Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

White Sox Sign Andruw Jones
Bookmark and Share
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
White Sox Sign Andruw Jones
One year deal, $500k with another $1MM that is incentive based.

I don't mind this one...no risk whatsoever and he can be your 4th outfielder.
11-25-2009 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
RE: White Sox Sign Andruw Jones
Yeah.. I'm all for deals like this. Similar to Colon / Garcia, pick up as many guys with potential or had potential and see if they can find it again for a low price.

If they stick, you keep him around like Garcia, if not, no harm done and you kick them to the curb like Colon.
11-25-2009 03:10 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Yeah not bad. Kinda laughable since KW loves signing guys 5 years after they were in their prime but I guess you hope that you catch lightning in a bottle. What happens if Jones struggles in spring training and they don't put him on their opening day roster? Does he still make the $500k or would he start minor league contract money? I'm really interested to see what Jordan Danks does in spring training this year. He was a stud in the AFL.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2009 03:14 PM by armour248.)
11-25-2009 03:14 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Depends on the contract in regards to if he keeps it. With it being only 500K, I don't know if the Sox even care, but I'd imagine there is some kind of clause that involves him being in shape or not getting anything.
11-25-2009 04:37 PM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
It does remind me a lot of the Garcia/Colon deals- no big loss if they fail, huge gain if they can contribute a little.

Nix is going to have to work hard for his roster spot.

2 big pick ups still need to be made in the 3rd OF and DH spots with needs at leadoff and for a mid-order bat.
11-25-2009 05:12 PM
Advertisement

Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
A low risk investment. Nothing more. I think Kenny Williams is strongly telegraphing that the White Sox have little money to spend this offseason and will therefore have to be reliant upon bargain basement acquisitions and the younger guys on that team to take the next step. Key to the Sox in 2010 is Alex Rios in my estimation. If he stays a turd then the Sox are in trouble. But if he can at least be okay on offense AND Carlos Quentin can prove his rookie season was not an aberration then the Sox will be a good team. Their starting rotation is very strong. And pitching is king in baseball.

This spoken by a Cub fan.
11-25-2009 05:23 PM
erob3833 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU,Vols,Sox
(11-25-2009 05:23 PM)Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:  A low risk investment. Nothing more. I think Kenny Williams is strongly telegraphing that the White Sox have little money to spend this offseason and will therefore have to be reliant upon bargain basement acquisitions and the younger guys on that team to take the next step. Key to the Sox in 2010 is Alex Rios in my estimation. If he stays a turd then the Sox are in trouble. But if he can at least be okay on offense AND Carlos Quentin can prove his rookie season was not an aberration then the Sox will be a good team. Their starting rotation is very strong. And pitching is king in baseball.

This spoken by a Cub fan.

exactly right. i think it also hinges on Quentin being healthy and producing.
11-26-2009 02:08 AM
HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
The Sox have the 1999 All-Star team on their bench
11-26-2009 12:00 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
i love the starting rotation for the sox in 2010...

Peavy
Buehrle
Floyd
Danks
Garcia?

however, i'm tired of the aged low average high strikeout players boppers....

as stated previously, 2010 will be big on the performances of Q and Rios...if they come through....look out. however, Rios is just as likely to bomb again as his numbers are trending downward...Q, although having a MVP-esque season in 08, has only 1 proven season under his belt...we still don't know if it was an aberration or if it is truly what he is capable of if healthy
11-26-2009 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
The Chicago White Sox: Where players go when their careers are over

Maybe Harold Baines still has some fight left in him? Loved that guy back when I was a White Sox fan.
11-27-2009 12:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
erob3833 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU,Vols,Sox
(11-27-2009 12:20 AM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  The Chicago White Sox: Where players go when their careers are over

Maybe Harold Baines still has some fight left in him? Loved that guy back when I was a White Sox fan.

i predict rowand will comeback to the sox when he's 45.
11-27-2009 01:33 AM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
(11-27-2009 01:33 AM)erob3833 Wrote:  
(11-27-2009 12:20 AM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  The Chicago White Sox: Where players go when their careers are over

03-lmfao

And Diehard WS fans will still be enthralled.

Like to see KW bring Dye back as a DH if JD wants that role. If not Matsui would be a great addition as a LH hitting DH. Getting the 09 WS MVP on your roster would be a great pickup
11-27-2009 01:38 PM
huskiealum03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU & Go Go Sox
(11-27-2009 01:38 PM)onlinepole Wrote:  
(11-27-2009 01:33 AM)erob3833 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

And Diehard WS fans will still be enthralled.

Like to see KW bring Dye back as a DH if JD wants that role. If not Matsui would be a great addition as a LH hitting DH. Getting the 09 WS MVP on your roster would be a great pickup

i also like matsui as a possible LH DH....very good hitter when healthy and should light it up at the cell
11-27-2009 10:57 PM
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Philly signed Polanco for 3 years.....i am very glad we won't have to see him any longer and will leave a hole in detroits offense and defense.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 03:00 PM by HuskiePride12.)
12-03-2009 03:00 PM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-03-2009 03:00 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  Philly signed Polanco for 3 years.....i am very glad we won't have to see him any longer and will leave a hole in detroits offense and defense.

Sox should've signed him.
12-03-2009 03:32 PM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
Phillies are poised to make another WS run. They are already loaded and Polanco is a solid player and also posseses the always important quality a good "clubhouse guy".
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2009 04:18 PM by NIUtrav09.)
12-03-2009 04:17 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
Although I like Polanco, I am glad Kenny didn't put that kind of money out for him. We need an outfielder/lead off hitter and still a DH. I am surprised we haven't heard many trade rumors with the Sox.
12-03-2009 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.