I guarantee you if Oakland played in the MAC they wouldn't come close to 16-1. Butler might, but not Oakland.

In high school Nelson was a 6'4" forward and the 3rd best player on his team. He did a year of prep school and matured physically and is a good player. Amazingly Benson didn't get much play from anyone. But like a lot of bigs, he developed late, and boy did he develop. Benson would probably be the top center in the MAC. Jones was a good guard in high school who blew up late in his senior season. However, I don't see Jones as being a great player in the MAC. Certainly not in a league with Kool, Bassett, Hayes, or Medlock.

Kampe's also great at getting solid transfers, and Wright was a guy we really coveted in high school. That's four scorers...............vs. our 1.5.
03-12-2010 10:25 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Not just WMU, but the MAC West has been in a cold spell for what seems like 5+ years now. If the MAC West was its own conference, we'd be among Div I's bottom feeders.

Quote:In fact, people are already saying if they're a 13 or 14 seed-this is your possible 1st round upset-that will jack up everybody's bracket.

I think Oakland will get killed in the first round.
03-12-2010 10:27 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:How many wins for next season?

With our 1-man team departing, our win total will probably be halved. So, 9 or 10 wins sounds about right.
03-12-2010 10:28 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Hawk's going to have to get out of the easy chair he's been in for the last four years, and coach'em up.
03-12-2010 10:31 PM
Advertisement

JBStemp5 Offline
2nd String

If Hawkins stops using these excuses he always has and puts blame on his mistakes or players mistakes, hold everybody accountable and really develops Brown, Flen, Hutchenson, Ward, CONTEH!!!!! it could make WMU a force next year. with incoming Juwaun Howard Jr. who i was fortunate enough to see play against Kalamazoo Central, and kennis white who I hear is a good gaurd player, i think we could be good.

Yes, Kool-less, but this season, thats all it was kool had the ball. Now with Kool gone, it will open up whitfield, brown, hutchenson, e.t.c. to more touches.

I'm going to miss Kool, so so much, amazing player, could be a good role player in the NBA. but with someone with that talent, that much ability, that much leadership, desire, pride, and you cant win within the 4 years with him. someone has to take the fall........Hawkins. recruiting lawson turned out to be the worst idea, once reitz left and lawson took over i knew we were not going to be good.

Next year:
if everything goes well in offseason

20-10
upset at home over Illinois
mac West champs

I say this because of how balanced they will be...whitfield, hutchenson, brown, ward, maybe douglas, conteh i think has great upside. Yes, i know, i sound like a homer. but in that magical 2003-04 season, they were predicted to be not even close to where they ended up. coaches in the media day were jokingly saying listening to WMU is going to be pointless.

If WMU does nothing next year, I say hawkins should be on the hot seat.
03-13-2010 12:28 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I'm thinking about 14 wins if Whitfield and Brown develop over the summer. Maybe a tie for the West Championship, but probably about 3rd.
03-13-2010 08:06 AM
Broncoboogie Offline
1st String

(03-12-2010 10:31 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Hawk's going to have to get out of the easy chair he's been in for the last four years, and coach'em up.
You got that right???!!! Poor low post D, and Broncos will continue to be very poor shooting team from beyond arc. 12 wins in weak MAC West
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 03:15 PM by Broncoboogie.)
03-13-2010 10:36 AM
jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
Well, if you ever hope for a WMU true freshman to have any type of role on the team, then you are in trouble.
03-13-2010 10:43 AM
KazooChip1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: CMU and UofM
The biggest difference now as opposed to past teams is that there was always that 2nd or 3rd guy to step in the next year....From Robbie Collum, to Mike Williams, to Ben Reed and Anthony Kan, to Joe Reitz to David Kool. There were always top players lost, but always another in the wings that was counted on the previous season to take over the load.....

This year that team was David Kool and 6 other guys that could never be fully counted on. Personally, I was impressed with Whitfields ability to score in the post the last part of the season. That might be something to build on. But beyond that, there isnt anyone that jumps out and makes me think they can take over as the leader like DK was...

8-10 wins.
03-13-2010 03:25 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
I predict CMU will go 0-18 in the MAC next year and tie their previous record for the worst team in MAC history.
03-13-2010 03:51 PM
bronco5 Offline
Banned

I Root For: GATechSwagger
9.75 wins.
03-13-2010 03:53 PM
steer Offline
1st String

Way too early. 03-banghead
03-13-2010 04:21 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(03-13-2010 03:51 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  I predict CMU will go 0-18 in the MAC next year and tie their previous record for the worst team in MAC history.

No seriously, I'm not kidding. I think CMU will make this years Toledo team look like UCLA. There's not an ounce of talent left on that team, and EZ knows it. He's got a good class coming in, but no one who will light it up early. I look forward to Collin Voss sitting there wondering, when can I transfer to the football team.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if EZ left Pee this year (back to UCLA for example) and took junior with him.
03-13-2010 04:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.