Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Call Your Senators and Representatives TODAY!!!
Bookmark and Share
Rock Bottom Offline
All American

I Root For:
Call Your Senators and Representatives TODAY!!!
Whether you are for or against the healthcare bill that is being debated in Congress, did you know that as drafted it states that the Independent Medicare Advisory Board cannot be repealed by future Congresses??? Specifically it states that "it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of
representatives to cons...ider any bill, resolution, amendment, or
conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

That's ridiculous!!! So, whichever party is in power can now make laws that cannot be changed in the future??? Is that what we all really want?? If so, you better pray that no party - whichever it is, even your own - ever makes laws you disagree with because following this precedent they can never be revised. What party wouldn't do this when they have power? It's an outrage, and I think we should all call our Reps and Senators and tell them we don't support this language no matter if we are for or against the current bill. Please contact them today!!! The Senate vote is tomorrow (12/24) morning, so it is critical they be called TODAY!!! Thanks.

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_in...rs_cfm.cfm
12-23-2009 11:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
RE: Call Your Senators and Representatives TODAY!!!
(12-23-2009 11:54 AM)Rock Bottom Wrote:  Whether you are for or against the healthcare bill that is being debated in Congress, did you know that as drafted it states that the Independent Medicare Advisory Board cannot be repealed by future Congresses??? Specifically it states that "it shall not be in order in the senate or the house of
representatives to cons...ider any bill, resolution, amendment, or
conference report that would repeal or otherwise change this subsection."

That's ridiculous!!! So, whichever party is in power can now make laws that cannot be changed in the future??? Is that what we all really want?? If so, you better pray that no party - whichever it is, even your own - ever makes laws you disagree with because following this precedent they can never be revised. What party wouldn't do this when they have power? It's an outrage, and I think we should all call our Reps and Senators and tell them we don't support this language no matter if we are for or against the current bill. Please contact them today!!! The Senate vote is tomorrow (12/24) morning, so it is critical they be called TODAY!!! Thanks.

https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_in...rs_cfm.cfm

BLAH BLAH BLAH
12-23-2009 12:32 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
If you were that concerned, you should have called your GOP congressmen years ago when they started alienating the moderates by going too far to the right and becoming the party of Christians instead of the party of Fiscal Conservatives.

The Dems would never have had a super majority if the GOP didn't go off the deep end and start pandering to the Tea Baggers, Birthers, the Sarah Palin fans and Glenn Becks of the world.

Bit late in the game to get worked up now Rock Bottom.
12-23-2009 12:44 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
(12-23-2009 12:44 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  If you were that concerned, you should have called your GOP congressmen years ago when they started alienating the moderates by going too far to the right and becoming the party of Christians instead of the party of Fiscal Conservatives.

The Dems would never have had a super majority if the GOP didn't go off the deep end and start pandering to the Tea Baggers, Birthers, the Sarah Palin fans and Glenn Becks of the world.

So you are in favor of the health care bill that congress is proposing?
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2009 12:50 PM by klake87.)
12-23-2009 12:50 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
I can't afford health insurance, however if this passes I will be fined if I don't buy it. But no fear, the government will give me someone else's money to buy it! No need to work for anything anymore. This is a great deal!
12-23-2009 01:04 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

First.. that wasn't my point. It was more so to mock Rock Bottom for caring now, when the situation he's in was due to decisions made years ago by the same people he'd rather have in power. He should have been complaining at his own party at that time, instead of bitching at the other side now, when the people he votes for no longer have a voice due to their previous mistakes.

In regards to health care, over the current situation, of course I support it. Clearly the health industry is a disaster and an embarrassment for the American Public, I think that's something any intelligent person can agree on. Regardless what you think of this bill, we can all agree that compared to most other industrialized nations, our healthy industry is a joke.

As someone with a pre-existing condition though, I'd prefer to have a public option, so I'd have less concern if I ever get laid off, but it's a step in the right direction. Still need better conditions for children's health, and more onus put on the pharmaceuticals industry, but without any help from across the aisle (or Joe "Benedict Arnold" Lieberman for that matter), it's tough to get everything done in the first go around.

Rome wasn't built in a day, progress is progress, I'll take it. Easier to get to the next step once you've made the first one.
12-23-2009 01:13 PM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(12-23-2009 01:13 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  First.. that wasn't my point. It was more so to mock Rock Bottom for caring now, when the situation he's in was due to decisions made years ago by the same people he'd rather have in power. He should have been complaining at his own party at that time, instead of bitching at the other side now, when the people he votes for no longer have a voice due to their previous mistakes.

In regards to health care, over the current situation, of course I support it. Clearly the health industry is a disaster and an embarrassment for the American Public, I think that's something any intelligent person can agree on. Regardless what you think of this bill, we can all agree that compared to most other industrialized nations, our healthy industry is a joke.

As someone with a pre-existing condition though, I'd prefer to have a public option, so I'd have less concern if I ever get laid off, but it's a step in the right direction. Still need better conditions for children's health, and more onus put on the pharmaceuticals industry, but without any help from across the aisle (or Joe "Benedict Arnold" Lieberman for that matter), it's tough to get everything done in the first go around.

Rome wasn't built in a day, progress is progress, I'll take it. Easier to get to the next step once you've made the first one.
So our health industry is a joke, therefore it is a good idea to force people to buy insurance from these companies? I don't follow your logic! I can't wait for my first fine for not buying insurance. Sorry, I'd rather be able to eat and afford my house than have health insurance at this stage of my life.
12-23-2009 01:18 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I'm admittedly uninformed on this whole situation, but what the **** is wrong with free market medicine? Let doctors operate outside insurace, medicaid, medicare etc. and charge free market prices...probably too simple I guess but makes sense to me.
12-23-2009 01:27 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
you are "forced" to buy insurance because all it takes is one car accident or an unexpected sickness or surgery for you to become a "burden" on society. someone has to pay those medical bills
12-23-2009 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't think an overhaul is necessary:
1.Tort Reform - Not in bill because the Lawyers contribute too much money to the Democrats.
2.Portability - I agree we need to fix the pre existing condition rules.
3.Increase competition by allowing interstate insurance. Right now each state regulates the insurance and controls who can offer in a state. Allow companies and plans from other states to bid on insurance.
4.What is with all the sweet heart deals. The attitude of "as long as I get mine" needs to change. I guess If I lose my job and health benefits, I need to move to Nebraska to get the best deal.

The insurance bill is a sham. Our leaders want to control us even more.
12-23-2009 01:33 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

Stupidity like that is why I try not to post here anymore..

I can't wait for the first time you file for bankruptcy when you get sick or have a severe injury and can't afford your medical bills because you were too stupid to know what is good for you, and the rest of us have to pay for you to get better. Let me know how that goes.

Then again if you're dead from not being able to afford basic health care b/c you don't have health insurance, you won't have to worry about paying for a house or food to eat anymore, so maybe things will work out for you.

Not only that, have you read the bill, do you realize that someone who makes as little as you claim to, has nothing to worry about?

It's safe to assume that a public option will be available at some point down the road, while half the US is stuck in the 1800's, we will catch up with the rest of the world at some point, for now though yes, you will have to deal with improved health insurance instead of a true public option to create competition. This is just a first step in getting there. Considering the nonsense of things like Death Panels it's hard to believe they've made it to this point so quickly.

By forcing everyone to have health care, the public option will come about rather quickly, even if the insurance industry was able to lobby Lieberman out of letting it happen this time.
12-23-2009 01:41 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

Klake if you don't think an overhaul is necessary you're an idiot. I don't know how else to put it. You can't be that stupid. It's not possible. Both sides of the aisle agree the health industry is a disaster. It's just how to fix it, that they disagree. It's not even up for debate. You're just trolling for a response when you say something as stupid as "I don't think there is a need for an overhaul."

Get sick or hurt, lose your job and then go try to buy health insurance or be put in Bleeds situation and tell me that we don't need an overhaul.

You should be put through a Sarah Palin Death Panel and judged unfit to live with MaddDawgz if you're that stupid.
12-23-2009 01:48 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-23-2009 01:48 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Klake if you don't think an overhaul is necessary you're an idiot. I don't know how else to put it. You can't be that stupid. It's not possible. Both sides of the aisle agree the health industry is a disaster. It's just how to fix it, that they disagree. It's not even up for debate. You're just trolling for a response when you say something as stupid as "I don't think there is a need for an overhaul."

Get sick or hurt, lose your job and then go try to buy health insurance or be put in Bleeds situation and tell me that we don't need an overhaul.

You should be put through a Sarah Palin Death Panel and judged unfit to live with MaddDawgz if you're that stupid.

I guess we agree to disagree. Our healthcare is better than any in the world. Some things need to change to improve it but not an overhaul.
12-23-2009 02:02 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
(12-23-2009 12:44 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  If you were that concerned, you should have called your GOP congressmen years ago when they started alienating the moderates by going too far to the right and becoming the party of Christians instead of the party of Fiscal Conservatives.

Yeah ..those damn Christians are destroying the country........ 03-lmfao

84..... You have all the words down.....tea baggers, birthers..... and followed that up with the insightful comment of calling someone an idiot and stupid.....03-lmfao
12-23-2009 02:18 PM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:

I see. So, if you have the super majority, you can do whatever you want.

Fantastic how you didn't rebut his point about is it reasonable to make this act nonrepealable. Even if this part sticks, it will be the first part of the bill tossed as unconstitutional.
12-23-2009 02:25 PM
GeorgeBorkFan Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-23-2009 01:48 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Klake if you don't think an overhaul is necessary you're an idiot. I don't know how else to put it. You can't be that stupid. It's not possible. Both sides of the aisle agree the health industry is a disaster. It's just how to fix it, that they disagree. It's not even up for debate. You're just trolling for a response when you say something as stupid as "I don't think there is a need for an overhaul."

There is no need for an overhaul if this is the overhaul. Even the CBO says this bill breaks the bank.

Let the free market into health care. It is already a heavily regulated industry, and so the solution is to regulate it more. That makes no sense.

Disconnect health insurance from employment benefits. Let individuals who want to purchase on their own have the same tax benefits as people buying insurance through their employers. Then the consumer can buy the best insurance for them, instead of getting what the employer determines is the best for the employer.

Encourage health savings accounts and catastrophic insurance coverage. Let the consumer make a market based choice on whether that trip to the doctor is worth the price.

Turn health insurance back into insurance, not health spending plans, which is what they've been turned into.

A big reason health care is so expensive is because the government beats down providers who accept Medicare. They can't cover their true costs, so those of us who aren't Medicare help to cover that gap. Not only do we pay for Medicare through taxes, we pay for it by elevated health care costs.

Get government out.
12-23-2009 02:32 PM
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
(12-23-2009 01:27 PM)huskiealum03 Wrote:  you are "forced" to buy insurance because all it takes is one car accident or an unexpected sickness or surgery for you to become a "burden" on society. someone has to pay those medical bills
You're right someone should, however it shouldn't be all of you picking up the tab when I can't afford it. You are gonna pick up my tab no matter what. That is the sick part here. I can't afford health insurance, therefore everyone else's taxes will go up. I'm sorry everyone, I really am. I have tried to find a better job, I have, however because I haven't you are forced to pick up my tab. I guess I should be thanking you all. I'm gonna have to swallow a lot of pride to take a government handout, I don't know if I'll be able to do it.
12-23-2009 06:17 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators

Don't use my situation to argue for you. Just because I can't afford insurance right now does not mean that I am demanding this bill, in fact I am against it. I don't want your money. I don't want a government hand out. I want to work for what I have. I consider myself lucky because I am working full time in this economy. For the government to force me to have insurance is just more tyranny from this administration and the administration of the last eight years. Sickening.
12-23-2009 06:24 PM
Rock Bottom Offline
All American

I Root For:

Can you read????!!!! This should alarem everyone - Dems and Repubs. Also, so it's okay for Dems to vote into the presidency the most liberal Senator out of 100, but then you rip Republicans for not being moderate? You're a moron.
12-23-2009 07:18 PM
Rock Bottom Offline
All American

I Root For:
The issue I specifically posted about should bother EVERYONE whether they are for or against this healthcare bill, whether they are a Dem, Republican, Liberitarian, etc. NO PARTY should be able to write a law that says it can never be changed. Why would anyone be for that???? Unless you know it's wrong in the first place of course and that's why they are making it illegal to every change.
12-23-2009 07:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.