Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Is Brian Kelly going to leave Cincinnati?
This poll is closed.
YES 45.16% 28 45.16%
NO 54.84% 34 54.84%
Total 62 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Brian Kelly's Future
Bookmark and Share
BearcatFan908 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Brian Kelly's Future
Brian Kelly is NOT going to leave CINCINNATI. First of all, the Big East Conference is one of the eastiest conference to get an automatic bid to a BCS game(for now) . The Big 12, SEC, and ACC all have conference championship games. Who wants to go to the Pac-10? They have USC and Kelly's family lives in Michigan. The Big Ten has know elite jobs that are going to open up anytime soon. Notre Dame has to tough of a schedule and to much pressure too win. Brain Kelly is staying at Cincinnati!!!

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2009 02:17 PM by BearcatFan908.)
09-23-2009 09:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
RE: Brian Kelly's Future
thanks for the inside information...

and welcome to the board!

09-23-2009 09:06 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I voted yes because at some point in time he will leave. Maybe not after this season or next, but someday he will.

BTW, Kelly's family does not live in Michigan.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2009 09:15 PM by subflea.)
09-23-2009 09:14 PM
oleskl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Donators
I voted yes with an over/under of 20 years

09-23-2009 09:17 PM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

Exactly...open ended, you'd be completely wrong to say he wouldn't. Now if the over under is 5 years, there's a conundrum.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2009 09:33 PM by BearcatMan.)
09-23-2009 09:33 PM
bearcatmill Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Eventually every one leaves their jobs. No one stays at their jobs forever.

09-23-2009 09:44 PM
Advertisement

Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(09-23-2009 09:33 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Exactly...open ended, you'd be completely wrong to say he wouldn't. Now if the over under is 5 years, there's a conundrum.

Yeah that is why I am not voting. Will he leave someday? Obviously, unless he is Joe Paterno and plans on staying until one day he quietly dies in the film room.

Is he leaving in the near future? I dunno but if he can knock on the BCS door every year here, leaving might not seem quite so attractive much less pressing.

09-23-2009 09:50 PM
Coopdaddy67 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ice cream
(09-23-2009 09:50 PM)Eastside_J Wrote:  Yeah that is why I am not voting. Will he leave someday? Obviously, unless he is Joe Paterno and plans on staying until one day he quietly dies in the film room.

College football will no longer be the same once he's gone. One of my favorites.

09-23-2009 09:54 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
Kelly's probably thinking about a late night BLT and a root beer while watching some John Wayne movie. Tomorrow, hunting bear with his hands in the UP.

09-23-2009 10:04 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Everyone leaves their job eventually. You either get fired or you quit. Might want to put a time frame on your poll.

09-23-2009 11:12 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Yes, I'm preparing for him to leave someday, but, come on... do polls like this really add to the board.

If we get 3 more years from BK, I'll be delighted. Hell, I'm delighted every year he's here.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2009 03:58 AM by Ring of Black.)
09-24-2009 01:47 AM
Advertisement

griffen Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Some still retire...

09-24-2009 01:48 AM
ucdsk Offline
2nd String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Only Joe Pa and the dishonored Bowden don't leave, they simply fade away. If BK leaves at the end of this season, thank you and God Bless, UC is better off for his time here. If he stays another season or 10 so much the better...Remember where this program came from, no bowl in 47 years, weak or no conference affiliations, comdemned staduim, 2 practice fields(had to mention that) very little fan support and so on. The most important thing for the program today and this week is focus--beat the next opponent: Fresno State03-banghead SO ENJOY AND GO BEARCATS!!!!!!!!

09-24-2009 05:22 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Good post UCdsk 04-bow That's exactly where I'm at.

I won't be surprised the day BK leaves. But, my thing is, I'll be frustrated if it is a lateral move, and has to do with the lack of a practice facility. Rath seems optimistic about that part of it (post in another thread I think), so I'll stay off that topic for awhile.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2009 05:55 AM by Ring of Black.)
09-24-2009 05:54 AM
converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
BK will take the Bearcats to either the National Championship game OR very close to it this season..

That's a fantastic effort and deserves many KUDOS...

It's also the reason that this season may very well be his last in Cincinnati. He has risen quickly through the ranks and it is clear that he is one of the shining stars of DI football coaching.

The big boys will come calling...with lots and lots of $$$$

It's entirely possible that he takes Tressel's job in Columbus before all this is over...while that would be a bitter pill for the UC faithful to swallow...it's an entirely plausible scenario.

Then there's Notre Dame....and Michigan....and any number of high-profile SEC schools---all of which DWARF UC in liquidity.

There's simply not the money here to keep him---OSU alone could offer 5 times the salary he is making here at UC and not blink...do you really think UC could come up with that kind of cash? I don't...

It's like fireworks...enjoy it while it lasts....

09-24-2009 06:30 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Big boys came calling last year. Starting to sound like a bunch of 8th grade girls sitting around worrying about if that cute boy likes them or not.

This year or 5 more. Enjoy the ride.

09-24-2009 06:42 AM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
I think he will be gone after this season. He has commented too many times about the lack of proper facilities so it's a big issue with him.

If UC is unable to make significant progress on facilities I think he will leave after this year.

I am enjoying this and losing him would not be the end of Bearcat football, but if he leaves over the facilities issue and makes a big deal out of it when he does it will hurt UC's image and put into question their commitment to being a BCS football program.

09-24-2009 07:26 AM
UCDAA86 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU
Kelly's outta here, and has a host of contractual outs already. The practice fields will be good to have and are a savvy no nonsense solution, and might go toward keeping UC sustainable (if the money gets raised for them), but this fella is seen by a lotta folks as gold plated, and UC is going to have a rough time living up to the terms of the contract, b/c it's written in the spirit of bringing a program with little history into NCAA competitiveness in a day.

That takes not only a lot of Jack, but a sustainable fanbase as well. UC is hard pressed to find that sustainability in its students, let alone alumni, even if the money is there. Take Kelly, Gilyard, and Pike out of the equation, and all heads will turn from the hill to the riverfront to be disappointed. yet again. Apologies in advance to those of you passionate about bearcat ball - this town will only support winners, and the minute there's a down moment...

The good thing about this short moment in the spotlight is that UC will get some support to remain visible on the NCAA playing field. What the fanbase through their investment and the University through their organization around athletics choose to do to maintain that visibility remains to be seen.

This season appears to be the golden one for the UCATS, and I wish them the best. I'm looking forward to sustainability in the rough days as well.[/align]

09-25-2009 01:58 AM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

Kelly has everything he needs here to compete nationally. Money for him and his coaches, facilities (which will be improved greatly), a strong national schedule, a BCS conference, a strong national reputation now, decent bowl and conference championship tradition, and proof that Cincinnati can compete for a national championship.

09-26-2009 09:51 AM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(09-25-2009 01:58 AM)UCDAA86 Wrote:  Kelly's outta here, and has a host of contractual outs already.

Can you detail exactly the "host of contractual outs already" and your source? This could be a huge deal and you seem to be very knowledgeable based upon the tone of your post.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2009 10:10 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
09-26-2009 10:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.