Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowling Green @ Eastern Michigan (men)
Bookmark and Share
BroncoBen Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU Broncos!
Bowling Green @ Eastern Michigan (men)
I wonder in tomorrow night's game if there will be a carryover from the girl's game on Saturday. LOL-No really, I enjoyed reading the post underneath this one. I like it when Eastern fires back at hecklers. I actually was thinking of heading over to Eastern to catch this game. We're never sure that http://www.channelsurfing.net is going to carry our games on the net. Last Weds, every game in the MAC was on except ours. I know Ball State has their own T.V. broadcasts of their games. There was no good reason that our game was not on. I would rather see a game live anyways. Good Luck Eagles tomorrow!
01-26-2010 01:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: Bowling Green @ Eastern Michigan (men)
Thanks. You too.
01-26-2010 02:01 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(01-26-2010 01:56 PM)BroncoBen Wrote:  I wonder in tomorrow night's game if there will be a carryover from the girl's game on Saturday. LOL-No really, I enjoyed reading the post underneath this one. I like it when Eastern fires back at hecklers. I actually was thinking of heading over to Eastern to catch this game. We're never sure that http://www.channelsurfing.net is going to carry our games on the net. Last Weds, every game in the MAC was on except ours. I know Ball State has their own T.V. broadcasts of their games. There was no good reason that our game was not on. I would rather see a game live anyways. Good Luck Eagles tomorrow!

you, sir, just opened up a brand new world for me with that website.

I owe you everything.

there will be free Rio Wraps sandwiches before the game behind the student section. Free dinner hopefully sweetens the pot a little bit for you.
01-26-2010 03:01 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
BG @ EMU men is a goodie. EMU is playing exciting hoops tonight.
01-27-2010 07:31 PM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2010 07:31 PM)emu steve Wrote:  BG @ EMU men is a goodie. EMU is playing exciting hoops tonight.

I thought I heard Nemo drop in a familiar name in the 1st half.04-cheers04-bow
01-27-2010 08:11 PM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
Sure played an exciting second half. BG makes adjustments at the half and outscores us by 12 in the second half. Bowdry with only 8 and 6 boards. Teams have figured out a way to somewhat shut him down the last few games but noone else steps up for us. Ramsey could be in trou ble especially with the next 2 on the road. We have a bad record on the road and now can't even win at home.
01-27-2010 08:56 PM
Advertisement

emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

WE mised to many wild open shots in the second half. They doubled and tripled teamed down low and dared us to shoot the long shot, 60% first half 29% in the second says it all.
01-27-2010 09:41 PM
1st String

Shooting woes - have carreid over from last year, may be even worse. I was under the impression that last years shooting woes would be corrected with Medlock being back and new recruits who were reputed to be good shooters. Hasen't happened to date.

Like the previous poster said, BG dared us to shoot the outside shot.
01-27-2010 10:37 PM
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
at the start of the season, and through the first few games, i tried to wait until the end of the season to pass judgment on Ramsey. Well, i'm throwing in the towel on that. This is year five and he still hasn't taught the team how to beat a 2-3 zone. it was pathetic.

there are two really easy ways to beat a 2-3.
1) have a big man come up to the free throw line, get the ball and pass it to a wing cutting to the basket on the baseline. Well, when we finally figured out that we should get Bowdry the ball at the free throw line, we still didn't bother to cut, so he would just pass it back out behind the arc.
2) dribble penetrate and dish out, or to a cutting player along the baseline. I don't recall seeing medlock drive to the hoop once. Higgins would drive parallel to the baseline every once in awhile, which doesn't really accomplish the same goal, and no one else went to the hoop.

i'm not a b-ball expert by any stretch of the imagination, and my feeble rec hoops team has mastered these two concepts. i'm fed up with our team not being able to beat a zone.

i am firmly on the fire Ramsey bandwagon.

as for the players today, Dobbins was good, everyone else was mediocre at best. our zone defense stinks and bowdry seems out of position a lot in it.

In the ramsey era, the only really good jobs of coaching i can think of were against Cal in his first ever game, and against Toledo he made a good change at halftime against the worst team in the MAC. not really a stellar resume from what i've seen.
01-27-2010 11:48 PM
1st String

Hope a decision is made soon on the contract situation. Certainly doesn't help recruiting if no decision on Ramsey's contract isn't made soon. We are the only MAC team without a committment to date and that includes known verbal committments.

What was expected to be a challenging and exciting year hasen't come to past. Last nights second half performance was unacceptable. I am frustrated and look forward to the FB recruitign season at this point.
01-28-2010 10:24 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-28-2010 10:24 AM)Dennis D. Rachwal Wrote:  Hope a decision is made soon on the contract situation. Certainly doesn't help recruiting if no decision on Ramsey's contract isn't made soon. We are the only MAC team without a committment to date and that includes known verbal committments.

What was expected to be a challenging and exciting year hasen't come to past. Last nights second half performance was unacceptable. I am frustrated and look forward to the FB recruitign season at this point.

Agree 100%. The program under Ramsey has stopped improving. It plateaued at mediocre a few years ago. With no apparant rise to the next step in sight I think it is time for a change.

This should be a lesson to all of us that wanted a coach with ties to the school. Ramsey was the poplur chice by most of us. We were blind to the fact that recruiting and coaching ability mean much, much more.

I just want the energy to be back in EMU basketball. Right now there is none. Haven't seen it in 12 years.
01-28-2010 10:38 AM
Advertisement

EagleAttack Offline
Special Teams

Who hired Ramsey? A Dr. Gragg hire, or B4?
01-28-2010 10:42 AM
1st String

Ramsey was hired prior to Gragg's arrival I believe.

Nickel, agree with you 100%, Basketball team has had no energy, fan base has erroded , no coverage etc. No one seems to care about men's hoops. Mediocre performances for the most part, especially in a weak MAC conference.

Need someone to sell men's basketball, more local recruitiing, bonding with local coaches etc.

We have such a beautiful arena and facilities but not a lot of excitement to go along with it!

Tired of the past decade and the losing and yearn for the Ben Braun ( Boykins, Dial, Tolbert, Head Ezugu days. Will they ever come back???
01-28-2010 10:49 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-28-2010 10:42 AM)EagleAttack Wrote:  Who hired Ramsey? A Dr. Gragg hire, or B4?

Diles hired him.
01-28-2010 10:50 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I heard the last half of the game last night and couldn't believe the length of time it took EMU to get a shot off and also the lack of defense that allowed Bowling Green to come back and win.

Anyone have any names they want to throw out for consideration?
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 11:11 AM by emu79.)
01-28-2010 11:10 AM
TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

(01-28-2010 11:10 AM)emu79 Wrote:  I heard the last half of the game last night and couldn't believe the length of time it took EMU to get a shot off and also the lack of defense that allowed Bowling Green to come back and win.

Anyone have any names they want to throw out for consideration?

I hate playing this game but....
http://www.gomastodons.com/sports/m-bask...ane00.html

http://www.gousieagles.com/coaches.aspx?...ath=mbball

http://www.gvsulakers.com/sports/m-baskb...ric00.html

http://www.kwcpanthers.com/coaches.aspx?...ath=mbball

http://www.maraudersports.com/coaches.as...ath=mbball

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-baskbl/coaches/index
01-28-2010 12:12 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

01-28-2010 12:20 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
Wooden,

Not a negative comment, but its really not a game. I think barring an unforeseen miracle ( ie last year's end winning streak) it probably better than a 50% chance Rams won't be back. Its sad because he really wanted the job and actually in some areas like discipline he did very well IMO and he had his share of just bad luck. But you are right there hasn't been excitement about men's basketball in a long long time. And we haven't recruited SE Michigan which should be our strength.

I'm just curious who the fans think might be a good fit for EMU. Love the Cleveland State guy, but $$$?
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2010 01:38 PM by emu79.)
01-28-2010 12:27 PM
HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
01-28-2010 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

How about someone from the MSU staff? Thats all they do is win in East Lansing. Consistently win!
01-28-2010 01:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.