1.) Troy (+2) Big W over MTSU; top dogs again
2.) ULM (+1) bye; 2-0 in SBC play
3.) MTSU (-2) couldn't hang with Troy
4.) ULL (+1) hangs on to beat UNT
5.) ASU (-1) bye; travels to ULM this week
6.) FIU (-) doesn't give WKU what they need
7.) UNT (+1) tough road loss @ UL; may be on the way back
8.) FAU (-1) bye
9.) WKU (-) Who will be their first win?
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 08:20 AM by FIUFan.)
10-12-2009 08:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
RE: SBC Power Ranking - Week 6
Mine would be:
1) Troy
2) ULM (subject to change after Tuesday's game)
3) ASU (subject to change after Tuesday's game)
4) MTSU
5) ULL
6) UNT
7) FAU
8) FIU
9) WKU

(10-12-2009 08:13 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  Here is the Sun Belt Conference Power Ranking after week 6:

8.) FAU (-1) bye
10-12-2009 10:09 AM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(10-12-2009 08:13 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  Here is the Sun Belt Conference Power Ranking after week 6:

8.) FAU (-1) bye

My opinion,

1.) Troy - Showing muscle again as class of the league...still absolutely baffled by the Bowling Green debacle, I know Troys better than them.
2.) ASU - This team is senior laden and on the upswing, game tomorrow will be their make it or break it game.
3.) ULM - Showing some muscle early on in the sunbelt, still a little worried that they haven't played anyone that is top echelon of the belt, but I do still put them in the top 3 in the belt. The game Tuesday will really shed light to where they are.
4.) MTSU - Showed deep weakness last week, when Dasher is on, their one of the top 2 teams in the belt, but if last week showed us anything, it was that when he's off, they can be one of the bottom 2 as well. Still they are a good team, just a little Jeckle and Hyde but more good than bad.
5.) Louisiana - Squeaked out a win vs UNT last week, it was ugly, it was sloppy, but it was a win. The Cardiac Cajuns have just kept finding ways to win. They won't be as lucky against the 4 teams ranked above them so they better heal their offensive woes, and quick.
6.) UNT - This team is improved, ridiculously improved, and while they still aren't at the point of moving up and taking over one of the top 5 slots, they are more than deserving of a higher ranking than most believe. I think they'll win 3 more games, with a chance at 4.
7.) FIU - A conference win has to mean something right? Well in my opinion what it meant was that they aren't #8 on this list, I've seen some bright spots on this team, but thats just it, their just spots. The offense is starting to get going, but their defense has allowed 40 points in 3 of their 5 games, and allowed an awful WKU offense to score 20 points. Bottom line, to move up the list, FIU will have to get a defense.
8.) FAU - What has happened to this team, Rusty Smith has looked, well, rusty (excuse the pun). They have been the biggest disappointment of the sunbelt season thus far. They have the peices to turn this around, but this upcoming road trip could get ugly as I think they will lose to both NT and UL on the road further complicating their already muddled season.
9.) WKU - Wow...I don't know what to say, I just don't think Elson is the answer for WKU, the difference between FCS and FBS is a lot bigger than most WKU fans originally thought. Jackes is a nice building block to start with, but I think he would be best utilized under a new head coach.
10-12-2009 01:39 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

I Root For: FIU
7.) FIU - A conference win has to mean something right? Well in my opinion what it meant was that they aren't #8 on this list, I've seen some bright spots on this team, but thats just it, their just spots. The offense is starting to get going, but their defense has allowed 40 points in 3 of their 5 games, and allowed an awful WKU offense to score 20 points. Bottom line, to move up the list, FIU will have to get a defense.

Awful WKU offense? a.) Isn't this the same offense that scored 22 points, on the road, against a very good Navy team? b.) Didn't WKU have 2 weeks to prepare for FIU? c.) T.Y. went down mid-way through the 1st Q. having touched the ball twice (i.e. the offense didn't have as many weapons as they might have had).

So I'm giving some credit to FIU's much maligned defense here. 04-rock
10-12-2009 02:20 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(10-12-2009 01:39 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  6.) UNT - This team is improved, ridiculously improved, and while they still aren't at the point of moving up and taking over one of the top 5 slots, they are more than deserving of a higher ranking than most believe. I think they'll win 3 more games, with a chance at 4.

UNT is coming back, and I'm glad to see it.
10-12-2009 02:39 PM
NCowl Offline
Go Owls!

I Root For: FAU
(10-12-2009 02:39 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(10-12-2009 01:39 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  6.) UNT - This team is improved, ridiculously improved, and while they still aren't at the point of moving up and taking over one of the top 5 slots, they are more than deserving of a higher ranking than most believe. I think they'll win 3 more games, with a chance at 4.

UNT is coming back, and I'm glad to see it.

Just hopefully NOT this week.

GO OWLS!!!
10-13-2009 02:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
has FAU officially fallen?

Is the NEW Class of the Belt: Troy, Arkansas State, Middle Tennessee, and ULM? weird not seeing Florida Atlantic in that talk.
10-13-2009 03:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(10-13-2009 03:06 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  has FAU officially fallen?

Is the NEW Class of the Belt: Troy, Arkansas State, Middle Tennessee, and ULM? weird not seeing Florida Atlantic in that talk.

Troy,ASU and MTSU have always finished in the top half of the belt. ULM has just joined us this year. FAU had a couple of good years which means nothing unless they continue there success. Don't forget about ULL. They always seem to find a way to finish in the top four.
10-13-2009 05:35 PM
WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WKU

No one can officially fall until WKU beats them!
10-13-2009 06:05 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(10-13-2009 06:05 PM)WKULooseCannon90 Wrote:  

that's not a fair measuring stick, yall don't beat anybody! 05-stirthepot

No one can officially fall until WKU beats them!
10-13-2009 07:01 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(10-13-2009 05:35 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

Troy,ASU and MTSU have always finished in the top half of the belt. ULM has just joined us this year. FAU had a couple of good years which means nothing unless they continue there success. Don't forget about ULL. They always seem to find a way to finish in the top four.

I think you can safely remove ASU from that list now, not sure what they've ever done in the belt in the past. And as far as MTSU....nice OCC's but it's time to put your big boy pants on. 05-stirthepot

FAU's not done, they've only got one loss in the Belt and ULM ceratinly looked beatable last night. Point is, it's too early to write any one off just yet.
10-14-2009 08:11 AM
Advertisement

statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(10-14-2009 08:11 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
(10-13-2009 05:35 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  

I think you can safely remove ASU from that list now, not sure what they've ever done in the belt in the past. And as far as MTSU....nice OCC's but it's time to put your big boy pants on. 05-stirthepot

FAU's not done, they've only got one loss in the Belt and ULM ceratinly looked beatable last night. Point is, it's too early to write any one off just yet.

If they were beatable then why did FIU lose to them.05-stirthepot
10-14-2009 08:54 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

The point being made was that I don't think ULM runs the table (esp. the way they played last night...talk about going into a shell in the second half, I'm really surprised ASU didn't take the lead and force them to do something).

And if teams start improving they are not out of the race; it's still early. This all goes back to talk about FAU being done.
10-14-2009 09:21 AM
InjunJohn Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(10-14-2009 09:21 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  The point being made was that I don't think ULM runs the table (esp. the way they played last night...talk about going into a shell in the second half, I'm really surprised ASU didn't take the lead and force them to do something).

And if teams start improving they are not out of the race; it's still early. This all goes back to talk about FAU being done.
Last night was a game between one of the best offenses in the SBC versus the best defense in the SBC in terrible weather conditions. Both defenses showed up and played extremely well.

As far as ULM going into a shell in the second half, you did see where ULM lost their QB for the game and a redshirt freshman had to come in, did you not? I dare say that most, if not all, of the SBC teams would have slowed down after losing their starting QB. And you did see that one drive where the offense did what it needed to do, drive the field and use up about 7 minutes of clock, limting the amount of time for ASU? The only downside was the FG bouncing off the goal post. Now, if Revell is out for any significant amount of time then there is great cause for concern. But who knows, many a young QB has stepped up and surprised folks when thrust into the fire.
10-14-2009 09:46 AM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

Troy is three deep at starting quality QB's. 03-thumbsup

sure hope Revelle gets back before yall play us though, I want to go up against the best ULM has to offer.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2009 09:51 AM by Burn the Horse.)
10-14-2009 09:51 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Two did for Troy last year.
10-14-2009 09:51 AM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

two what?
10-14-2009 09:54 AM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Exactly...once Revell went down, ULM's offense went down as well. That's one reason ULM looked so bad in the second half. Now, let's see how they can withstand the pressure of being the hunted, especially if their (surprisingly) very good QB stays out for an indefinite period of time. Remember that the SBC, it seems, always finds a way to make things interesting in the conference race....

ULM is on the driver's seat so far, sure. But it's still way too early to anoint the SBC elite this year just yet.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2009 10:15 AM by FIUFanatic.)
10-14-2009 10:13 AM
ULMSOT Offline
Special Teams

yea, well, lets see what the ® freshman can do after working the the 1st team for a while.
10-14-2009 10:24 AM
ULMSOT Offline
Special Teams

we went conservative play calling once wells came in. We also had several drops with him throwing. Didnt help his confidence any.
10-14-2009 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.