Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Did you know...Alabama versus Texas?
Bookmark and Share
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Did you know...Alabama versus Texas?
They have played eight times and Bama has NEVER beaten the Longhorns.

0-7-1 is the series record in favor of Texas.
12-06-2009 02:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
RE: Did you know...Alabama versus Texas?
More surprising-

Since Bear Bryant- The number of previous times Alabama has played a Bowl with a chance to win a national championship?

One- 1992.

It has been a LONG time since Alabama was a major player. The other historic programs since then (the last 30 years) Nebraska- played in (at least)6, Oklahoma at least 6, USC 3, Ohio State 3, Penn State 3- while the Florida schools played all the time-- Miami 9, FSU 5, Florida 4...

Texas? 2 times- 1983 and 2005.
12-06-2009 10:27 AM
Advertisement

RationalRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss
(12-06-2009 02:25 AM)3601 Wrote:  They have played eight times and Bama has NEVER beaten the Longhorns.

0-7-1 is the series record in favor of Texas.

When in the world was the last time they played? Aside from Arkansas, Texas doesn't play the SEC much (playing @ Ole Miss in 2012, though). I looked up when Texas last played in the Sugar Bowl, figuring that's where they'd go if they'd lost to Nebraska. I was certain they'd played in it since a 1958 loss to Ole Miss, but I couldn't remember it ever happening and I was right, barely. They played Virginia Tech in 1995.
12-06-2009 12:07 PM
T.I.G.E.R.S Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis/OU
Texas has the #1 rush defense. Alabama has the #1 RB, thats basically what it is gonna come down to, FL couldnt stop the run, and AL stopped Tebow and that offense, i can see a low scoring NC game
12-06-2009 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.