Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Morehead State
7links Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Morehead State
game video on channelsurfing.net 17-10 ksu 9min 1st half
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2009 07:26 PM by 7links.)
11-29-2009 07:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
RE: Morehead State
30-30 halftime FT shooting plagues KSU again
11-29-2009 07:51 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kent State
i'm not sure if it was here or on DC's blog but someone brought up a subject about the complexity of our offensive system. Basically it was said that we run pretty complex sets and its hard for some of the new guys to pick up when they come in.

Any one else wonder what the point of running a complex system that seems to cause more problems for our own players than it does opposing defenses??? I mean what are the benefits of running such complex sets when you rarely see us get easy baskets. it seems like our guys have to work so much harder to get good looks than the teams we play.
any thoughts???
11-29-2009 08:32 PM
rockets24 Offline
2nd String

46-41 MST...does this team just not believe in assits and FT shooting? In recent years when the team has been solid they have averaged about 45% or better of all FG/3PT FG attempted are assisted. Last year was under 42% and this year is under 37%.
11-29-2009 08:32 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Our FT shooting is terrible - but glad we got the road win !
11-29-2009 08:57 PM
flashgrad03 Offline
1st String

really tough defense and rebounding down the stretch. So far we have seen this team be capable of shutting opposing teams down for stretches in games. They need to be more consistent in the defensive intensity throughout the game if they are going to beat better teams than Morehead State. and of course improve at the charity stripe.
11-29-2009 09:14 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Certainly it is hard to say how good Morehead State will be, but their results have been good and they have as good as a big man as Kent State might see during the season. This is a good win for being on the road and for being without both Singletary and Holt. We know what Simpson is now. If he or Greene can contribute every game, though, that might be enough.
11-30-2009 12:10 AM
Advertisement

anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
Enough can not be said about the game Simpson had tonight. I really did not expect much from him tonight because of the match up with Faried. Last year he had a very pedestrian game against Morehead. With Parks in foul trouble he HAD to step up and he did. I listened to the game on the radio but from the sounds of it his athleticim was on display all game long. It sounded like anytime Faried caught the ball on the block he was knocking it away from him, somthing Q used to be great at. Hopefully this game will help to show Simpson what he is really capable of and we'll start seeing a consistent player.
11-30-2009 12:51 AM
Kballard122 Offline
Special Teams

Must be Kent's style of play is just not conducive to Morehead State's execution. I was at Morehead's game against Louisville in the first round of the tournament last season and couldn't figure out how Kent State beat them in the brackebuster last year. Louisville wasn't able to shake them off or do anything about Faried on either end of the court. Faried is an unbelievable big-man and they are very fortunate to have someone like that at a mid-major school. I am excited that we won last night, it's a much better win than Morehead State's record reflects.
11-30-2009 10:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ILIKEKENT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent
I tried channelsufing and the game wouldn't play. IT say i had the wrong ulr and i keeped getting popups with prety woman saying do i want adate or sex or stuff. My dad sad that i better turn off or te computer might get vires abd they were bad womans. So I listend on knr. Green made big shots and sherman good steels too. GO KENT!
11-30-2009 12:46 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(11-30-2009 12:46 PM)ILIKEKENT Wrote:  I tried channelsufing and the game wouldn't play. IT say i had the wrong ulr and i keeped getting popups with prety woman saying do i want adate or sex or stuff. My dad sad that i better turn off or te computer might get vires abd they were bad womans. So I listend on knr. Green made big shots and sherman good steels too. GO KENT!

How old are you ? Someone is raising you right if you are already a KSU fan !
11-30-2009 10:46 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I don't know how he or she is, but ILIKEKENT writes like a 22 year old Zip.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2009 07:14 AM by FlashFan.)
12-01-2009 08:48 PM
TheWJ Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: KENT STATE
Speaking lightly..... Dont be so quick to judge others. I think we should have all realized long ago that some members on this very thread possibly aren't as in good mental standing as say you, I or maybe Frank Henry-Ala.
12-01-2009 09:29 PM
Advertisement

dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(12-01-2009 09:29 PM)TheWJ Wrote:  Speaking lightly..... Dont be so quick to judge others. I think we should have all realized long ago that some members on this very thread possibly aren't as in good mental standing as say you, I or maybe Frank Henry-Ala.

I don't think anyone was "judging" - Speaking for only myself, I enjoy reading everyone's posts regardless of if I agree or disagree with someone's point of view.
12-01-2009 11:22 PM
ILIKEKENT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent
HI danny73. I am 15 almost 16 and stil in high school in special need program. I live in kent close to the colege and always liked Kent teams since forth grade I think. Im not AKron fan!!!!! LOLOLOL I hate the zipps!!!
12-02-2009 07:50 AM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(12-02-2009 07:50 AM)ILIKEKENT Wrote:  HI danny73. I am 15 almost 16 and stil in high school in special need program. I live in kent close to the colege and always liked Kent teams since forth grade I think. Im not AKron fan!!!!! LOLOLOL I hate the zipps!!!

We all hate the Zips ! 03-nutkick
12-02-2009 03:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.