Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OLman recruit Connor Kruse left SOL.
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
OLman recruit Connor Kruse left SOL.
Had an offer from WMU and sat on it. You have to chit or get off the pot, son!
02-03-2010 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
RE: OLman recruit Connor Kruse left SOL.
Well Phil, there are offers..........and there are OFFERS. He had an early offer, but it wasn't an OFFER. That help? 03-confused
02-03-2010 09:01 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Put a cork in it, don't step on my cliche's!

03-nutkick
02-03-2010 09:25 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
From what I've read, Kruse had plenty of MAC offers but wanted to walk on at MSU rather than take a full ride to any of the "lowly" MAC offers.

Per Detroit News article:

Quote: Coonor Kruse, a 6-5, 315-pound offensive tackle from Lowell and a member of The Detroit News Dream Team, also will attend MSU, but as a preferred walk-on. Lowell coach Noel Dean said Kruse had received scholarship offers from a few schools in the Mid-American Conference but decided to attend MSU.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detnews.com/article/20100202/...z0eXMHr1Pn
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2010 11:11 PM by eich41.)
02-03-2010 11:07 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Connor will be a practice dummy at MSU, which is pretty much where he was heading had he gone to a MAC school. The offers were NOT THERE.
02-03-2010 11:15 PM
eich41 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: CMU
I find it hard to believe that A) His coach would lie about him having offers, and B) Even Eastern didn't offer this kid. Not saying it's not possible, but I think he probably turned at least a couple offers down to go to MSU.
02-03-2010 11:23 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Quote:I think he probably turned at least a couple offers down to go to MSU.

BS.
02-04-2010 04:04 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Yes, he did turn down offers..............Grand Valley State, and probably several other GLIAC half scholarships. Lowell is a great team, but it's not a great producer of D-1 talent. Nichols is about it, but every year they think they have a stable of D-1 players.

My issue with this kid is rather than admit he should have shown interest when interest came his way, he tries to act like he turned WMU down, which he didn't. They moved on to BETTER TALENT.
02-04-2010 09:28 AM
broncos24 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
(02-03-2010 11:23 PM)eich41 Wrote:  I find it hard to believe that A) His coach would lie about him having offers, and B) Even Eastern didn't offer this kid. Not saying it's not possible, but I think he probably turned at least a couple offers down to go to MSU.

I would tend to believe what a Rivals recruiting guru says, instead of a high school coach who will say anything to get his program exposure...just saying
02-04-2010 09:37 AM
Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
(02-04-2010 09:37 AM)broncos24 Wrote:  
(02-03-2010 11:23 PM)eich41 Wrote:  I find it hard to believe that A) His coach would lie about him having offers, and B) Even Eastern didn't offer this kid. Not saying it's not possible, but I think he probably turned at least a couple offers down to go to MSU.

I would tend to believe what a Rivals recruiting guru says, instead of a high school coach who will say anything to get his program exposure...just saying

You must know Noel... Huge attention whore... And that is coming from an attention whore... I learned from Noel early on in my career... I will talk to any paper, pamplet, radio, tv, etc. to get my kids exposure.
02-04-2010 11:12 AM
Advertisement

acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I watched Connor play EGR this fall, and he was matched up against Colin Voss the whole game. Connor would switch sides of the ball, and Colin moved whenever Connor did. It is this writers opinion that Colin owned Kruse the whole game, and of course we know the outcome of that game. Voss is headed to CMU on a basektball scholarship..........

Always proud to be a Bronco.
02-04-2010 11:19 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Lowell kids tend to peak when they're still in HS. Noel has a highly-organized developmental program beginning in early grades that increases in intensity incrementally until kids are through with varsity. It serves them well against their competition but they do not produce a lot of college players.
02-04-2010 11:32 AM
broncos24 Offline
All American

(02-04-2010 11:12 AM)Kimbosucks Wrote:  

You must know Noel... Huge attention whore... And that is coming from an attention whore... I learned from Noel early on in my career... I will talk to any paper, pamplet, radio, tv, etc. to get my kids exposure.

Never met the guy, nor followed him...just the vibe I've gotten from him through Keith Nichol's recruitment a couple years back.
02-04-2010 11:49 AM
Advertisement

Kimbosucks Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/Boat Drinks
(02-04-2010 11:49 AM)broncos24 Wrote:  

Never met the guy, nor followed him...just the vibe I've gotten from him through Keith Nichol's recruitment a couple years back.
Put it to u this he is "boys" and on speed dial with the Huge Show douche bag. (Who by the way did not even ask cubit about 1 kid during his interview yesterday)
02-04-2010 04:49 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

Coming from some someone who actually went to that high school, I can assure you that Noel Dean is an attention whore. However....he is one hell of a football coach, he demands excellence, takes care of his kids, and gets them involved in the community. I wouldn't say he is a role model, but he does a lot of good things for Lowell High School and the community. He has been a positive in so many ways, and maybe a negative in others. That is often what you get with people who excel at what they do.

02-04-2010 07:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.