Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Today's game probably won't tell us much...
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Today's game probably won't tell us much...
about our team. Harding lost to ORU last night 99-70. So we get a tired Harding team (certainly sounds like it was an fast paced game) that was trounced by 30 last night. I know comparative scores mean very little, but since we play ORU in a few weeks it will be somewhat interesting to see how our score against Harding compares to theirs.
11-08-2009 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ynocpirt Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: Today's game probably won't tell us much...
I know comparative scores mean very little, but since we play ORU in a few weeks it will be somewhat interesting to see how our score against Harding compares to theirs.
[/quote]

Considering comparative scores is one of those things we know we shouldn't do but can't help doing it anyway.
11-08-2009 11:37 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2009 11:27 AM)mjs Wrote:  about our team. Harding lost to ORU last night 99-70. So we get a tired Harding team (certainly sounds like it was an fast paced game) that was trounced by 30 last night. I know comparative scores mean very little, but since we play ORU in a few weeks it will be somewhat interesting to see how our score against Harding compares to theirs.

According to Jeff, the one thing it will probably tell us is the rotation for the Ole Miss game, which Steve was quoted as saying will probably be the same for Ole Miss as it is for Harding. I think Steve has already figured out who is ready to play this year, and unless someone really improves dramatically in the next few weeks it's pretty well set for the season. Players have had plenty of time to show what they can do. And with closed practices, coaches should have been able to really focus on each individual player's strengths and weaknesses. Now it's just a matter of playing together and gaining confidence with each other.04-cheers
11-08-2009 12:24 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
I'll be shocked I'd we score 99 points.
11-08-2009 01:47 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

It told me something. Did tell anyone else anything?
11-08-2009 07:29 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-08-2009 07:29 PM)insideualr Wrote:  It told me something. Did tell anyone else anything?

Yes, it told me something. I was assuming we would win by 25 or so points. A 25 point win over a tired team would have meant nothing to me. A loss is a different story. Especially, because just about everyone of their top players had fouled out by the end of the game. We lost to the second string of a DII team (a very average DII at that). I take back my earlier recommendation that we should play the best team in the Gulf South every year.
11-08-2009 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.