Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A good night for MAC hoops. 12-30-09
Bookmark and Share
uakronkid Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Akron
A good night for MAC hoops. 12-30-09
Tonight was a good night for MAC hoops, and Kent has a chance to keep it going out in Cali when they play Northeastern.

EMU picked up a 72-58 win against D-II Northwood.

Buffalo won at Liberty 81-64, BGSU hung on against Towson on the road 70-69, CMU beat Alcorn State on the road 68-64, Akron beat Wyoming 86-76 in Laramie, and NIU played Temple tough in a 60-70 loss.
12-30-2009 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
RE: A good night for MAC hoops. 12-30-09
Akron starting to look like they are the MAC best team right now. They have the best coach in the MAC in my opinion.
12-30-2009 11:30 PM
zrb2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U at Buffalo
Not that it really matters but Buffalo beat Liberty on a neutral court. It was the consolation game of the UCF Holiday Classic in Orlando. Rodney Pierce had 31 pts so he is really heating up lately.
Good overall night for the MAC which is great to see.
12-31-2009 10:29 AM
luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
(12-30-2009 11:30 PM)OUBOBCATJOHN Wrote:  Akron starting to look like they are the MAC best team right now. They have the best coach in the MAC in my opinion.

best coach,01-wingedeagle worst schedule.!!!!04-jawdrop
12-31-2009 12:11 PM
Advertisement

ksu sucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UA
(12-31-2009 12:11 PM)luckyflash Wrote:  best coach,01-wingedeagle worst schedule.!!!!04-jawdrop
Whatever. Put up or shut up come conference play.
12-31-2009 01:11 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Lot of people are overlooking the Broncos. Not that I'm saying they are the best but I'd have to consider them a contender. They've played a pretty decent schedule. Beat Northeastern by 15 in Hawaii, the same team that recently beat KSU. I'll believe in Akron once they start playing MAC competition and we get them this year in Kalamazoo.

Here's a link to what ESPN's Doug Gottleib said about WMU after the Diamond Head Classic. I can't post the direct link because it is an ESPN Insider article and I have a policy about not giving ESPN one dime of my money.

http://www.ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=411060

Gottlieb leaves out the Broncos win over VCU, another team considered a favorite to win their league. VCU is ranked #7 in the MM poll and is 11-2 with one of those losses to WMU. The Broncos play MM #24 tomorrow in Sam Houston St.

This WMU team is in my mind a tougher group than last year's squad. Two bad early losses (Detroit by 6 and Loyola by 2) have colored people's perception of WMU. I hope the MAC sleeps on them, assuming they are the same team as last year.
01-03-2010 12:56 AM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Who is overlooking WMU? When was the last time the conference slept on any MAC team, whatever that means? Are you good enough to beat the good MAC teams without them taking you lightly or not? I would think you are.

There certainly hasn't been a better West team so far, but it's hard to get a fix on anyone until MAC play starts, except the teams that really stink.

There isn't a dominant team in the conference this year so it looks like a year when 4-5+ teams will have a shot at the title.
01-03-2010 05:40 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
WMU or EMU in the MAC West.
01-03-2010 06:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.