Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coming to Visit
Bookmark and Share
Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Belmont
Coming to Visit
I'm bringing my family down to the game on Thursday. I'm looking forward to a good game with you guys.

Any suggestions for restaurants in the area?
11-29-2009 12:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
RE: Coming to Visit
There are a ton of great restaurants in the area. What kind of food are you looking for? Are you staying right near campus? We have a lot of chain restaurants right near, but if you go to downtown Kennesaw there is a restaurant called 'Capers' which is a great place to eat...great fish, steaks... Just ask the people at your hotel how to get to downtown Kennesaw (it is the historical downtown..small shops, restaurants, railroad depot, etc.).

There is a California Dreamin, Macaroni Grill, Carabba's, Outback, Bahama Breeze, pretty much any big chain restaurant you want.

A good pizza place if you want to take the kids is a place called Johnny's NY Pizza which is on Wade Green road about a mile north of campus. Good Mexican restaurant right on Chastain as well. Hope that helps...

Hope you enjoy Kennesaw. If you head down to Barrett Creek Parkway there is pretty much anything you need as a family.
11-29-2009 02:32 PM
Jeremo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(11-29-2009 02:32 PM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  There are a ton of great restaurants in the area. What kind of food are you looking for? Are you staying right near campus? We have a lot of chain restaurants right near, but if you go to downtown Kennesaw there is a restaurant called 'Capers' which is a great place to eat...great fish, steaks... Just ask the people at your hotel how to get to downtown Kennesaw (it is the historical downtown..small shops, restaurants, railroad depot, etc.).

There is a California Dreamin, Macaroni Grill, Carabba's, Outback, Bahama Breeze, pretty much any big chain restaurant you want.

A good pizza place if you want to take the kids is a place called Johnny's NY Pizza which is on Wade Green road about a mile north of campus. Good Mexican restaurant right on Chastain as well. Hope that helps...

Hope you enjoy Kennesaw. If you head down to Barrett Creek Parkway there is pretty much anything you need as a family.

No no no, if you are looking for the best pizza in Kennesaw then you have to go to Big Pie in the Sky off Jiles Rd. They were featured on Man vs Food on the Food Network.
11-29-2009 02:54 PM
Advertisement

1st String

Never at there when I was still in town. Sounds like a good place. I just always liked Johnny's...the crumbled sausage and the crust are so good.
11-29-2009 03:53 PM
kr983 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Bruin, what kind of dish are you leaning towards?
11-30-2009 05:15 AM
Advertisement

Bruin2002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Belmont
You guys are great with all the choices, thanks. I'm not really picky. I just love to eat. I like to have choices for the family. I'm really looking forward to my first visit to K State. Here's to a good game on both sides.
11-30-2009 08:02 AM
Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
(11-30-2009 08:02 AM)Bruin2002 Wrote:  You guys are great with all the choices, thanks. I'm not really picky. I just love to eat. I like to have choices for the family. I'm really looking forward to my first visit to K State. Here's to a good game on both sides.

The Varsity - adjacent to Towne Center mall is not a bad choice either. I would be interested to get your review from wherever you choose!
11-30-2009 08:07 AM
Advertisement

Go Fly Win Owls! Offline
2nd String

(11-30-2009 08:02 AM)Bruin2002 Wrote:  You guys are great with all the choices, thanks. I'm not really picky. I just love to eat. I like to have choices for the family. I'm really looking forward to my first visit to K State. Here's to a good game on both sides.

The Varsity - adjacent to Towne Center mall is not a bad choice either. I would be interested to get your review from wherever you choose!
11-30-2009 08:18 AM
Nick M Offline
1st String

DonatorsDonators
Old Towne Sports Bar on Hwy 41 just west of campus down Chastain Rd. You will not be dissappointed by the "atmosphere". There's some eye candy but it's dialed down to where everyone can go there and not feel out of place plus the food's great. (Chastain Rd West, Hwy 41 North, On next right next to Goodwill)

Los Reyes, cheap mexican and campus favorite just east of 75 on Chastain. Taco Mac is another good place nearby. Pie in the Sky is good but I haven't been there that often.
11-30-2009 09:06 AM
Advertisement

KSUowl0003 Offline
Bench Warmer

There is also Mellow Mushroom and Ted's Montana grill which are both local franchises which are solid and close to campus

Pie in the sky is solid
11-30-2009 09:16 AM
Jeremo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Wow, when you start looking at it there are a lot of great places around K Saw. Totally agree that Olde Towne is awesome Nick. I was actually there today. The food is really good for your typical bar flare and the ladies are lovely, but not trashy at all. I'm sure if wherever ya'll go will be great.
11-30-2009 06:37 PM
1st String

Ted's Montana Grill has great Bison Burgers...if you like Hamburgers, you will love a Bison Burger...trust me. Capers is a nicer place (probably $15-$25 per meal + you will want to get some wine to complete the meal). I have never liked the Varsity personally, but that was just me. Los Reyes is the best Mexican. Olde Towne is exactly as described...mediocre food with a lot of college co-eds as waitresses. Hope you enjoy the area. If you are there for more than just one day go down to Kennesaw Mountain with the kids and hike the mountain. They have a non-strenuous trail that is a lot of fun if the weather is nice. Good family place.
11-30-2009 08:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.