Lights at Barker-Lane??
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
Lights at Barker-Lane??
I keep hearing a buzz about lights at the football stadium. Does anyone know the real scoop on this? Are we getting them? If so, will they go up before the remainder of the stadium is completed?

Not sure how I feel about this. The first home game of the season will always be a scorcher in the Sandhills. But, the majority of the season is pleasant at mid-day.

Several factors can figure into this.....opponent travel, fan travel, tailgating, even team practices.

Thoughts?
10-12-2009 09:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CU97 Offline
Bench Warmer

RE: Lights at Barker-Lane??
i did hear saturday at the game that a gift is in the works. but its to name the fieldhouse. thats a 3 mil price tag. not heard anything on the lights. as per the person i was speaking with, the 3 mil would finish off the stadium. im sure that includes lights.
10-12-2009 10:23 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I have not heard whether or not we will get lights. We need to have lights. We could play the games in the late afternoon or at night and I believe get better attendance. Many people don't want to sit out in 85 to 100 degree weather.

I think it should be in connection with the rest of the stadium. I would not put up lights until you get the stadium constructed.
10-12-2009 12:33 PM
camels7778 Offline
2nd String

I agree lights are needed. I think the rest of the stadium needs to be completed first but if it is all part of one big project I am all for getting it all done at once. I think lights would make the games more attended as well. Plus it would make football an event and not just a game. Similar to what it is like at other places that have college football.
10-12-2009 01:19 PM
Advertisement

LurkingDog Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Drake
Another benefit of lights is more flexibility in avoiding scheduling conflicts with (televised) ACC games.
10-12-2009 08:58 PM
Camel76 Offline
Bench Warmer

Lurkingdog, that's the greatest benefit; I know growing up in the piedmont, we go see Wake, UNC, Duke and State on Saturday afternoons and go see Elon play old Carolina Conference games on Saturday nights. Those Saturday night games against LR, Carson Newman, Catawba, PC, Western Carolina, App St, Wofford, were usually much more entertaining games and there was no conflict with ACC games
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 09:35 PM by Camel76.)
10-12-2009 09:31 PM
newcampbellfan Offline
Water Engineer

Lights are expensive, but definitely worth it. Would help this old man when driving to Saturday games as well... Could leave early Saturday morning instead of Friday afternoon with a hotel room involved..
10-13-2009 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.