Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Unfortunate scene USC/UCLA
Bookmark and Share
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Unfortunate scene USC/UCLA
I think sometimes we lose sight that college athletes are kids and they are still learning things not just about sports but about life in general. That is why the ending to the UCLA/USC game really makes me as sick as I've ever been in a long time. You have this numbnut coach Carroll just completely disrespecting his opponent and winning about as ungraciously as you can. I use to hate Notre Dame more than any other college program, but over the years this has shifted to USC, just sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVpyI6eWvwQ
11-29-2009 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: Unfortunate scene USC/UCLA
I love Pete Carroll. When UCLA calls a timeout like, you're asking for somebody to go deep on you. It's college athletics. Are they professionals? No. Are they 12 years old? No. They're on scholarship, and they are all big boys.

I loved it.
11-29-2009 08:07 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-29-2009 08:07 PM)7 Wrote:  I love Pete Carroll. When UCLA calls a timeout like, you're asking for somebody to go deep on you. It's college athletics. Are they professionals? No. Are they 12 years old? No. They're on scholarship, and they are all big boys.

I loved it.

Wow I really cant believe you said that. Pete Carroll should lose his job over this but I know he wont. UCLA had to call a timeout they werent trying to show anyone up down by 14. You sit on the ball. But that is not even the worst part of this, it is Pete Carroll inciting his players to act this foolish and nearly cause a riot. If I were an AD Id throw his ass on the curb for this, complete lack of class and a total embarrassment not just as a football coach but as a human being. This bothers me even more than the Oregon/Boise incident.
11-29-2009 08:12 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Why should he sit on the ball? USC had taken a knee. They weren't trying to run anything up, they took a knee. UCLA called a dumb timeout, and decided they wanted to keep playing. Carroll decided he would keep playing and decided to go deep. None of it happens if UCLA doesn't call that timeout. If you want to say UCLA "had to call a timeout" I can easily say USC was just playing for 60 minutes. UCLA, don't call a timeout, or better yet pick off the pass and run it for a touchdown and you'll make Carroll look like the foolish one.

Pete Carroll shouldn't lose his job, please stop the hyperbole. Should Jim Harbaugh lose his job for going for 2 a couple weeks ago against SC? Where was the outrage then?
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2009 08:18 PM by 7.)
11-29-2009 08:16 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-29-2009 08:16 PM)7 Wrote:  Why should he sit on the ball? USC had taken a knee. They weren't trying to run anything up, they took a knee. UCLA called a dumb timeout, and decided they wanted to keep playing. Carroll decided he would keep playing and decided to go deep. None of it happens if UCLA doesn't call that timeout. If you want to say UCLA "had to call a timeout" I can easily say USC was just playing for 60 minutes.

Pete Carroll shouldn't lose his job, please stop the hyperbole.

Yeah you can rationalize the play call, but the way the idiot was jumping up and down inciting a riot, just a complete disrespect for an opponent. That is fine if its the NFL, it is just sad to see a grown man teaching this to kids. Anyways, a highly mediocre season for USC, could not happen to a better team than that.
11-29-2009 08:18 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For: Illinois
(11-29-2009 08:12 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Wow I really cant believe you said that. Pete Carroll should lose his job over this but I know he wont. UCLA had to call a timeout they werent trying to show anyone up down by 14. You sit on the ball. But that is not even the worst part of this, it is Pete Carroll inciting his players to act this foolish and nearly cause a riot. If I were an AD Id throw his ass on the curb for this, complete lack of class and a total embarrassment not just as a football coach but as a human being. This bothers me even more than the Oregon/Boise incident.

Why did UCLA have to call timeout? USC was trying to kill the game by taking a knee. There was absolutely no reason to call a timeout there. You're down 14 with like 40 seconds left and you don't have the ball. Let the game end.

That said, at some point somebody has to be the bigger man...of course, that isn't Carroll's nature, so he decided to stick it to Neuheisel. Neither thought through the situation terribly well.

I do find it funny after Carroll asked Harbaugh what his "problem" was after Stanford ran it up against USC. Seems Petey doesn't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.
11-29-2009 08:19 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-29-2009 08:18 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-29-2009 08:16 PM)7 Wrote:  Why should he sit on the ball? USC had taken a knee. They weren't trying to run anything up, they took a knee. UCLA called a dumb timeout, and decided they wanted to keep playing. Carroll decided he would keep playing and decided to go deep. None of it happens if UCLA doesn't call that timeout. If you want to say UCLA "had to call a timeout" I can easily say USC was just playing for 60 minutes.

Pete Carroll shouldn't lose his job, please stop the hyperbole.

Yeah you can rationalize the play call, but the way the idiot was jumping up and down inciting a riot, just a complete disrespect for an opponent. That is fine if its the NFL, it is just sad to see a grown man teaching this to kids. Anyways, a highly mediocre season for USC, could not happen to a better team than that.
He didn't incite a riot. He went over and hugged Bates and his players. If that's inciting a riot, then wow.

Should Jim Harbaugh lose his job for going for 2 a couple weeks ago against SC? Where was the outrage then?

Me thinks this is sour grapes toward Carroll/SC more than outrage about what actually took place.
11-29-2009 08:20 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Should we fire Kill for running a reverse to Palmer with under a minute left against Akron? Where do you draw the line?
11-29-2009 08:20 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-29-2009 08:19 PM)UIHuskie Wrote:  
(11-29-2009 08:12 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Wow I really cant believe you said that. Pete Carroll should lose his job over this but I know he wont. UCLA had to call a timeout they werent trying to show anyone up down by 14. You sit on the ball. But that is not even the worst part of this, it is Pete Carroll inciting his players to act this foolish and nearly cause a riot. If I were an AD Id throw his ass on the curb for this, complete lack of class and a total embarrassment not just as a football coach but as a human being. This bothers me even more than the Oregon/Boise incident.

Why did UCLA have to call timeout? USC was trying to kill the game by taking a knee. There was absolutely no reason to call a timeout there. You're down 14 with like 40 seconds left and you don't have the ball. Let the game end.

That said, at some point somebody has to be the bigger man...of course, that isn't Carroll's nature, so he decided to stick it to Neuheisel. Neither thought through the situation terribly well.

I do find it funny after Carroll asked Harbaugh what his "problem" was after Stanford ran it up against USC. Seems Petey doesn't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

He has the maturity of an 8th grader. Probaly just frustarted on his season, but still that doesnt give him the right to exhibit his kind of behavior. UCLA had to call that timeout, a coach should never go into a lockerroom with timeouts left after a loss, it is just an unwritten rule.
11-29-2009 08:21 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-29-2009 08:21 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

He has the maturity of an 8th grader. Probaly just frustarted on his season, but still that doesnt give him the right to exhibit his kind of behavior. UCLA had to call that timeout, a coach should never go into a lockerroom with timeouts left after a loss, it is just an unwritten rule.
No it's not. I think it should be an unwritten rule then if your dumb enough to call a timeout there I'm going deep on yo azz.
11-29-2009 08:23 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

(11-29-2009 08:21 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  He has the maturity of an 8th grader. Probaly just frustarted on his season, but still that doesnt give him the right to exhibit his kind of behavior. UCLA had to call that timeout, a coach should never go into a lockerroom with timeouts left after a loss, it is just an unwritten rule.

Your last statement makes no sense; so you're saying UCLA should have kept calling timeouts, and USC should have just kept kneeling? That would have added like 5 minutes to a game that was over. That's not an "unwritten rule" of any kind.
11-29-2009 08:24 PM
Advertisement

MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-29-2009 08:23 PM)7 Wrote:  

No it's not. I think it should be an unwritten rule then if your dumb enough to call a timeout there I'm going deep on yo azz.

Yeah thats fine you can make that stretch if you want, but to act like you just won the Rose Bowl on a last second TD when it actually was a score padder to make it 28-7 with a half minute left??? That is just unreal to me.
11-29-2009 08:25 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-29-2009 08:25 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  
(11-29-2009 08:23 PM)7 Wrote:  

Yeah thats fine you can make that stretch if you want, but to act like you just won the Rose Bowl on a last second TD when it actually was a score padder to make it 28-7 with a half minute left??? That is just unreal to me.
Stop with the hyperbole. He didn't act like he had just won the Rose Bowl.
11-29-2009 08:27 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

Donators
I support it, UCLA showed they wanted to keep playing, so USC kept playing.
11-29-2009 08:27 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-29-2009 08:27 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  I support it, UCLA showed they wanted to keep playing, so USC kept playing.
A better way of what I was trying to say.
11-29-2009 08:28 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-29-2009 08:28 PM)7 Wrote:  
(11-29-2009 08:27 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  I support it, UCLA showed they wanted to keep playing, so USC kept playing.

Yeah and that is not the disturbing and embarassing part of this, its the excessive celebration and taunting of your opponent LED by the head coach of a football team.
11-29-2009 08:30 PM
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(11-29-2009 08:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

Yeah and that is not the disturbing and embarassing part of this, its the excessive celebration and taunting of your opponent LED by the head coach of a football team.
It wasn't excessive celebration. No flags, no nothing.
11-29-2009 08:31 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
I find this awesome. I wish Kill had the balls to coach like this. I have always liked Pete Carroll, but now I think he is my new favorite coach.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2009 08:36 PM by Big_Man.)
11-29-2009 08:35 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(11-29-2009 08:31 PM)7 Wrote:  
(11-29-2009 08:30 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  

It wasn't excessive celebration. No flags, no nothing.

Im sure the refs did not see the need to take the time to pull a flag out of their pockets when you have a near riot about to ensue.

I would not be surprised the way Barkley was acting after that play if there will not be a bounty on him next time USC meets UCLA. Freshman behavior which was obviously learned from a bush league coach.
11-29-2009 08:36 PM
UIHuskie Offline
All American

(11-29-2009 08:31 PM)7 Wrote:  It wasn't excessive celebration. No flags, no nothing.

I thought it was excessive in the sense it was clearly an attempt at taunting the UCLA bench. I'm not sure it really was a penalty, but the intention was clear. That said, USC does that all the time when they are running it up on somebody (the jumping/hopping on the sidelines), so I don't think it's anything people hadn't seen before.

My issues with the entire thing was I felt both coach's acted like 6 year olds. I didn't really have a problem with anything the kids did.
11-29-2009 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.