Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Armand Williams Slidell's Superman
Bookmark and Share
OldHusky Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Armand Williams Slidell's Superman
Not sounding so good for Armand Williams. Really excited about Arkansas visit. Only mentioned New Mexico visit.

http://arkansas.scout.com/2/929547.html
12-17-2009 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

goniu1523 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: Armand Williams Slidell's Superman
(12-17-2009 03:55 PM)OldHusky Wrote:  Not sounding so good for Armand Williams. Really excited about Arkansas visit. Only mentioned New Mexico visit.

In the rivals article. He says NIU is his favorite, but he sounds very excited for the Arkansas visit in this article and the rivals article.

Would I rather have Ryan Mallett or Chandler Harnish throwing to me?

It's a no-brainer, but I hope the coaches or something else rubs him the wrong way on his visit.
12-17-2009 10:32 PM
NIUHuskie4life Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU & WMU
(12-17-2009 10:32 PM)goniu1523 Wrote:  
(12-17-2009 03:55 PM)OldHusky Wrote:  Not sounding so good for Armand Williams. Really excited about Arkansas visit. Only mentioned New Mexico visit.

In the rivals article. He says NIU is his favorite, but he sounds very excited for the Arkansas visit in this article and the rivals article.

It's a no-brainer, but I hope the coaches or something else rubs him the wrong way on his visit.

this one's easy chandler harnish, you never have to do that much work becuase he can't throw deep 05-stirthepot
12-17-2009 11:22 PM
numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

(12-17-2009 10:32 PM)goniu1523 Wrote:  

well, unless he is a really good receiver (which I guess would mean we don't have a chance anyways) he would redshirt. He'd get mallett to throw him the ball only 1 year assuming he doesn't bolt to the NFL after his junior year.
12-18-2009 07:13 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Our chances are slim and none. We can not compete with an Arkansas. Their facilities are much better, they play in a top conference, closer to home and I am sure they have an athletes dorm that is very nice.

Unless he has a very strong connection with a coach at NIU, I hope I am wrong but he is not going to verbal to us.
12-18-2009 08:10 AM
niuco90 Offline
1st String

I Root For: N.I.U.
(12-18-2009 08:10 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Our chances are slim and none. We can not compete with an Arkansas. Their facilities are much better, they play in a top conference, closer to home and I am sure they have an athletes dorm that is very nice.

Unless he has a very strong connection with a coach at NIU, I hope I am wrong but he is not going to verbal to us.

Per Gerry DiNardo on B and B this week, colleges cannot have atheletic dorms anymore. They have to have at least 50% regular students in each dormitory. Not that it changes the fact that the kid will probably go to Arkansas.
12-18-2009 08:12 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2009 08:12 AM)niuco90 Wrote:  
(12-18-2009 08:10 AM)klake87 Wrote:  Our chances are slim and none. We can not compete with an Arkansas. Their facilities are much better, they play in a top conference, closer to home and I am sure they have an athletes dorm that is very nice.

Per Gerry DiNardo on B and B this week, colleges cannot have atheletic dorms anymore. They have to have at least 50% regular students in each dormitory. Not that it changes the fact that the kid will probably go to Arkansas.

My sophomore year, I was in douglas and half of my floor played football.
12-18-2009 08:40 AM
numbersdontlie Offline

Well what is interesting is they do not have a WR coach listed on their Website. At least with PJ we can say you'll get coached by an NFL wide receiver... Also, it looks like they only have 4 WRs in the NFL this decade according to pro-footballreference.com. NIU has the same number of players who have/are playing in the NFL since 2000.

Arkansas:
Matt Jones - has not played since 2008
Emanuel Smith - has not played since 2000
Richard Smith - has not played since 2004
George Wilson - currently on buffalo (2005 - 2009)

NIU:
Justin McCareins - 2001 - 2008
Darrell Hill - 2002 - 2004
PJ Fleck - 2004
Sam "birdman" Hurd - currently plays for Dallas 2006 - 2009
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2009 08:49 AM by numbersdontlie.)
12-18-2009 08:48 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

SEC
12-18-2009 09:07 AM
numbersdontlie Offline

Guess it depends on what you're priorities are. You want to play in the SEC or do you want to get coached by a guy who has played in the NFL at the position you are playing in.

Not saying you're wrong just saying Arkansas is not traditionally a school known for the WRs.

Kids make decisions based on all sorts of things, if him playing in the SEC is his dream then I wouldn't blame him. I would hope he would rather make it in the NFL and use some judgment based on that. Then again this kid says he likes Patrino who is a piece of trash if you ask me.
12-18-2009 09:42 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2009 09:42 AM)projectmayhem011 Wrote:  Guess it depends on what you're priorities are. You want to play in the SEC or do you want to get coached by a guy who has played in the NFL at the position you are playing in.

Not saying you're wrong just saying Arkansas is not traditionally a school known for the WRs.

Kids make decisions based on all sorts of things, if him playing in the SEC is his dream then I wouldn't blame him. I would hope he would rather make it in the NFL and use some judgment based on that. Then again this kid says he likes Patrino who is a piece of trash if you ask me.

NIU a wide Receiver factory?!?!?

Come on now. If you had a choice between a BCS school closer to home and a MAC school, which one would you choose. One of the only positive points I have for him choosing NIU is his offer from Arkansas a fall back scholarship and since they lost out on other players, the will settle for him?

Playing in the SEC, you will play agianst the best week in and week out. That makes you better.
12-18-2009 10:03 AM
Advertisement

goniu1523 Offline
1st String

(12-18-2009 08:40 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

You would think they would put them in Stevenson. That's where they are now. I see football and basketball players all the time in stevenson tower D
12-18-2009 10:15 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2009 10:15 AM)goniu1523 Wrote:  
(12-18-2009 08:40 AM)klake87 Wrote:  

You would think they would put them in Stevenson. That's where they are now. I see football and basketball players all the time in stevenson tower D

All the guys on my floor were sophomores. I roomed with one of the players. Part of the reason they were there was the training table for the players was at Douglas, since it was the closest to the stadium.
12-18-2009 10:45 AM
Kevin S Offline
1st String

Although NIU does not have comparable facilities to Arkansas we do have one big advantage, playing time. I can see him being a probable starter very shortly and have ample opportunity to rack up some serious career stats. It is easier being all MAC than all SEC and being all conference, all american, and having awesome career stats gets you looked at by pro scouts. Also if you never make the pros having awesome career stats and playing time is better than saying I sat on an SEC teams bench and got to play in the 4th quarter against Vanderbilt.
12-18-2009 11:53 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2009 11:53 AM)Kevin S Wrote:  

Although NIU does not have comparable facilities to Arkansas we do have one big advantage, playing time. I can see him being a probable starter very shortly and have ample opportunity to rack up some serious career stats. It is easier being all MAC than all SEC and being all conference, all american, and having awesome career stats gets you looked at by pro scouts. Also if you never make the pros having awesome career stats and playing time is better than saying I sat on an SEC teams bench and got to play in the 4th quarter against Vanderbilt.

So when you play sports, you would rather play against lesser competition. I know that I enjoyed going agianst the "better" players. That is the way you get better. Having 12 catches for 210 yards versus EMU is not the same as having 7 for 112 yards against Florida.

I don't want this kid if he does not think he can compete at the highest level.
12-18-2009 12:03 PM
Kevin S Offline
1st String

(12-18-2009 12:03 PM)klake87 Wrote:  

So when you play sports, you would rather play against lesser competition. I know that I enjoyed going agianst the "better" players. That is the way you get better. Having 12 catches for 210 yards versus EMU is not the same as having 7 for 112 yards against Florida.

I would like to play at the highest level that I could possibly play in. What I mean by that is I actually got playing time on the field. I would rather play at NIU and start than play at Arkansas and only get to play in blowouts in the 4th quarter.
12-18-2009 12:43 PM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2009 12:43 PM)Kevin S Wrote:  

I would like to play at the highest level that I could possibly play in. What I mean by that is I actually got playing time on the field. I would rather play at NIU and start than play at Arkansas and only get to play in blowouts in the 4th quarter.

Then he would have to admit that he is not as good as the other players at Arkansas. Two years at Arkansas and if it does not work out, D1AA SIU. Brandon Jacobs did ok.
12-18-2009 01:44 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES

Thanks Klake. You are a ringing endorsement for our school to any recruit that may stumble upon this thread. The MAC plays D1 football with many dudes in the NFL, enough said.
12-18-2009 07:36 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-18-2009 07:36 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  

Thanks Klake. You are a ringing endorsement for our school to any recruit that may stumble upon this thread. The MAC plays D1 football with many dudes in the NFL, enough said.

We are not Arkansas or any other SEC school. Yes, some good players come out of the MAC but many more come out of the SEC. If you think that NIU and the MAC is on par (or even close) to Arkansas and the SEC, put down the bong.
12-18-2009 09:43 PM
prairiedawg Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU HUSKIES
(12-18-2009 09:43 PM)klake87 Wrote:  
(12-18-2009 07:36 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  

We are not Arkansas or any other SEC school. Yes, some good players come out of the MAC but many more come out of the SEC. If you think that NIU and the MAC is on par (or even close) to Arkansas and the SEC, put down the bong.

You are a weird guy. Then go on Arkansas' fansite for their recruits and hype them regarding the mighty SEC. Figure it out douche.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2009 02:18 AM by prairiedawg.)
12-19-2009 02:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.