Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Scotto, you'd better enjoy this testimony
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Scotto, you'd better enjoy this testimony
Arkansas was very impressive today. They really outplayed Florida. They deserved to win the game, although the deserving ones don't always get what's coming to them. The defense played very well. I believe Florida is the better team, but they really weren't today. Ryan Mallett is NFL all the way. What an arm. Tebo pulled it out today, but the pig defense gave him hell all day.
10-17-2009 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
RE: Scotto, you'd better enjoy this testimony
Agreed. It was one heck of a game.

Next week is the important game. Hogs travel to Oxford.
10-17-2009 08:45 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(10-17-2009 08:45 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Agreed. It was one heck of a game.

It was a heck of a game. And Arkansas did it without their best running back and best receiver. Florida had 4 turnovers, Arkansas had zero. That's the stat that often causes major upsets to take place. Arkansas just missed too many chances- 2 missed field goals, Mallet missed 2 wide open receivers in the end zone, and Childs not holding on to the touchdown pass in the end zone (granted it would have been a great catch, but that's the kind of play you need to pull the upset).
10-17-2009 09:04 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-17-2009 09:04 PM)mjs Wrote:  

It was a heck of a game. And Arkansas did it without their best running back and best receiver. Florida had 4 turnovers, Arkansas had zero. That's the stat that often causes major upsets to take place. Arkansas just missed too many chances- 2 missed field goals, Mallet missed 2 wide open receivers in the end zone, and Childs not holding on to the touchdown pass in the end zone (granted it would have been a great catch, but that's the kind of play you need to pull the upset).

Dennis Johnson has the ability to be a big time back. He is nearly impossible for one man to bring down unless they get him stacked at the line. He's only a sophomore, has 4.3 speed. Yes that right. 4.3. I look for him to be the man for the next two years. Much better back than Broderick Green, and Wingo will be good, but Johnson looks like the man.
Speed and low center of gravity. Great combination for a back.01-lauramac2
10-17-2009 10:14 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-17-2009 09:04 PM)mjs Wrote:  

But without those two horrific calls by the referees, they could have still won. I will guarantee those referees will be called out by the league office. Pass interference was a horrible call, and the call on Malcolm Shephard is maybe the worst call I ever saw. I'd check that official's bank account next week. Even the announcers, who usually sugar coat those things saw that if anyone should have been penalized, it should have been the Florida player for hitting Shephard 25 yards away from the play. Petrino might be willing to pay a big fine to speak out publicly on those two calls. But it's a shame the Hogs played so well, and should have won that game. But they didn't make a few plays that could have cinched the game. Overthrown passes to open receivers in the end zone, and two missed field goals at crunch time. Got to find a punter and a kicker. Pitiful.03-weeping
10-17-2009 10:21 PM
bigdhl Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Arkansas didn't take advantage of their opportunities. They had chances handed to them. Four turnovers inside the 30 and they still couldn't win the game. They only have themselves to blame. Good teams overcome bad games, Florida did just that.
10-17-2009 10:55 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-17-2009 10:55 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  Arkansas didn't take advantage of their opportunities. They had chances handed to them. Four turnovers inside the 30 and they still couldn't win the game. They only have themselves to blame. Good teams overcome bad games, Florida did just that.

Good points. Florida played about as bad as they can play. It's probably been forever since they lost the turnover battle 4 to zero. They're just lucky it didn't happen last week against LSU. It was the only way Arkansas could conceivably win the game and they almost did. Really only have themselves to blame for the loss- but you know Arkansas fans will blame the refs like always. This could have been Florida's one "slip up" on the way to the SEC Championship game, but they survived like great teams somehow seem to do.
10-17-2009 11:54 PM
Scotto Offline

It was a heck of a game. The better team won. No excuses here.
10-18-2009 12:03 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-18-2009 12:03 AM)Scotto Wrote:  It was a heck of a game. The better team won. No excuses here.

You have a much better and healthier attitude than most fans. No doubt the better team won. No doubt Arkansas could have easily won if any one of several plays went it the other way. But you could probably say that about just about every football game that goes to the wire. I was surprised that I haven't heard much bitching about the refs this year, but then I remembered that this was the first close game that Arkansas has played this year.

I will agree that the personal foul call on the touchdown drive that tied the game was a bad call that should have never been made. But, Tebow was moving the team at will at that point so I doubt it really changed anything. Your view on the any of the other "questionable" calls would probably depend on whether you were wearing blue or red.
10-18-2009 12:30 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

Speaking of officiating...
(10-18-2009 12:30 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(10-18-2009 12:03 AM)Scotto Wrote:  It was a heck of a game. The better team won. No excuses here.

You have a much better and healthier attitude than most fans. No doubt the better team won. No doubt Arkansas could have easily won if any one of several plays went it the other way. But you could probably say that about just about every football game that goes to the wire. I was surprised that I haven't heard much bitching about the refs this year, but then I remembered that this was the first close game that Arkansas has played this year.

I will agree that the personal foul call on the touchdown drive that tied the game was a bad call that should have never been made. But, Tebow was moving the team at will at that point so I doubt it really changed anything. Your view on the any of the other "questionable" calls would probably depend on whether you were wearing blue or red.

I have to admit that almost nothing annoys me more than UALR fans that blame the refs after we lose or believe there's some sort of "conspiracy" against us. Refs are trying to do the best job they can; they're human and make mistakes; some make more than others. I just don't believe they come into Little Rock with a plan to "screw" the home team. They're just as likely to make a bad call for us as against us- they usually balance out over the course of a game. Most of our officials are probably more worried about the SEC game they are going to officiate the next night, then trying to screw UALR.
10-18-2009 12:39 AM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
RE: Speaking of officiating...
(10-18-2009 12:39 AM)mjs Wrote:  

I have to admit that almost nothing annoys me more than UALR fans that blame the refs after we lose or believe there's some sort of "conspiracy" against us. Refs are trying to do the best job they can; they're human and make mistakes; some make more than others. I just don't believe they come into Little Rock with a plan to "screw" the home team. They're just as likely to make a bad call for us as against us- they usually balance out over the course of a game. Most of our officials are probably more worried about the SEC game they are going to officiate the next night, then trying to screw UALR.

No hog fan am I. But, I did watch most of this game and ended up with 2 or 3 observations. No doubt the hogs were victims of some home town officiating. I also believe the NCAA needs to take a look at pass interference, Defenders are having to much contact with receivers. Last, I have been watching college football since the days of the Flyng Wedge and the Four Horsemen and Tim Tebow is the best COLLEGE football player I have seen.
10-18-2009 08:46 AM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(10-17-2009 11:54 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(10-17-2009 10:55 PM)bigdhl Wrote:  Arkansas didn't take advantage of their opportunities. They had chances handed to them. Four turnovers inside the 30 and they still couldn't win the game. They only have themselves to blame. Good teams overcome bad games, Florida did just that.

Good points. Florida played about as bad as they can play. It's probably been forever since they lost the turnover battle 4 to zero. They're just lucky it didn't happen last week against LSU. It was the only way Arkansas could conceivably win the game and they almost did. Really only have themselves to blame for the loss- but you know Arkansas fans will blame the refs like always. This could have been Florida's one "slip up" on the way to the SEC Championship game, but they survived like great teams somehow seem to do.

I agree with that statement. Tebo is great no doubt, but after watching that game, it looked to me as if Florida's running game(minus Tebo of course)is suspect. I would be surprised if repeat as national champs. Take nothing away from the pigs though, they outplayed them yesterday.
10-18-2009 08:54 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-18-2009 08:46 AM)DollarBill Wrote:  

No hog fan am I. But, I did watch most of this game and ended up with 2 or 3 observations. No doubt the hogs were victims of some home town officiating. I also believe the NCAA needs to take a look at pass interference, Defenders are having to much contact with receivers. Last, I have been watching college football since the days of the Flyng Wedge and the Four Horsemen and Tim Tebow is the best COLLEGE football player I have seen.

Tebow is undoubtedly one of the greatest "college" football players in history. To my knowledge, there's never been a combination of size, skill and brute strength in one player. His greatest asset is being able to keep the chains moving. If you need two to four yards for a first down, he'd very hard to stop. If he gets just a little opening, he'll make that yardage nearly every time. Some people don't think he'll make it in the pros as a quarterback. I have to disagree. He is the consumate team leader. He's a winner. Might not the the classic passer, but he'll beat you in a lot of ways. I'd sure want him on my team.04-cheers
10-18-2009 10:47 AM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
(10-18-2009 10:47 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  

Tebow is undoubtedly one of the greatest "college" football players in history. To my knowledge, there's never been a combination of size, skill and brute strength in one player. His greatest asset is being able to keep the chains moving. If you need two to four yards for a first down, he'd very hard to stop. If he gets just a little opening, he'll make that yardage nearly every time. Some people don't think he'll make it in the pros as a quarterback. I have to disagree. He is the consumate team leader. He's a winner. Might not the the classic passer, but he'll beat you in a lot of ways. I'd sure want him on my team.04-cheers

The NFL? That's an interesting question. Just from what I have seen on TV, I would not expect him to make it in the pros, not as a quarterback. Don't believe he is that good of a passer and he wouldn't last long at all running with the ball. We will likely know the answer soon. What I saw yesterday is that the pro prospect would be #33 Johnson for the hogs. He has the body and speed to make it in the NFL.
10-18-2009 11:24 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-18-2009 11:24 AM)DollarBill Wrote:  

The NFL? That's an interesting question. Just from what I have seen on TV, I would not expect him to make it in the pros, not as a quarterback. Don't believe he is that good of a passer and he wouldn't last long at all running with the ball. We will likely know the answer soon. What I saw yesterday is that the pro prospect would be #33 Johnson for the hogs. He has the body and speed to make it in the NFL.

I definitely agree with you about Dennis Johnson. He's a very powerful and fast runner. He must have huge lower body strength and has terrific balance. That's what makes a great runner. About Tebow. I remember Joe Kapp, the tough quarterback for the Vikings, who wasn't a great passer, but he'd run over you, and his passes, though wobbly, could get to the receivers. I see Tebow as a more talented, and larger Joe Kapp. If I'm the Raiders, I'd get rid of Jamarcus Russell and draft Tebow. He could possibly turn that losing franchise into a winning one again. Look for the Dolphins, Buc, or Jaguars to draft Tebow if they have the chance. Can you imagine if one of the Florida teams can sign him what a fan favorite he'd be. I think he's the type of quarterback who can eventually lead a team to the Super Bowl.04-cheers
10-18-2009 12:09 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-18-2009 12:09 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

I definitely agree with you about Dennis Johnson. He's a very powerful and fast runner. He must have huge lower body strength and has terrific balance. That's what makes a great runner. About Tebow. I remember Joe Kapp, the tough quarterback for the Vikings, who wasn't a great passer, but he'd run over you, and his passes, though wobbly, could get to the receivers. I see Tebow as a more talented, and larger Joe Kapp. If I'm the Raiders, I'd get rid of Jamarcus Russell and draft Tebow. He could possibly turn that losing franchise into a winning one again. Look for the Dolphins, Buc, or Jaguars to draft Tebow if they have the chance. Can you imagine if one of the Florida teams can sign him what a fan favorite he'd be. I think he's the type of quarterback who can eventually lead a team to the Super Bowl.04-cheers

Don't know about Tebo in the NFL. I'm certainly no expert- but most who consider themselves experts don't see him as an NFL quarterback. He actually threw the ball better then I thought he could yesterday. I know, I know, he was playing against a secondary that made Georgia's Cox look like a Heisman candidate, but I think they've improved since then.
10-18-2009 12:40 PM
Advertisement

LR Alum Offline
1st String

Scotto, the folks in Georgia were extremely pissed about Florida winning. They were all in agreement that the refs screwed the Hogs. Of course, you know Georgia fans hate Florida with a passion. It would have helped if the kicker made those field goals.
10-19-2009 07:06 PM
Scotto Offline

This weekend's game at Oxford is the big game. A win over Florida would have been unexpected, to say the least. Hogs look much improved.

The SEC rocks.
10-19-2009 07:13 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

If they use him right the next two years, barring injury, he'll be a Heisman candidate his senior year. Just look at Ray Rice who plays for the Ravens. It's nearly like watching Dennis Johnson. Rice was a Heisman candidate at Rutgers. Didn't win, but he's a heckofa player.04-cheers
10-19-2009 08:37 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

Just read that the refs for the UAF/Florida game have been reprimanded the SEC and will not get to officiate again until Nov. 14th.
10-21-2009 06:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.