Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What did Broyles say about Malzahn's offense
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
What did Broyles say about Malzahn's offense
It won't work in the SEC? Sounds like it worked pretty good against Mississippi State. I realize that Mississippi State isn't Florida, but we'll see how it goes as the year progresses. Auburn wasn't very good last year, and he hasn't had time to recruit his type of players for his offense. It'll be interesting to see what happens at Auburn in the next two or three years.
09-15-2009 10:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
RE: What did Broyles say about Malzahn's offense
(09-15-2009 10:59 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  It won't work in the SEC? Sounds like it worked pretty good against Mississippi State. I realize that Mississippi State isn't Florida, but we'll see how it goes as the year progresses. Auburn wasn't very good last year, and he hasn't had time to recruit his type of players for his offense. It'll be interesting to see what happens at Auburn in the next two or three years.

Just another example of how Broyles clings to ideas whose time has passed. Years ago, there were several programs that refused to engage in any sort of in-state competition. Now there is only one program in America that has that policy.
09-16-2009 01:56 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
Is Coach Broyles still at Fayetteville? I sure thought he retired.
09-16-2009 02:16 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(09-16-2009 02:16 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Is Coach Broyles still at Fayetteville? I sure thought he retired.

He and his legacy are still around. Until he's in the ground, out of respect for him, the policy probably won't change. Once he's gone to that great gridiron in the sky, the policy might be reevaluated.04-rock
09-16-2009 03:49 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 03:49 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(09-16-2009 02:16 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Is Coach Broyles still at Fayetteville? I sure thought he retired.

He and his legacy are still around. Until he's in the ground, out of respect for him, the policy probably won't change. Once he's gone to that great gridiron in the sky, the policy might be reevaluated.04-rock

I agree Dr. J. Probably no way they change the policy while Big Frank is still breathing. And I would be shocked if he wasn't still residing in Fayetteville. It's been his home for over 50 years. He doesn't seem like the move to a retirement village in Florida kind of guy to me.
09-16-2009 04:04 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

If they change the policy of playing in-state teams after he's dead, that means that it's a bad, out of date policy. Why keep it out of respect for him? If it's bad, change it now. He's not God. Personally I don't care if we ever play them, normally we couldn't compete with them, but it's ridiculous that they will play other Sun Belt teams, but won't play ASU or UALR.

Ever wonder why Arkansas is usually 47th, 48th, 49th, or 50th in many categories. Many times it's because of people with ideas that are out of date. Remember Broyles wanted Gus Mahzahn hired as offensive coordinator, but then said that his offense wouldn't work in the SEC. He hasn't coached in forty years, so obviously he isn't keeping up with what's happening in college football.
09-16-2009 04:10 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 04:10 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

If they change the policy of playing in-state teams after he's dead, that means that it's a bad, out of date policy. Why keep it out of respect for him? If it's bad, change it now. He's not God. Personally I don't care if we ever play them, normally we couldn't compete with them, but it's ridiculous that they will play other Sun Belt teams, but won't play ASU or UALR.

Ever wonder why Arkansas is usually 47th, 48th, 49th, or 50th in many categories. Many times it's because of people with ideas that are out of date. Remember Broyles wanted Gus Mahzahn hired as offensive coordinator, but then said that his offense wouldn't work in the SEC. He hasn't coached in forty years, so obviously he isn't keeping up with what's happening in college football.

"He's not God." - Better not let Frank know. It would rock his world.

"Ever wonder why Arkansas is usually 47th, 48th, 49th, or 50th in many categories. Many times it's because of people with ideas that are out of date." - Man, unfortunately this is so sadly true.
09-16-2009 04:35 PM
Scotto Offline

Not only will the Hogs play SBC schools, but on occasions let them be the home team to assist in attendance requirements.

Classic.
09-16-2009 04:40 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-16-2009 04:40 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Not only will the Hogs play SBC schools, but on occasions let them be the home team to assist in attendance requirements.

Classic.

If they're so damn generous and caring about SBC schools, why don't they play ASU and let them be the home team at War Memorial and help their attendance, and let the Trojans be the home team at Verizon and help ours? Scotto, I know you're a hog first, and you probably should be, and I have a Masters from the UofA, but I have no respect for them, simply because of their, and their fans attitudes toward the other schools in the state.
09-16-2009 05:11 PM
Scotto Offline

I suspect they do it just to aggravate asu.
09-16-2009 05:14 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 05:14 PM)Scotto Wrote:  I suspect they do it just to aggravate asu.

To what end and purpose? To be arrogant a-holes to the rest of the State just to be arrogant a-holes? What does that accomplish? Do the Chickenhawgs really believe they have something to lose? What would that be?

Surely you don't agree with this moronic myoptic policy Scotto! Like LRTrojan, I'm not consumed by this like some, and don't really care if we play the Chickenhawgs or not, but it still is a stupid policy.
09-16-2009 10:11 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

I think The Policy has allowed them to capture the majority of the State, by not acknowledging any one else in the State. The proof is in the newspaper. How much ink is Razorback and how much is everything else. I could couldn't care less if the Hogs play asu or UALR or anyone else quite frankly.

It's the Trojanback fans that are consumed by it.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2009 08:31 AM by Scotto.)
09-16-2009 10:25 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 10:25 PM)Scotto Wrote:  I think The Policy has allowed them to capture the majority of the State, by not acknowledging any one else in the State. The proof is in the newspaper. How much ink is Razorback and how much is everything else. I could care less if the Hogs play asu or UALR or anyone else quite frankly.

It's the Trojanback fans that are consumed by it.

So why is the State of Arkansas different from every other State in the Nation? The Chickenhawgs are in the SEC, the only BCS major conference that has a member in the State. What are they worried about? That fact right there gives them all the advantage they will ever need and more.

Take any other State that you wish, and draw a similar comparison for me. The problem you will have is that no program in the country has the same policy, but go ahead and ignore that and tell me why this policy is not maintained anywhere else in today's college sports enviroment.

Do you really believe that playing other teams in the State will cut down on the Chickenhawg coverage by the media? Do you really believe that playing other teams on a "bought" basis, which you and I both know would be the situation if it ever happened, would be detrimental to the Chickenhawg program?

Just what is the justification for this policy anyway, now that we are not living in anything like the enviroment that college athletics were in when it was first instituted. At that time, Chickenhawg athletics was not only not dominant like it is today, it was on unsure financial ground, and recruiting was very local, not national. These factors have no relevance today.
09-16-2009 10:52 PM
Scotto Offline

I don't even know how to respond. I said I could care less if we do or do not play. And I sure as hell am not going to defend something I could couldn't care less about.

It is what it is.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2009 08:32 AM by Scotto.)
09-16-2009 11:08 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
I've laid out before why I think at this point, in fact it would be beneficial for the Hogs to play us or ASU, or anyone else in state.

Play us or not, win or lose, the Hogs are and forever will be THE premier team in the state. Why not help other teams? It's the right thing to do, but again I think it would be financially and competitively beneficial anyway.
09-16-2009 11:12 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 11:08 PM)Scotto Wrote:  I don't even know how to respond. I said I could care less if we do or do not play. And I sure as hell am not going to defend something I could care less about.

It is what it is.

Or that can't be defended, eh? Truth is there is no logical expanation and you know it so you just say you don't care about it. Slavery and segregation were treated in a similar fashion for years. Not that this is anywhere near that magnitude, but did ignoring that or any other issue make it ok?
09-16-2009 11:14 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

What do you want me to do, say it's dumb? Okay, it's dumb. You want me to call someone on The Hill. Give me a number and I'll try, but I suspect they won't take my call. And if they do, what do I say "'Hey dude, The Policy is dumb". Sure, whatever.

Like I said, I could couldn't care less.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2009 08:32 AM by Scotto.)
09-16-2009 11:21 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 11:21 PM)Scotto Wrote:  What do you want me to do, say it's dumb? Okay, it's dumb. You want me to call someone on The Hill. Give me a number and I'll try, but I suspect they won't take my call. And if they do, what do I say "'Hey dude, The Policy is dumb". Sure, whatever.

Like I said, I could care less.

Don't mean to beat you up Scotto, but if a policy is stupid and makes no sense, then, just like you just did, Chickenhawg fans should acknowledge the stupidity of the policy. And not act like there is some rational reason for it to exist. At least you are reasonable enough in your Hogism (probably due to the good influence you have experienced from Trojan supporters to deal with your affliction) to realize that not all things that come down from Fayetteville are worth worship.

As one of the right and true thinking Trojan fans of this world, let me say we appreciate you!
09-16-2009 11:29 PM
Scotto Offline

Thank you for those kind words. Just don't lump all of us together. Just like I don't lump all UALR fans as Trojanback fans, you know, those UALR fans consumed by all things Razorback.
09-16-2009 11:41 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(09-16-2009 11:41 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Thank you for those kind words. Just don't lump all of us together. Just like I don't lump all UALR fans as Trojanback fans, you know, those UALR fans consumed by all things Razorback.

You are clearly at the top level of rationality and sportsmanship of the fans of the program in Northwest Arkansas. You are certainly not lumped in with the majority of those yeabows! I don't think that most Little Rock fans are consumed with the Chickenhawg issues like a lot of ASU fans seem to be, but the issues are out there nevertheless.

Let's hope that all of the sports fans in Arkansas can set a pace for progressiveness that has not been seen in other aspects of life in this State, as alluded to by LRTrojan.
09-16-2009 11:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.