his wife passed away yesterday per Hobson, my condolences Mike

10-09-2009 10:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Slypenny Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC/UK/FSU/NKU
RE: Mike Zimmer
Yeah sorry to hear the news. Best wishes are with his family.

Bengals coach's wife dies

Vikki Zimmer, the wife of Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, passed away Thursday in Cincinnati.

The Zimmers were married for 27 years, with three children. Vikki Zimmer was born in Layton, Utah. She and Mike met during Mike’s coaching tenure (1981-88) at Weber State University in Ogden, Utah.

“We are stunned and saddened to learn of Vikki’s passing,” said Bengals president Mike Brown. “She was a warm and popular person in the Bengals family, and our immense respect and affection for Mike makes this especially hard. Our hearts go out to Mike and his family.”

“Mike is part of our Bengals family, and we’ll support him in every way we can,” said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “We will dearly miss Vikki. She was a friend to all of us, and a big supporter of Mike’s players. Her thoughtfulness to them in so many ways will also be greatly missed.”

Funeral arrangements are incomplete.

Mike Zimmer, a 10-year defensive coordinator in the NFL, is in his second season with the Bengals.

10-09-2009 10:59 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Terrible situation for any family. What can you say? Hope this family finds some happiness in their future.

10-09-2009 09:02 PM
Advertisement

glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner
My thoughts and prayers go out to their family.

10-09-2009 09:13 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
That's quite a blow and so sad - my heart goes out to them. She sounded like a good lady on Hard Knocks. Looks like the plan is for Mike Zimmer to be back on the sidelines this week - that's gotta be quite emotional for the family and the whole team:

Quote:Zimmer to coach

GEOFF HOBSON
Posted Oct 10, 2009

Football has always been a family affair for the Zimmers and so it is now under the most trying of circumstances.

Accompanied by his father, son and daughter, Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer is making the trip to Baltimore with the Bengals Saturday and will call plays Sunday against the Ravens in the wake of wife Vikki's sudden death Thursday.

Zimmer's mother, Ann, and youngest child, Marki, stayed in Cincinnati. Zimmer's father, Bill, a Hall of Fame coach in Illiinois who coached Mike, joined his grandson Adam, an assistant linebackers coach for the Saints, and Corrie, the couple's middle child.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2009 02:45 PM by Bearhawkeye.)
10-10-2009 02:45 PM
Advertisement

Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
Well the defense and the offense pulled it out for him in the end. Another last minute Bengals win. Man if they could just play with that sense of urgency in the third quarter offensively, they wouldn't have to win on last minute drives every week. But credit to Palmer, he once again is cool in the clutch. And Ravens have no right to whine about their own stupid penalties. They remind me of the UofL teams of a few years ago in basketball who hand checked all over the court and then got mad when they were called fouls. B'more hits receivers before the pass is even near them and then whine about the interference call.

10-11-2009 03:39 PM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

Donators
Glad to see the D win the game for the Zimmer and the Bungals

10-11-2009 05:30 PM
Advertisement

ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Zimmer's wife died of natural causes
Enquirer staff report • October 12, 2009

Hamilton County Coroner Dr. O’dell Owens said Vikki Zimmer, the wife of Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer, died of natural causes at her home Thursday night.

Owens cannot yet say the exact cause of death because all toxicology tests are not complete. He said all signs show the death was not the result of foul play or some sort of accident. Zimmer was 50.

The nation’s eyes were on the sad and sudden death of Zimmer Sunday when the Bengals beat the Baltimore Ravens in the last 15 minutes of the game.

As the team returned triumphant to the locker room, national television cameras caught the emotion of the team presenting the game ball to Mike Zimmer.

"It was a great tribute to Mike Zimmer and his family," Bengals Coach Marvin Lewis said. "It’s just awesome. I don’t know how it could be any better for that. It’s great."

Zimmer decided to coach at the away game, bringing his father, son and one of his daughters with him.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...eakingnews

10-12-2009 04:34 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
Who is deleting threads without permission of the poster and why? That is BS on the part of the one doing the deleting.

10-14-2009 10:09 AM
Advertisement

QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
(10-14-2009 10:09 AM)ctipton Wrote:  Who is deleting threads without permission of the poster and why? That is BS on the part of the one doing the deleting.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=392707

10-14-2009 10:17 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
(10-14-2009 10:17 AM)QSECOFR Wrote:  
(10-14-2009 10:09 AM)ctipton Wrote:  Who is deleting threads without permission of the poster and why? That is BS on the part of the one doing the deleting.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=392707

Thank you. I didn't see that. I at least understand now.

10-14-2009 10:19 AM
gruehls Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: the good guys

DonatorsHall of Fame
Quote:mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

10-14-2009 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.