Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SBC Freshmen
Bookmark and Share
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
SBC Freshmen
This seems like the best year I can recall for impact freshman in SBC men's basketball. Let's have everyone post some information about their top one or two.
Here goes for USA:
Martino Brock has been a huge part of this year's team. The 6'6 200lb SG/SF has started 26 of 27 games and is averaging 12.3 points and 6.9 rebounds per game. He is a very athletic defender, getting almost two steals per outing. The most impressive thing to me is the way he has improved his ball-handling and outside shooting throughout the course of the year. Should be an all-conference level player every year.
To a lesser extent SF/PF Javier Carter has been a nice addition as well. He only plays about 14 minutes a game, but averages 3.5 points and 3.3 rebounds with about .5 steals and .7 blocks per game in that limited action. Once he adds a little more wieght to that 6'8" frame he shoudl be very effective.
One extra note: The Jags are redshirting two post players this year who they are expecting to have an impact in 2010-2011 - Augustine Rubit and Andre Gowins.
02-18-2010 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: SBC Freshmen
  • James Gallman 5'11" 190-lb Guard
Averaging 6.7 points in the Belt. Our #2 guy as far as treys go. Playing about 23 minutes per game, and getting better as the season goes along. I attribute some of that to increased playing time earlier in the year with other players having injuries. Led the team in scoring 3 times this season.
  • J.T. Sulton 6'7" 205-lb Forward
Long and lean, very athletic. Reminds me of one of the leapers at WKU, but has yet to get his handle on the alley-oops. Has started more than half of our SBC games, and is currently a starter. He's our second leading rebounder with just over 4 a game. He's prone to foul trouble, but gives us a lot of relief for Yates when Boogie's knee isn't holding up. High rebounder half a dozen times. He is shooting 50% from the field. He will most likely be a full-time starter in 2010-11.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 11:54 AM by KAjunRaider.)
02-18-2010 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
RE: SBC Freshmen
Caden "Legend" Dickerson has been by far our best freshman. He is Anthony Winchester with better ball handling skills. Thanks UNT!

Crook is going to be a good one. He is a good size for a point guard and is lightning quick when he pushes it.

Swing has only had limited playing time (due to him still leaning defense as freshmen are oft to do) but I think he is going to be a stud. When he is on his shot is sweet and he has a nice deceptive move to the basket that would be nice to see him develop.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 07:11 PM by Hilltopper2K.)
02-19-2010 07:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.