Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Huskies On WSCR For 3 More Years
Bookmark and Share
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Huskies On WSCR For 3 More Years
Sahly tweeting from Chicago media day that Huskies will be on WSCR for three more years (contract renewed?) for football and basketball. 20 hoops games on WSCR this season.

http://twitter.com/HuskieWire
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 12:21 PM by DiehardHuskie.)
08-03-2009 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
RE: Huskies On WSCR For 3 More Years
Great news for the program.
08-03-2009 12:27 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
I am just happy that their games are broadcast on a Chicago area station. Getting some of the outlying stations was difficult at times. The best part of WSCR is it Booms to Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana and other surrounding states. This should help with recruiting as parents and relatives can at least listen to the games if they can't attend.
08-03-2009 12:29 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
That's some good news. WSCR has been a wonderful addition to our radio lineup. I'd imagine it helped that the Bulls moved their games to ESPN1000. Also, Blackhawk games moved to WGN radio.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 12:38 PM by epasnoopy.)
08-03-2009 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(08-03-2009 12:29 PM)klake87 Wrote:  I am just happy that their games are broadcast on a Chicago area station. Getting some of the outlying stations was difficult at times. The best part of WSCR is it Booms to Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana and other surrounding states. This should help with recruiting as parents and relatives can at least listen to the games if they can't attend.

Just moved to Milwaukee...I still get 670 and 1000 which is great.
08-03-2009 12:32 PM
DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Comcast extended three more years as well.
08-03-2009 12:36 PM
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
great news for niu
08-03-2009 12:37 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
This is all great news. The bases are there to build the program. Now all we have to do is win.
08-03-2009 12:42 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(08-03-2009 12:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Comcast extended three more years as well.

Hopefully some basketball games on there in the future.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 12:53 PM by epasnoopy.)
08-03-2009 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
It is worth noting that NIU pays WSCR to broadcast games. It's not the other way around. So it would be interesting to find out how much more or less NIU is paying to keep WSCR's attention.
08-03-2009 01:09 PM
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
(08-03-2009 01:09 PM)Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:  It is worth noting that NIU pays WSCR to broadcast games. It's not the other way around. So it would be interesting to find out how much more or less NIU is paying to keep WSCR's attention.
Same thing with comcast, but that is not what is important. It is all about the exposure.
08-03-2009 01:12 PM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(08-03-2009 12:52 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(08-03-2009 12:36 PM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Comcast extended three more years as well.

Hopefully some basketball games on there in the future.

Yes, this is the way to get the rising program noticed. It would be great to once again see some basketball games televised from the Convo Center. It's been quite a while.
08-03-2009 01:16 PM
RitzHuskie Offline
All American

I Root For:
This easily has to give us the most exposure between T.V. and radio of any team in the MAC.
08-03-2009 03:29 PM
Nigel Incubator-Jones Offline
All American

I Root For: Ricky Bobby
What exactly does exposure on WSCR radio get us? Look, I'm very happy that games are broadcast on a powerful Chicago radio station. But lets be realistic. I have heard in the past that WSCR listernership ratings for NIU football were abysmal. I think we get much more bang for the buck from the Comcast TV coverage. But even in this case I would say the tuning in audience isn't great.

We've had several years worth of TV and radio "exposure." And I have a hard time understanding what it has gotten us beyond the obvious nice convenience factor for NIU alumnus and students who like football. Yet NIU seems to be having more difficult time recruiting in our own backyard to include the steady inroads of other MAC programs. Also, attendance at Huskie Stadium has been declining from its peak of a few years ago, so again I'm not sure how this exposure thing on TV and radio is helping the cause.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2009 03:43 PM by Nigel Incubator-Jones.)
08-03-2009 03:39 PM
cagy cager Offline
1st String

you are one negative sob, nij....must be a joy to live or work with
08-03-2009 08:49 PM
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(08-03-2009 03:39 PM)Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:  What exactly does exposure on WSCR radio get us? Look, I'm very happy that games are broadcast on a powerful Chicago radio station. But lets be realistic. I have heard in the past that WSCR listernership ratings for NIU football were abysmal. I think we get much more bang for the buck from the Comcast TV coverage. But even in this case I would say the tuning in audience isn't great.

We've had several years worth of TV and radio "exposure." And I have a hard time understanding what it has gotten us beyond the obvious nice convenience factor for NIU alumnus and students who like football. Yet NIU seems to be having more difficult time recruiting in our own backyard to include the steady inroads of other MAC programs. Also, attendance at Huskie Stadium has been declining from its peak of a few years ago, so again I'm not sure how this exposure thing on TV and radio is helping the cause.

There's a logo under your name. That organization spent a few decades denying the benefits of exposure, too. Perhaps we should go back to the way things were in the late eighties, when the only way to see NIU highlights was to watch the coach's show. Dig up an old program from those days. Take a look at the donor list... the one that takes up about half a page. Then explain once again why more exposure is a waste of resources.
08-03-2009 08:52 PM
Advertisement

HuskieRak Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU! NIU! NIU!
(08-03-2009 08:52 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  
(08-03-2009 03:39 PM)Nigel Incubator-Jones Wrote:  What exactly does exposure on WSCR radio get us? Look, I'm very happy that games are broadcast on a powerful Chicago radio station. But lets be realistic. I have heard in the past that WSCR listernership ratings for NIU football were abysmal. I think we get much more bang for the buck from the Comcast TV coverage. But even in this case I would say the tuning in audience isn't great.

There's a logo under your name. That organization spent a few decades denying the benefits of exposure, too. Perhaps we should go back to the way things were in the late eighties, when the only way to see NIU highlights was to watch the coach's show. Dig up an old program from those days. Take a look at the donor list... the one that takes up about half a page. Then explain once again why more exposure is a waste of resources.

That is a genius of a post right there Cawoo
08-03-2009 08:59 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

On a clear night, you can get 670 in Duluth MN!

But I can't get it here in the Cities because of all the local radio noise. But since there are so many free options for watching the game now on the internet, I don't miss any NIU games.
08-04-2009 08:03 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(08-04-2009 08:03 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  On a clear night, you can get 670 in Duluth MN!

But I can't get it here in the Cities because of all the local radio noise. But since there are so many free options for watching the game now on the internet, I don't miss any NIU games.

This, too, is the beauty of our games being on Comcast. With a sports package on most cable and satellite systems, you can get CSN Chicago anywhere.
08-04-2009 08:40 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

This is advertising for the whole university. Alumni not heavily involved can listen. Current and potential students can listen. It is like one big infomercial.
08-04-2009 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.