Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bearcat Madness
Bookmark and Share
ucats11 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Bearcat Madness
Does anyone know when the "Bearcat Madness" is going to be? I can't remember the date. I know it has to be soon. Thanks in advance.

10-08-2009 05:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
RE: Bearcat Madness
It is going to be on the day of the Louisville football game, October 24th. They are waiting for an announcement of gametime before they release anything.

10-08-2009 05:44 PM
UC Marketing Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
There will be two open scrimmage sessions for fans this year - one on October 24 - time TBA and one on October 31 in the morning. Most fans should be able to attend one if not both of these events. We are doing two to become more fan friendly that last year when only one option was done on the football game day.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2009 09:07 PM by UC Marketing.)
10-08-2009 08:13 PM
Gary Bearcat Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
Wait so no Midnight Madness or anything like that? I know we did that breakfast thing before as well which no one really liked.

Wow how times have changed...I can remember standing in a line back to Sander Hall as a student for midnight madness. This is really a shame to let the basketball program lose some of those traditions.

10-08-2009 08:20 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Many schools have scrapped the midnight thing. I just wish they'd pick a different day to do this. If its on Homecoming, I know I won't make it. Already one heck of a busy day.

10-08-2009 08:36 PM
Advertisement

apoe Offline
1st String

I Root For:
With the turn out the last few years I bet a midnight showing would draw 100 people. I like the idea of putting it on homecoming. Plenty of people in Clifton that day. Hopefully they wonder over and check out what should be a solid bball team this year.

10-09-2009 08:15 AM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
will BR be participating in the scrimmages?

10-09-2009 08:58 AM
colsbearcat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-09-2009 08:58 AM)JPBearcat3 Wrote:  will BR be participating in the scrimmages?

If he's eligible.

10-09-2009 09:13 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(10-08-2009 08:36 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I just wish they'd pick a different day to do this.

I agree. There's no longer a need to package it all together.

10-09-2009 12:19 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
There is a second open practice event scheduled on the 31st. Good news for me.

10-09-2009 12:40 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
I really like when they do a couple of these scrimmages. I enjoy them way more than the midnight madness stuff. Its also nice when the do them a week or two into the preseason so you get to see a bit more purposeful scrimmage after some practice has occurred.

10-11-2009 03:42 PM
mrstealz012 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
You're in the majority according to UC Marketing, Murph. According to him, many fans expressed an interest in more meaningful scrimmages as opposed to a thrill show of dunks, lights, and loud music. The multiple scrimmages were put into place to better accommadate fans as well. Sounds like UC took a lot of fan input into consideration with this year's plan. We'll see if it translates into better attendance...

10-11-2009 04:00 PM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
(10-11-2009 04:00 PM)mrstealz012 Wrote:  You're in the majority according to UC Marketing, Murph. According to him, many fans expressed an interest in more meaningful scrimmages as opposed to a thrill show of dunks, lights, and loud music. The multiple scrimmages were put into place to better accommadate fans as well. Sounds like UC took a lot of fan input into consideration with this year's plan. We'll see if it translates into better attendance...

One year a few years back (Huggs era I think) they did 3 scrimmages including MMadness and I really like the scrimmages for the reasons stated above and also because if you missed MMadness you could still get over to see a morning scrimmage. Glad to see their going this route. I'd rather watch a 40 minute scrimmage than several hours of pre-midnight fluff than a dunk contest and a very short scrimmage.

10-11-2009 06:49 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
I prefer the actual scrimmage format much more as well.

10-11-2009 07:07 PM
pobearman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Like the scrimmages as well.

10-11-2009 07:10 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
I agree, the scrimmage format would be the best, although it would also be nice to have a short dunk contest or 3 pt shooting thing mixed in to let the guys show off a little, esp like to see Lance light it up!!

10-13-2009 02:58 PM
levydl Offline
All American

I Root For:
I much prefer the whole spectacle of Midnight Madness with the dunk contest and the half court shot and the rest (they always scrimmaged after all that anyway). Granted, that wouldn't have worked the last few years, and the Midnight Madness they did Mick's first year (with Jamaul Warren singing in a wig and the women's team getting a bunch of airtime) was unbearable, but when there's some excitement back for the start of basketball season, I hope they go back to Midnight Madness.

10-13-2009 04:01 PM
Advertisement

UCbball21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
They should completely do away with any ties to the girls team. Also Bearcat Madness needs to start promptly after the game, I went last year and I was just sitting there waiting around while nothing was happening for a good 40 minutes. I hope they got the sound system fixed too, it was awful last year.

10-13-2009 06:11 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
(10-13-2009 06:11 PM)UCbball21 Wrote:  They should completely do away with any ties to the girls team. Also Bearcat Madness needs to start promptly after the game, I went last year and I was just sitting there waiting around while nothing was happening for a good 40 minutes. I hope they got the sound system fixed too, it was awful last year.

I agree with the sound system. Terrible. I do not agree with the cutting ties with the women's team. It is some of the only positive feedback and face time that they get all year. All good publicity for them.

Old people (like me) take a little time to get from one venue to another no matter how close or far. I agree that 40 minutes is too long but 25 minutes after game end is not.

10-13-2009 06:41 PM
DelhiBearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wholesome Chat
Who else remembers back when the scrimmages used to be held at different high schools. That was kinda cool other than Clifton is closer to me than Glen Este or Lakota (two of the schools I remember the scrimmage being held at).

10-13-2009 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.