Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

F'n Golden!!!
Bookmark and Share
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
F'n Golden!!!
Is that what Mike Madigan said over the week end? He now gets to pickt he LT. Gov now that Scott Lee Cohen has stepped aside.

Why do we even have primaries anymore.

This is a travesty.

Will Illinois ever stop being the joke of the nation.
02-08-2010 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
RE: F'n Golden!!!
nope...corrupt, inept and everything in between. if there will be real change, then the citizens of illinois need to rise up more than simply voting and put real pressure on the politicians. otherwise nothing will change
02-08-2010 09:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
If you don't know the difference between Michael Madigan (old fashioned power-centric politician and supreme strategist) and Blagojevich (goal: exploit office for financial gain), you don't know Illinois politics.
02-08-2010 09:35 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(02-08-2010 09:35 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  If you don't know the difference between Michael Madigan (old fashioned power-centric politician and supreme strategist) and Blagojevich (goal: exploit office for financial gain), you don't know Illinois politics.

It is all about power and money. There is not a big difference except Blago got caught.
02-08-2010 11:07 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Madigan has stuffed his pockets for years, to imply otherwise is RIDICULOUS.
02-08-2010 12:03 PM
Advertisement

cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
...and George Ryan and Paul Powell of shoe box fame didn't?
Some have short term memory selection.

It's a long standing disase commonplace in either party among many of those who serve at the public trough any extended period.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 04:45 PM by cyberdawg.)
02-08-2010 04:45 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
The majority of people in Illinois are very stupid people.

We vote them in and keep them in, right? Not me personally, but the majority sure does.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2010 08:28 PM by prairiedawg.)
02-08-2010 08:27 PM
Advertisement

Kevin S Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
It's to bad Scott Lee Cohen had to resign. If he was as proficient at taking a knife to the state budget as he was to taking a knife to his hooker girlfriend, he would have my vote! 04-rock
02-08-2010 10:45 PM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
My jaded guess is Madison and Dem shakers will buy out Cohen's personal debt invested in his shipwrecked campaign using money transferred a few days before reporting day deadline from other campaign funds.
02-08-2010 11:27 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
All the damn politicians are f'ing criminals. I should know because I used to work for a prominent one who was tied to many others. Oh, the stories I could tell (including some about candidates in the recent primary)! I'm sure the press would LOVE to hear some of the things I know. They all have their hands in the till to feed their pockets and the pockets of their friends and relatives. If I ever saw one of them near death in the street, I'd pay to be the first to finish the job.
02-10-2010 08:50 AM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
(02-08-2010 04:45 PM)cyberdawg Wrote:  ...and George Ryan and Paul Powell of shoe box fame didn't?
Some have short term memory selection.

It's a long standing disase commonplace in either party among many of those who serve at the public trough any extended period.

Let's now forget former Attorney General Bill Scott who got caught with his hands in the cookie jar also. Too many elected officials from both parties in this state caught in taking bribes or raking in $ "legally" because our state campaign finance laws are almost toothless.

Will be interesting to see who is on the ticket for the Lt Gov's race. Really it's a post that should be eliminated, doesn't serve any defined role or purpose besides a pinch hitter for the governor
02-10-2010 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.