Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU game
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
ETSU game
Congratulations on your victory. You kicked our ass.
01-23-2010 07:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Northside Bruin Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Belmont
RE: ETSU game
(01-23-2010 07:12 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Congratulations on your victory. You kicked our ass.

It was one of those nights. We can be pretty good or pretty bad. We definitely have the pieces though. I am hoping this is the start of a nice late season run! Not looking forward to us coming to J.C. though.
01-23-2010 09:42 PM
BluBare Offline
2nd String

(01-23-2010 07:12 PM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  Congratulations on your victory. You kicked our ass.

Thanks, you all caught us on a bad night for you as we haven't shot like that all year. Even last year, you blew us out at your place and we turned it around here. We'll go at it again in about a week. I doubt it will look the same. We aren't that good and you're not that bad.

If the Belmont team we saw tonight continues to play and shoot like today, we'll be a handful down the stretch. We just haven't played with consistency which is typical of young teams.

On another note, can someone explain what our students have to do on a sat afternoon that's better than going to a basketball game? sheesh that's embarrassing!
01-23-2010 09:54 PM
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

(01-23-2010 09:54 PM)BluBare Wrote:  

Thanks, you all caught us on a bad night for you as we haven't shot like that all year. Even last year, you blew us out at your place and we turned it around here. We'll go at it again in about a week. I doubt it will look the same. We aren't that good and you're not that bad.

If the Belmont team we saw tonight continues to play and shoot like today, we'll be a handful down the stretch. We just haven't played with consistency which is typical of young teams.

On another note, can someone explain what our students have to do on a sat afternoon that's better than going to a basketball game? sheesh that's embarrassing!

I thought the student attendance has lacked all year. I don't know what is up with that.

I don't know what it is about ETSU, but they bring out the best in our shooting.
01-24-2010 02:01 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(01-24-2010 02:01 PM)Bruin2002 Wrote:  
(01-23-2010 09:54 PM)BluBare Wrote:  

I thought the student attendance has lacked all year. I don't know what is up with that.

I don't know what it is about ETSU, but they bring out the best in our shooting.

It's called a ZONE
01-24-2010 02:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruin2014 Offline
Water Engineer

(01-23-2010 09:54 PM)BluBare Wrote:  On another note, can someone explain what our students have to do on a sat afternoon that's better than going to a basketball game? sheesh that's embarrassing!

I was thinking the same thing!
01-24-2010 03:17 PM
hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

let me just say this about the game...etsu's coaching staff has to be the least classy group of men i have ever seen. One of my buddies said something to bartow about him fouling with 30 seconds left and etsu's assistant came up to him and told him to "shut the hell up or he would slap him in his f***ing face"

I mean really?!
01-24-2010 03:49 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
Rumor has it Bartow told an ETSU fan to shut the f*ck up last weekend.
01-24-2010 04:09 PM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
(01-24-2010 03:49 PM)hoosbruin Wrote:  let me just say this about the game...etsu's coaching staff has to be the least classy group of men i have ever seen. One of my buddies said something to bartow about him fouling with 30 seconds left and etsu's assistant came up to him and told him to "shut the hell up or he would slap him in his f***ing face"

I mean really?!

I have a newfound respect for our coaching staff.
01-24-2010 05:26 PM
Advertisement

Northside Bruin Offline
2nd String

Is the ETSU contingent starting to view Belmont as a rival at all? I am viewing you guys as a mostly friendly rival and DLU as the hated rival. Buc thoughts?
01-24-2010 07:16 PM
Goldfinger
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
There are no rivals in the A-sun, for ETSU. Any buc fan who says there is...is either lying to himself or spewing propaganda for the administration. I view Belmont much the same way I view Vietnam. Governmental policy (in our case Bartow) refuses to let us fight you.

This is the first year since we've been in the A-sun that we don't have superior athleticism and speed in this rotten league. Yet what do we have to show for those four years? Four years of fighting Belmont with our hands tied behind our back. Four years of a zone against a very smart, highly fundamental, and superior disciplined team. Rick Byrd is like Attila the Hun while Bartow is more along the lines of John Pope.

Our rivals are UTC, ASU, Davidson, Furman, and College of Charleston. Once upon a time Western Kentucky was in that mix. I fear that the first five rivals are on their way to becoming Western Kentucky's.
01-24-2010 09:02 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
When we lose to Belmont, I am not mad at Belmont. I am mad at Bartow for being such an idiot. That is why I do not consider Belmont a rival.
01-25-2010 01:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
What is the series record?
01-25-2010 03:41 PM
Advertisement

Northside Bruin Offline
2nd String

(01-25-2010 03:41 PM)kr983 Wrote:  What is the series record?

Since 2000 Belmont is 8-4. ETSU beat us a few times in the 50's and when we were transitioning to NCAA, so the overall record is 8-8. In the ASun era we are winning 2-1 (though y'all will likely beat us in J.C. in my opinion).

I like the way Belmont schedules. Because we are so new to the NCAA, except for DLU all or our rivalries are formative. I really like the way we frequently schedule (even same season home and home series) with Austin Peay and MTSU. I feel a rivalry to the more established and larger state schools like you all, but I don't expect ETSU to feel the same unless we can keep beating you.

In the ASun I think that DLU and ETSU are easily our top two rivals.
01-25-2010 04:28 PM
afro4president Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont & Baylo
(01-25-2010 04:28 PM)Northside Bruin Wrote:  In the ASun I think that DLU and ETSU are easily our top two rivals.

For players/coaches this is probably the case, but for the majority of fans/students DLU is the only rival we have and our attendance can back that up. A Saturday afternoon game on a preview weekend for potential students turned up a fair amount of supporters but tomorrow the Curb is going to be packed.
01-25-2010 06:17 PM
Idstromadommadingdong Offline
Water Engineer

(01-24-2010 03:17 PM)Bruin2014 Wrote:  
(01-23-2010 09:54 PM)BluBare Wrote:  On another note, can someone explain what our students have to do on a sat afternoon that's better than going to a basketball game? sheesh that's embarrassing!

I was thinking the same thing!

Do any students post here that can explain this? What is different from last year? Wasn't attendance growing last year? What changed?
01-26-2010 02:26 PM
hoosbruin Offline
Bench Warmer

I graduated two years ago and I can tell you that I believe the difference is a lack of promotion for the games themselves. Athletics had a guy last year who worked his tail off to get kids to come out to games but he has recently graduated and all the progress he has made seems lost. I would venture to say though the Battle of the Bouelvard game will be packed tonight.
01-26-2010 03:04 PM
Idstromadommadingdong Offline
Water Engineer

(01-26-2010 03:04 PM)hoosbruin Wrote:  I graduated two years ago and I can tell you that I believe the difference is a lack of promotion for the games themselves. Athletics had a guy last year who worked his tail off to get kids to come out to games but he has recently graduated and all the progress he has made seems lost. I would venture to say though the Battle of the Bouelvard game will be packed tonight.

Well what did he do and why can't a new undergrad pick up where he left off? He had to have had other kids working with him, right? What did he do that was so special? I don't see how one person's graduation could make that much difference.
01-26-2010 03:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.