Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ouch, BURN!
Bookmark and Share
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Ouch, BURN!
I was looking at ESPN's recap of games going on around the country and they showed highlights of the Cincinnati/Miami game. They were joking around just as the highlights were being shown then they said that the game was closer then they thought (when the score showed up it was 23-13 Cincinnati). Then Reece Davis said "Well it's a rivalry game, they play for the Victory Bell. Well, it's a rivalry from Miami's point of view. Cincinnati kind of looks down on Miami considering their stature in the football world". Then they went on to the next highlight and I'm like "d*mn!"

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 02:35 PM by CatsClaw.)
10-03-2009 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
RE: Ouch, BURN!
well, they're not wrong at this point.

10-03-2009 03:05 PM
griffen Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Miami does own a 59-48 all time record over Cincy. So i'd concur it's a rivaly.

In the end...the score was reflective of what it should have been.

10-03-2009 03:22 PM
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-03-2009 03:22 PM)griffen Wrote:  Miami does own a 59-48 all time record over Cincy. So i'd concur it's a rivaly.

You and others, might consider it a rivalry, but the national media doesn't, and that is a big thing, and the point of the thread. Because it seems like they're trying to push UC into the national elite, which I find pretty interesting. Besides, all-time records doesn't necessarily = rivalry, especially since the dynamics have completely changed. If Cincinnati had been in the Big East as long as Ohio State has been in the Big Ten, Cincinnati probably would be winning this series. Thus, the domination of recent years, winning 5 of the last 6.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 03:31 PM by CatsClaw.)
10-03-2009 03:30 PM
griffen Offline
Banned

I Root For:
If Cincy had been in the Big East as long as OSU in the B10...Cincy wouldn't have been playing all these games against MU...

10-03-2009 04:01 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I expect UC to start putting more and more distance between themselves and Miami. Year of being in a Big Six conference is starting to pay dividends.

10-03-2009 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.