Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Danica Patrick stays in Indycar
Bookmark and Share
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers/Cards
Danica Patrick stays in Indycar
According to a report by ESPNRadio, Danica Patrick will stay with Andreti Green racing by signing a three year contract. I guess the intrest to go in NASCAR Truck and NASCAR Nationwide Series was not enough for her to leave Indycar in the end. Good luck to her and maybe she can win more than one race in her career.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009 03:12 AM by BARTLETTTIGER.)
09-25-2009 06:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

RE: Danica Patrick stays in Indycar
(09-25-2009 06:43 AM)BARTLETTTIGER Wrote:  According to a report by ESPNRadio, Danica Patrick will stay with Andreti Green racing by signing a three year contract. I guess the intrest to go in NASCAR Truck and NASCAR Nationwide Series was not enough for her to leave Indycar in the end. Good luck to her and maybe she can win more than one race in her career.
Is this the last time NASCAR will flirt with this pretty athlete and good athlete Danica Patrick. For me she needs to improve on the driver part and get some wins before joining the NASCAR circuit.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009 04:40 PM by BARTLETTTIGER.)
09-26-2009 03:15 AM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

I Root For: Memphis
She may still race some on the NASCAR circuit.
09-26-2009 07:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2009 07:17 AM)madtiger Wrote:  She may still race some on the NASCAR circuit.
Yes, Mrs. Patrick may join the NASCAR sometime soon, but I think it will be around four or five years before she attempts to join NASCAR again in my humble opinion. Maybe Danica and her handlers have made a good move for the first time in a while. You cannot manufacture talent in the end to win races.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2009 12:39 PM by BARTLETTTIGER.)
09-26-2009 04:42 PM
GoTigersJoe87 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It might just be driver preference. Yes there is more money in NASCAR, but she already makes a ton off of endorsements.

Indy car is a lot more challenging than NASCAR. Who knows, maybe she would rack up more wins by eliminating the turns... 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2009 12:06 PM by GoTigersJoe87.)
09-27-2009 12:06 PM
Advertisement

mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
She is in town this week. Along with Mario Andretti. They are in town for AutoZone's National Sales Meeting.
Just thought you might want to know.
09-30-2009 08:51 PM
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

(09-30-2009 08:51 PM)mapdude Wrote:  She is in town this week. Along with Mario Andretti. They are in town for AutoZone's National Sales Meeting.
Just thought you might want to know.
I am not surprised, considering the NHRA is in as town for the races this weekend at Memphis Motorsports Park. I think it would be so cool to meet Mario Andretti and Danica Patrick are in town for Autozone's National Sales Meeting.
09-30-2009 10:15 PM
Advertisement

PlainTiger Offline
Never odd or even

I Root For: Memphis
This thread is worthless without pics.
10-01-2009 03:11 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
No serious race fan thought she would make the move. She would lose what value she has to a team by spending two or three years in the nationwide series. It would take her at least that long to be competitive, if ever. Remember her only good showings at Indy and at Motegi were not based on her performance. At Indy she ran over another car UNDER YELLOW and topped off tank while they were changing her nose. Allowing her to move up late in race as others peeled off for fuel. She also played fuel mileage game in her only win. Once they changed the way they weighed the cars she hasn't been able to compete as well. Other drivers including her own teammates do not like racing against her due to some of her on and off track actions. Milka Duno may be the worst driver ever to run Indycars but as another woman she doesn't have to sit back and take Danica's BS like the men do. Milka was close to tying into her earlier this year and i would not be surprised if it happens one day. If another driver reach up and smacked another driver aside the head in back of the emergency vehicle as Danica did they would have ended up with some teeth missing.

As for as local NASCAR interest goes. Keep an eye out next year for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. He will be running the full Nationwide series next year.
10-02-2009 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BARTLETTTIGER Offline
Heisman

(10-02-2009 06:31 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  No serious race fan thought she would make the move. She would lose what value she has to a team by spending two or three years in the nationwide series. It would take her at least that long to be competitive, if ever. Remember her only good showings at Indy and at Motegi were not based on her performance. At Indy she ran over another car UNDER YELLOW and topped off tank while they were changing her nose. Allowing her to move up late in race as others peeled off for fuel. She also played fuel mileage game in her only win. Once they changed the way they weighed the cars she hasn't been able to compete as well. Other drivers including her own teammates do not like racing against her due to some of her on and off track actions. Milka Duno may be the worst driver ever to run Indycars but as another woman she doesn't have to sit back and take Danica's BS like the men do. Milka was close to tying into her earlier this year and i would not be surprised if it happens one day. If another driver reach up and smacked another driver aside the head in back of the emergency vehicle as Danica did they would have ended up with some teeth missing.

As for as local NASCAR interest goes. Keep an eye out next year for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. He will be running the full Nationwide series next year.
Regarding the fuel milage thing in racing, some drivers do that even in NASCAR to win races. Running over another call is not cool and you are right about that with Danica Patrick. Does she have an inflated ego? You are absolutely right, and the same goes in with certain people do not like Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon for some on the same things you have mentioned wtih Dancica Patrick. I am going to defend some of the things she has done in the past, but in the heat of the moment you do some stupid things, sure. Does she any close to the amount of wins of a Jeff Gordon or a Tony Stewart? She will not ever have that level of sucess in my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2009 03:41 PM by BARTLETTTIGER.)
10-03-2009 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.