Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some Oregon fans are classless
Butch the Cougar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Come on! Storming the court after YOUR FIRST ROUND VICTORY IN THE NIT? Pathetic.
03-18-2004 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Morgan@UW Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Did they really? Wow. I gotta hand it to ya, Butch, that is pretty pathetic. Then again...at least they made it to the NIT.
03-18-2004 08:28 PM
Butch the Cougar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Morgan@UW Wrote:Did they really? Wow. I gotta hand it to ya, Butch, that is pretty pathetic. Then again...at least they made it to the NIT.
Yeah, only the NIT. The one tournament no one cares about. What's so significant about a first round NIT victory? Boy, these Oregon fans have to be among the WORST in the country. Storming the court after a victory over Colorado? Pathetic

:stupid: Oregon Suck fans.
03-18-2004 09:55 PM
RacerJoe01
Unregistered

They also did that a few years ago when they won an NIT game. Must be an NIT tradition or something... 03-confused
03-19-2004 04:11 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Morgan@UW Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I suppose that if the Cougars actually won a game at all, they'd rush the court, too.
03-19-2004 08:11 PM
Advertisement

Golden Elvis
Unregistered

Thats a bit overzealous, whats next storming the court following a really good practice!
03-20-2004 01:17 AM
HugeDuckFan1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Maybe the kids stormed the court because we came back from 18 down in the second half. Against a good Colorado team that had 18 wins this season. Why do I keep reading basketball comments from WSU fans? Do you even know what basketball looks like? Butch of course you'd have to ask " What's so significant about a first round NIT victory?" Has WSU ever won one? Ever hosted an NIT game? Let me help you with why any NIT victory is significant. How much revenue do you think comes from two sold out games? Luke Jackson and Oregon was a sportscenter story in a tounament that "nobody cares about." Oregon gets at least two national TV games. Oregon's young players are still getting playing and practice time that teams like WSU and ASU aren't getting. Any tournament play is good for a team. If the best you can do is play in the Pac-10 tournament (WSU) even just for one game (WSU) its good experience for a team and its coaches. We, unlike UW, were not a good enough team to get into the NCAA this season but the NIT is the next best alternative (better than sitting home, right Butch?). If you think that because a bunch of college kids storming the court after a very emotional victory and maybe the biggest comeback that any of them have seen by the Ducks means that "Oregon fans have to be among the WORST in the country" then you are an idiot. Luke Jackson had what Coach Kent desribed as "the best game I'd ever seen by a college player." He scored 29 straight points and 31 of our last 33. In fact, with 8 minutes left in the game he had nine points. That means he scored 31 in the 13 minutes (including overtime) of the game. A performance like that, no matter when its played, is worthy of a good court stormin'. By the way how many Pac-10 teams are still playing?
03-20-2004 03:09 AM
RacerJoe01
Unregistered

HugeDuckFan1 Wrote:He scored 29 straight points and 31 of our last 33.
Holy crap, are you serious? :eek: I watched the end of the game and I think he scored all their points in OT, but WOW! That is insane! 04-bow

BTW, welcome aboard DuckFan. Very solid first post and hopefully it's not you're last. Kick off your shoes and stay a while. 04-cheers
03-20-2004 03:57 AM
Butch the Cougar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HugeDuckFan1 Wrote:A performance like that, no matter when its played, is worthy of a good court stormin'. By the way how many Pac-10 teams are still playing?
Great, so that means you can storm the court with a performance like that after a victory over an Division 2 team eh? Geez, you're an idiot. Oh, the best fans in the country don't storm the court in a game like the NIT. Face it. You're the WORST fans in all of the Pac-10. Moron.
03-20-2004 11:16 AM
Advertisement

HugeDuckFan1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Colorado is a Division 2 team? Before last Wed they were 2-0 vs the Pac-10 this season, they even managed to beat an Oregon State team that WSU couldn't beat. Colorado's RPI is 59, which ranks them ahead of eight Pac-10 teams and 85 spots ahead of WSU (If they are Div 2 what is WSU NAIA?). Colorado was an NCAA tournament team last year and have a first round draft choice playing center for them. Its obvious that you don't know much about basketball and who can blame you? You are a WSU fan.

Speaking of fans the absolute worst fans in the Pac-10 reside in Pullman. I was at the 2002 Oregon vs WSU (2000 and 2001 as well) when an injured Duck players name (Onterrio Smith, who had 285 rushing yards against WSU in 2001) was announced and a cheer erupted though out Idaho's rented stadium. There is nothing worse that fans can do. By cheering the injury of another team's player WSU fans showed exactly how low class they are. It was even worse than when later that year, after enduring another loss to UW, debris rained down on the Husky players and fans. Let's weigh the difference between WSU fans and Oregon fans. What's worse cheering an injury or storming the court after a win? Throwing bottles and garbage on the opposing team because your team "couged it" or storming the court after a win? Like I said if you believe that Oregon has the worst fans you are an idiot and well, Butch, you are an idiot. How do you know that WSU fans don't storm the court after a win? What do you average 50 students a game? The highest ranked team you beat at home was #110.

Forget basketball Butch and explain to me how with WSU in the middle of their greatest three year run in the school's football history did you manage to not sell out a single game? How is it that WSU finished 10th in the Pac-10 in total attendance? And Oregon, who has had a little struggle in football, managed to lead the nation in percentage of tickets sold at 107%. Autzen stadium is in the top ten loudest stadiums in college football and according to Lloyd Carr "the loudest stadium I have ever been in." Mac court is in the top five toughest places to play in. Bill Walton ranks it ahead of Cameron Indoor. Oregon has passionate fans, loud fans, and fans who celebrate great performances and victories. WSU has fans that cheer injury, throw debris at opposing teams, and can't even fill a small football stadium when they are winning. Its no contest WSU fans rank at the bottom of the conference.
03-20-2004 12:32 PM
cheswick Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read. It had nothing to do with an NIT victory. It had to do with Luke Jackson scoring 29 straight points against a pretty good colorado team that has one of the best centers in all of college basketball. Some other commentators said that is one of the most fantastic performances ever in college basket ball. So where are the cougars playing right now? Thats what I thought....no where.....I think you are just frustrated because its 6 months until you (so called) coug fans can throw whisky and beer bottles at other teams again. crawl back under your rock idiot.
03-20-2004 11:04 PM
Butch the Cougar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

cheswick Wrote:That is one of the most idiotic posts I've ever read. It had nothing to do with an NIT victory. It had to do with Luke Jackson scoring 29 straight points against a pretty good colorado team that has one of the best centers in all of college basketball. Some other commentators said that is one of the most fantastic performances ever in college basket ball. So where are the cougars playing right now? Thats what I thought....no where.....I think you are just frustrated because its 6 months until you (so called) coug fans can throw whisky and beer bottles at other teams again. crawl back under your rock idiot.
Two duck fans, two idiotic posts. Since when did scoring 29 straight points against COLORADO inspired you to storm the court. Huh? This is just an NIT game. You have no excuse to storm the court. Secondly, why did you storm the court against a pitiful UCLA squad? You duck fans are so lame.

Oh, stop bringing up football topics since we're talking basketball. Alright? Dumba$$es!
03-21-2004 02:02 PM
HugeDuckFan1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That's the best you could come up with? Stop bringing up football because it makes you and the rest of the WSU fans look stupid? Because your football fans act like a bunch or two year olds who didn't get their way. I can't really use your basketball fans as an example in this discussion because A) You don't have any fans that go to games (well you did average 4277 a game) and B) You never have a reason to storm the court. What reason would cougar fans have to celebrate? That you are the 8th best team in a weak Pac-10 conference or that you are the 3rd best team in Eastern Washington. If I remember right there was quite a few cougar fans on the court after you locked up the 8th place finish by beating Cal. What is more of a reason to storm the court a tournament victory or securing 8th place? Hell, talking college basketball with a WSU fan is like talking NCAA baseball with a Duck, neither one of us has a program.

I will do my best to answer this brilliant question. "Since when did scoring 29 straight points against COLORADO inspired you to storm the court. Huh?" When in the history of COLORADO basketball has a player scored 29 straight points on them that the fans have not stormed the court? 100% of the time that a player has acheived that amazing feat the fans have stormed the court. I hope that answers your question. By the way when was the last time in a NCAA division1 basketball game that a player scored 29 straight points for their team? Did we storm the court after we beat UCLA by one on Senior day? I know a lot of the students went on to the court to give some congrats to Luke Jackson (maybe the schools all-time greatest player) on the victory in what could have been his last game at Mac court. Again for WSU fans who have never had a player that is anywhere near the level of a Luke Jackson you probably won't understand.

Anyway I am growing tired of make you look like an idiot everytime you post the same boring argument. You have shown yourself to be just another bitter coug fan. If you don't like the fact the the Duck students come out on to the court after games fine. Don't watch us. Of course that will severly limit the amount of Pac-10 basketball games you will be watching for the rest of this season. For any of you fans that still want to see a Pac-10 team play: Tue 8:30PM PST on ESPN2. GO Ducks!!!
03-21-2004 04:47 PM
Advertisement

Butch the Cougar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

[QUOTE]100% of the time that a player has acheived that amazing feat the fans have stormed the court.

That's a lie. You know it.
03-21-2004 07:29 PM
HugeDuckFan1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That's a lie? How many other times has a player scored 29 straight points on COLORADO? The answer is zero times. So Jackson did it last Wed and the students stormed the court. Lets keep score; that's one time that the feat has been achieved against COLORADO and one time the court has been stormed beacause of the feat. That would be one out of one (1/1) or one hundred percent (100%). I am again right and you are still an idiot.

Prove me wrong. Name another Division I player that has scored 29 straight points for their team and provide a link.
03-21-2004 08:54 PM
Butch the Cougar Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

HugeDuckFan1 Wrote:That's a lie? How many other times has a player scored 29 straight points on COLORADO? The answer is zero times. So Jackson did it last Wed and the students stormed the court. Lets keep score; that's one time that the feat has been achieved against COLORADO and one time the court has been stormed beacause of the feat. That would be one out of one (1/1) or one hundred percent (100%). I am again right and you are still an idiot.

Prove me wrong. Name another Division I player that has scored 29 straight points for their team and provide a link.
Scoring 29 straight points on one opponent still does not give you the right to storm the floor. This is JUST round one of the NIT and you know it. You're an idiot. Nuff said.
03-21-2004 09:38 PM
Morgan@UW Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Wow, there has been a lot of action going on since I left for spring break. HugeDuckFan1: Holy hell, you have some awesome posts going on. You have some great stats to back up your arguments, too. Butch got taken to school. But be careful what you say...Butch and his WSU education will have a time understanding it. Good luck to the Ducks tonight against Notre Dame. I hope WSU fans enjoyed watching three other Washington schools and three other PAC-10 schools that actually had a post-season this year from the comfort of their trailor parks.
03-25-2004 05:38 PM
Advertisement

Cougar Fan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Morgan@UW Wrote:HugeDuckFan1: Holy hell, you have some awesome posts going on.  You have some great stats to back up your arguments, too.
HugeDuckFan1 has some boring posts on this site.
04-12-2004 09:51 PM
Morgan@UW Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

At least he can back up his posts with facts.
04-12-2004 11:08 PM
Cougar Fan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Morgan@UW Wrote:At least he can back up his posts with facts.
Morgan@UW backs up posts with excuses, not facts.
04-13-2004 05:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.