Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats Temple
Bookmark and Share
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Congrats Temple
Congrats on the win tonight. As I already expected, you guys have a solid team this year. 5 straight wins, right? Go out now and win the MAC.
10-24-2009 09:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TempleU22 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
RE: Congrats Temple
(10-24-2009 09:03 PM)rocketfootball Wrote:  Congrats on the win tonight. As I already expected, you guys have a solid team this year. 5 straight wins, right? Go out now and win the MAC.

Thank you sir. The game clearly would have been much tighter with Opelt at the helm for you guys though.
10-24-2009 09:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

(10-24-2009 09:06 PM)TempleU22 Wrote:  
(10-24-2009 09:03 PM)rocketfootball Wrote:  Congrats on the win tonight. As I already expected, you guys have a solid team this year. 5 straight wins, right? Go out now and win the MAC.

Thank you sir. The game clearly would have been much tighter with Opelt at the helm for you guys though.

I kind of think so too, but unfortunately I think you still win. And if Pierce would have been 100% he would have had over 200 yards. It was obvious on several plays when he walked to the sideline that he was hurting. And he's just a true freshman. Man!
10-24-2009 09:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tchaump Offline
Bench Warmer

Good luck the rest of the season. Looks like at least 7 wins for you guys. That true freshman QB has some talent. Very accurate.
10-24-2009 09:09 PM
Owls Head Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple Owls
Thank you Mr. Rocket, you are a good fan 04-cheers
10-24-2009 09:10 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

Well Pierce has 198 and he's not 100%, so imagine an 100% healthy Pierce 03-wink

Anyway, thanks RF. Good luck the rest of the season.
10-24-2009 09:10 PM
Advertisement

tchaump Offline
Bench Warmer

Oh, and Barry Church is a beast. That guy was all over the place. Definitely lived up to the hype, despite the final score.
10-24-2009 09:12 PM
OUBOBCATJOHN Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ohio Bobcats
Temple answered any doubters after tonite. They should win the East and may give CMU a nice battle. They have a running game and a defense. That gives them a chance each week.
10-24-2009 09:21 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I want Barry Church on the Eagles right now. Forget college, because he has no place in the college game right now.
10-24-2009 09:27 PM
TempleU22 Offline
Special Teams

That play where Barry Church caught BP from behind impressed me. You won't see many linebackers doing that. BP is a fast man.
10-24-2009 09:28 PM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

(10-24-2009 09:09 PM)tchaump Wrote:  

Good luck the rest of the season. Looks like at least 7 wins for you guys. That true freshman QB has some talent. Very accurate.

Actually that was our 3rd string JUCO transfer QB. It was his first career start. The true freshman suffered a high ankle sprain late in the game against NIU and was out, along with Opelt, for tonight's game. The 3rd stringer did make some mistakes, like that one INT right to the Temple guy......but for a 3rd teamer getting his first career start he didn't really do that bad.

7 games is going to be tough now for Toledo. We are 4-4. We play at Miami, At Central Michigan, vs Eastern Michigan, and at Bowling Green. Don't think we beat CMU, so we would have to win the rest.
10-24-2009 09:29 PM
Advertisement

rocketfootball Offline
Legend

Thanks about the comments about Church. He's been doing that his whole career. Even against Ohio State he was making some great one on one tackles. He was originally a strong safety for us, but moved to the LB/Safety hybrid position last year. We are really going to miss him next season.
10-24-2009 09:31 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-24-2009 09:31 PM)rocketfootball Wrote:  Thanks about the comments about Church. He's been doing that his whole career. Even against Ohio State he was making some great one on one tackles. He was originally a strong safety for us, but moved to the LB/Safety hybrid position last year. We are really going to miss him next season.

Well you'll see him all over ESPN, so that's some consolation.
10-24-2009 09:36 PM
victory engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: ']['emple
The game was a great win for the owls... Hopefully we can play Toledo again soon. RAH RAH TOLEDO
10-24-2009 09:39 PM
Owls Head Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Temple Owls
(10-24-2009 09:39 PM)victory engineer Wrote:  The game was a great win for the owls... Hopefully we can play Toledo again soon. RAH RAH TOLEDO

I like that space ship on their field... has some sort of Flash Gordon vibe or something?
10-24-2009 09:55 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
congrats owls.. i still think cmu is the best team in the league, but you guys clearly look like the best in the east... You will like playing in ford field.
10-24-2009 09:55 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Congrats to Temple on the win. It's a shame that Opelt or Dantin weren't availible.Pettee is not a spread QB.He is not a threat to run or
throw the deep ball to stretch the field.Made the Rocket Offense much more manageable from a defensive standpoint and put the UT defense on the field way too often.
10-25-2009 07:28 AM
JSF Offline
Rich, Good Looking, Has a Rapist Wit

I Root For: World Peace
Statement game by the Owls. They're clearly the favorites in the East.
10-26-2009 05:24 PM
zrb2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: U at Buffalo
I like what Temple's done this year. They have a good team no doubt. I also think they are getting the perfect scheduling. They avoided the tough Michigan schools and Bowling Green, AGAIN. They caught Toledo without their top shelf QB and they got UB early enough when young Maynard didn't have his head screwed on right.....and before they unleashed Nduka as the #1 RB and committed to him.
So congrats Temple and good luck. I actually like seeing new teams in the MAC Championship game like Buffalo last year. This is exactly why Temple joined the MAC, to be able to compete and win a conference, instead of making their fans miserable every year.
10-28-2009 01:21 PM
victory engineer Offline
1st String

I Root For: ']['emple
IMHO Temple is also a much better team then when they faced Buffalo. Bernard Pierce has since become our #1 also... just the #3 freshmen RB in the country.

Scheduling, will not be na issue since we should have a crack at most likely CMU in detriot and the east will not come down to tiebreakers.
10-28-2009 01:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.